My husband and I are not looking forward to an exhausting holiday season with what looks to be only work on the horizon. Nevertheless, we are making it a mission to get away, if even for a weekend! We would like to visit Quebec City, from NY, for 3 days (January 3-5). Its a nice short trip that will hopefully be more than fulfilling. This will be our first time to Quebec and we are extremely excited! We will have a car to get around, so that's not a problem.
I was thinking to stay at the Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, I know its not amazing but its only 3 days and we didnt want a "regular hotel" or a really expensive one.
What I am writing for is this, since it will be the middle (or beginning?) of winter and all of the holiday festivities will be over, what should we do?
I was hoping for something more than just strolling around and eating (even though there will be plenty of that too!!). For example, when we went to Czech Republic a few years ago we stayed in the snowy mountains and would go to a relaxing spa during the day and marinate in beer baths (literally!). It was very fitting considering the outside weather and extremely relaxing. I have never heard of beer baths anywhere else and it was a lovely and unique experience. I am looking for these types of adventures.
We are not big skiers or snowboarders but we do ice skate, so that would be an option. I also forgot to mention that it will be our one year wedding anniversary during the trip! I wanted this mini-vaca to be a mix of seeing a new place and just relaxing and not doing anything.
Can't wait to read your recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Nous vendons subutex 2mg, 8mg, subuxone aux côtés d'autres pilules
- 2 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 3 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 4 What are best Caribbean restaurants in Toronto?
- 5 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 6 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 7 Detroit to Windsor must do's
- 8 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 9 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 10 Temporary residency in Canada
- 11 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 12 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 13 water filtration
- 14 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 15 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 16 Western Canada in August
- 17 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 18 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 19 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 20 Jasper with two elderly
- 21 Dempster highway in early September
- 22 jasper
- 23 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 24 Toronto-afternoon tea
- 25 BC Ferries Experience Card