We will be staying 2 nights (maybe 3) toward the end of June in New Brunswick on our way to visit relatives in PEI. We want to explore the Fundy coast (hopewell rocks, Fundy national park, etc), but we're not sure where to stay. We'll be driving up from CT, and probably don't want to drive much further than Saint John for one day. We're two adults and two children, ages 5 and 7. We like to stay in victorian style Inns . We stayed at the Pansy Patch in St. Andrews a few years ago and liked it, but we might like to try somewhere different. I'm considering the Homeport Historic Inn in Saint John - anyone know of it? Any other suggestions for Inns in the Fundy area would be greatly appreciated.
Also, is Saint John as nice a city as Halifax? We stayed at an inn in Halifax about 3 years ago, and loved it. We found the city very clean, walkable (downtown), and lovely, and we don't like cities as a rule.
where to stay in Saint John for fundy exploring
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 2 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 3 Jet to Victoria
- 4 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 5 quebec
- 6 Fresh Fruit from US
- 7 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 8 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 9 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants
- 10 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 11 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 12 Alberta Wildfires
- 13 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 14 icebergs r us/ canada's far east: st john's NL
- 15 When Train Plans Go Awry—My 2 Day Winnipeg/ Saint Boniface Odyssey
- 16 Niagara Falls Canada
- 17 One Day in Niagra falls with kids
- 18 What do you think of this itinerary Ontario-Qebec trip?
- 19 Driving Victoria to Toronto
- 20 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 21 edmonton-jasper, banff, lake louise
- 22 Grouse or Whistler?
- 23 What all are must go locations in Algonquin Park ?
- 24 Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
- 25 Whale Watching in Lunenburg - has anyone had a good experience?