My husband and I are not looking forward to an exhausting holiday season with what looks to be only work on the horizon. Nevertheless, we are making it a mission to get away, if even for a weekend! We would like to visit Quebec City, from NY, for 3 days (January 3-5). Its a nice short trip that will hopefully be more than fulfilling. This will be our first time to Quebec and we are extremely excited! We will have a car to get around, so that's not a problem.
I was thinking to stay at the Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac, I know its not amazing but its only 3 days and we didnt want a "regular hotel" or a really expensive one.
What I am writing for is this, since it will be the middle (or beginning?) of winter and all of the holiday festivities will be over, what should we do?
I was hoping for something more than just strolling around and eating (even though there will be plenty of that too!!). For example, when we went to Czech Republic a few years ago we stayed in the snowy mountains and would go to a relaxing spa during the day and marinate in beer baths (literally!). It was very fitting considering the outside weather and extremely relaxing. I have never heard of beer baths anywhere else and it was a lovely and unique experience. I am looking for these types of adventures.
We are not big skiers or snowboarders but we do ice skate, so that would be an option. I also forgot to mention that it will be our one year wedding anniversary during the trip! I wanted this mini-vaca to be a mix of seeing a new place and just relaxing and not doing anything.
Can't wait to read your recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 VANCOUVER RESTAURANT WITH A VIEW
- 2 Victoria Island
- 3 Montreal Quebec road trip with kids
- 4 Accommodation in halifax
- 5 Area between Montreal and Lake Champlain, VT
- 6 Itinerary help needed: Seattle, Olympic National Park,Victorian Vancouver
- 7 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 8 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 9 Two week taster
- 10 Is it possible to drive to Nunavut?
- 11 Part Montreal, Part ?? 9 days
- 12 Fairmont Queen Elizabeth or Hotel Le St. James
- 13 Need help with Banff and Jasper Trip planning
- 14 Translink and itinerary questions
- 15 Driving the Cabot Trail
- 16 Montreal Restaurants
- 17 Traveling with your bike
- 18 Would love to hear thoughts on Nova Scotia, NB and a dip into Maine
- 19 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 20 Bay of Fundy
- 21 Buying on Road Trip US>Canada>US
- 22 Banff/Yoho/Kootenay/Jasper Travelers Advice Please
- 23 Icebergs, Whales, Puffins and Potholes - A Newfoundland Adventure
- 24 First Hikes - Flatlanders
- 25 Banff - best route to visit these highlights