A couple of days ago, after our week staying in a friend's house on the eastern end of PEI, we decided to visit Woodleigh Replicas on our way as we left for our drive back to Massachusetts. We'd heard lots about it from our friends, and were looking forward to seeing the replicas. It was a bit out of our way to go there, but we figured it would be worthwhile. Imagine our disappointment when we arrived there to discover they have closed! In fact, we drove right by them, going a few kilometers too far, and decided we must have somehow missed the place, and turned around. When we stopped to ask for directions, we were told they'd gone bankrupt and closed - and they'd taken down their sign, that's why we'd missed them. I was sorry to hear they'd had to close, and dismayed we'd wasted so much time (and gas!) to go there. I thought I should post here to let any other Fodorites planning a PEI trip to not spend time trying to visit Woodleigh Replicas.
Woodleigh Replicas on PEI has closed!
View all Canada activity »
- 1 Winter getaway to Quebec City!!
- 2 VANCOUVER AUGUST 2014
- 3 Golden BC
- 4 Which area to live in Kelowna? Help please.
- 5 HELP ! Where to move in Vancouver?
- 6 Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver - May/June 14
- 7 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 8 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 9 Camping in Banff & Jasper Natl Parks
- 10 Two students going to Montreal/Quebec City for cheap
- 11 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 12 Recommended language schools in Montreal or Quebec City?
- 13 Christmas Eve Dinner in Quebec City with kids
- 14 alberta is experiencing a big storm dec 2
- 15 Looking for suggestions: Banff activities for 7-year old
- 16 Ucluelet or Tofino
- 17 Banff/Canmore, Lake Louise (Field?) and Jasper in July
- 18 Golden, British Columbia
- 19 Northern Lights at Banff National Park in Winter?
- 20 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 21 Best time of year and place for salmon fishing
- 22 tofino kayaking and fishing
- 23 Hiking Crypt Lake in May
- 24 Trip to Maritime Provinces
- 25 America by Rail