My husband and I are not looking forward to an exhausting holiday season with what looks to be only work on the horizon. Nevertheless, we are making it a mission to get away, if even for a weekend! We would like to visit Quebec City, from NY, for 3 days (January 3-5). Its a nice short trip that will hopefully be more than fulfilling. This will be our first time to Quebec and we are extremely excited! We will have a car to get around, so that's not a problem.
I was thinking to stay at the Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, I know its not amazing but its only 3 days and we didnt want a "regular hotel" or a really expensive one.
What I am writing for is this, since it will be the middle (or beginning?) of winter and all of the holiday festivities will be over, what should we do?
I was hoping for something more than just strolling around and eating (even though there will be plenty of that too!!). For example, when we went to Czech Republic a few years ago we stayed in the snowy mountains and would go to a relaxing spa during the day and marinate in beer baths (literally!). It was very fitting considering the outside weather and extremely relaxing. I have never heard of beer baths anywhere else and it was a lovely and unique experience. I am looking for these types of adventures.
We are not big skiers or snowboarders but we do ice skate, so that would be an option. I also forgot to mention that it will be our one year wedding anniversary during the trip! I wanted this mini-vaca to be a mix of seeing a new place and just relaxing and not doing anything.
Can't wait to read your recommendations!
Winter getaway to Quebec City!!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 2 Buffet Lunch near Niagra Falls?
- 3 Toronto: where to stay?
- 4 Vancouver top restaurant
- 5 Montreal Entertainment
- 6 Heli skiing in March
- 7 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 8 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 9 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 10 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 11 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 12 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 13 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 14 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 15 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.
- 16 Toronto lodgings
- 17 Free parking in Halifax near Waterfront.
- 18 Planing a Trip to Toronto in December
- 19 rockies in september
- 20 Looking for a cold place to visit during my school break
- 21 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 22 Viking Trail
- 23 sample itinerary for multi-generational family to Canadian Rockies in July
- 24 Quebec City trip.report
- 25 Difficulty getting from Montreal to Burlington by public transport help plz