A couple of days ago, after our week staying in a friend's house on the eastern end of PEI, we decided to visit Woodleigh Replicas on our way as we left for our drive back to Massachusetts. We'd heard lots about it from our friends, and were looking forward to seeing the replicas. It was a bit out of our way to go there, but we figured it would be worthwhile. Imagine our disappointment when we arrived there to discover they have closed! In fact, we drove right by them, going a few kilometers too far, and decided we must have somehow missed the place, and turned around. When we stopped to ask for directions, we were told they'd gone bankrupt and closed - and they'd taken down their sign, that's why we'd missed them. I was sorry to hear they'd had to close, and dismayed we'd wasted so much time (and gas!) to go there. I thought I should post here to let any other Fodorites planning a PEI trip to not spend time trying to visit Woodleigh Replicas.
Woodleigh Replicas on PEI has closed!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 season greetings
- 2 Confused about VIA rail options - upper berth, cabin?
- 3 Taxi Stand near Saint Jean Baptiste in Montreal
- 4 December activities for kids in downtown Toronto?
- 5 Toronto: where to stay?
- 6 Alberta????
- 7 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 8 moving from Saskatchewan - choices
- 9 Ottawa and Montreal New Years
- 10 Wifi rental
- 11 Your favorite travel web sites?
- 12 Short term lodging
- 13 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 14 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 15 Vancouver island or Northern West
- 16 Vancouver top restaurant
- 17 Montreal Entertainment
- 18 Heli skiing in March
- 19 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 20 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 21 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 22 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 23 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 24 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 25 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise