I will be travelling with my boyfriend for his 40th birthday this Christmas.
I found a hotel I like and a good price about a 10 minute walk from the fortified walls ( on Grande Allee just outside "upper town" I believe).
The reviews of the hotel and the neighborhood are great - but I am wondering if we will be disappointed if we don't stay within the walls. Normally walking is no big deal but since it will be December......
I keep flip flopping back and forth - the hotels within the walls are all more money for less room but I want it to be special for my boyfriends birthday. He loves Christmas and all the trappings of Christmas and that was a big reason why he chose Quebec in winter!
Where to stay in Quebec City for first trip?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 iPhone in Canada
- 2 Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI and Newfoundland in 7-9 days?
- 3 how to search for owls in winter
- 4 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 5 Canada in winter
- 6 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 7 Relaxing Honeymoon
- 8 What do you think of Boston to Ottawa trip?
- 9 7 Days in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 10 Victoria Dining
- 11 Northern Lights
- 12 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 13 Are plug adaptors needed?
- 14 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 15 Fall Montreal weekend with 11-year-old daughter
- 16 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 17 Mackenzie/Prince George BC - Safety & Car info needed
- 18 The Canadian - Toronto to Vancouver by Train - Part 1
- 19 Searching for the `Northern Lights`
- 20 Looking for custom wine tour from Vernon, BC
- 21 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 22 Help us see Vancouver island
- 23 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 24 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 25 Lodging in Lake Louise