A couple of days ago, after our week staying in a friend's house on the eastern end of PEI, we decided to visit Woodleigh Replicas on our way as we left for our drive back to Massachusetts. We'd heard lots about it from our friends, and were looking forward to seeing the replicas. It was a bit out of our way to go there, but we figured it would be worthwhile. Imagine our disappointment when we arrived there to discover they have closed! In fact, we drove right by them, going a few kilometers too far, and decided we must have somehow missed the place, and turned around. When we stopped to ask for directions, we were told they'd gone bankrupt and closed - and they'd taken down their sign, that's why we'd missed them. I was sorry to hear they'd had to close, and dismayed we'd wasted so much time (and gas!) to go there. I thought I should post here to let any other Fodorites planning a PEI trip to not spend time trying to visit Woodleigh Replicas.
Woodleigh Replicas on PEI has closed!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Gaspe
- 2 Driving from Calgary to U SA
- 3 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 4 Tofino -Are 5-6 days long enough or too long for family with preschoolers?
- 5 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 6 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 7 Montreal and Quebec with 12 year old girl
- 8 ATM for cash in Vancouver
- 9 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 10 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 11 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 12 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 13 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 14 Niagara/Toronto to Quebec & Maybe Montreal--need advice
- 15 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 16 Alberta Wildfires
- 17 Niagara Falls Canada
- 18 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 19 Fresh Fruit from US
- 20 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 21 quebec
- 22 Jet to Victoria
- 23 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 24 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants
- 25 icebergs r us/ canada's far east: st john's NL