We will be staying 2 nights (maybe 3) toward the end of June in New Brunswick on our way to visit relatives in PEI. We want to explore the Fundy coast (hopewell rocks, Fundy national park, etc), but we're not sure where to stay. We'll be driving up from CT, and probably don't want to drive much further than Saint John for one day. We're two adults and two children, ages 5 and 7. We like to stay in victorian style Inns . We stayed at the Pansy Patch in St. Andrews a few years ago and liked it, but we might like to try somewhere different. I'm considering the Homeport Historic Inn in Saint John - anyone know of it? Any other suggestions for Inns in the Fundy area would be greatly appreciated.
Also, is Saint John as nice a city as Halifax? We stayed at an inn in Halifax about 3 years ago, and loved it. We found the city very clean, walkable (downtown), and lovely, and we don't like cities as a rule.
where to stay in Saint John for fundy exploring
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 2 Good Restaurants nearby Niagra?
- 3 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 4 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 5 Brian zucker : choosing between Toronto and Niagara falls
- 6 NB, PEI, Nova Scotia in Oct
- 7 Orange County car services for birthdays
- 8 Rockies Weather Profile for September?
- 9 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 10 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 11 gasrun.ca, ever wonder how much it costs to drive from A to B?
- 12 Halifax-PEI
- 13 PEI and Nova Scotia
- 14 4 days in Vancouver Island
- 15 Torn about our July multi-generation vacation
- 16 Montreal for work -- what to see?
- 17 Connecticut to Nova Scotia
- 18 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 19 Quebec City hotel near VIA Rail station
- 20 Need help planning travel around New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 21 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 22 Aloft or Sheraton near Montreal Airport
- 23 SIM Cards for the States and Canada
- 24 Victoria Dining
- 25 Banff and Jasper one week trip