My husband and I are not looking forward to an exhausting holiday season with what looks to be only work on the horizon. Nevertheless, we are making it a mission to get away, if even for a weekend! We would like to visit Quebec City, from NY, for 3 days (January 3-5). Its a nice short trip that will hopefully be more than fulfilling. This will be our first time to Quebec and we are extremely excited! We will have a car to get around, so that's not a problem.
I was thinking to stay at the Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, I know its not amazing but its only 3 days and we didnt want a "regular hotel" or a really expensive one.
What I am writing for is this, since it will be the middle (or beginning?) of winter and all of the holiday festivities will be over, what should we do?
I was hoping for something more than just strolling around and eating (even though there will be plenty of that too!!). For example, when we went to Czech Republic a few years ago we stayed in the snowy mountains and would go to a relaxing spa during the day and marinate in beer baths (literally!). It was very fitting considering the outside weather and extremely relaxing. I have never heard of beer baths anywhere else and it was a lovely and unique experience. I am looking for these types of adventures.
We are not big skiers or snowboarders but we do ice skate, so that would be an option. I also forgot to mention that it will be our one year wedding anniversary during the trip! I wanted this mini-vaca to be a mix of seeing a new place and just relaxing and not doing anything.
Can't wait to read your recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Maritimes Trip - First Time 2016
- 2 From Vancouver to Anchorage
- 3 Traveling with ashes
- 4 Bus Tour of Quebec City,NO Walking
- 5 Wheelchair in NOL, Toronto & Kingston
- 6 Vancouver 3 days
- 7 American in Canada - Do you carry your passport?
- 8 Vancouver without a Car
- 9 Whistler
- 10 Montreal and Quebec City with Kids
- 11 Trip Between New York City and Toronto
- 12 Intro
- 13 5 day itinerary for Vancouver
- 14 First time & 5 days in Vancouver (trip report)
- 15 Victoria, BC weekend help
- 16 Road trip from Ithaca (NY) to Montreal/Quebec City?
- 17 14 days self-drive Niagara north
- 18 Vancouver, Vancouver Island & Rockies road trip - HELP NEEDED
- 19 Need help in rain!
- 20 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days
- 21 Rv Campground trip
- 22 Chicago to London, ON, Canada
- 23 Weather September/October
- 24 driving from Richmond Hill, Onatio to Winnipeg, MB
- 25 First Time Trip