We are planning a 10-day trip in Newfoundland this summer. Our Airmiles are paying for our flight tickets (yay!), but we had to cut down our original 16-day itinerary to respect our budget.
So here is our dilemma: We can either fly into GANDER, then spend 4 days in Twillingate (we would be there during the Fish and Folk Festival), 2 or 3 days near Springdale and 2 or 3 days near Terra Nova Park, fly back from Gander.
OR, we can fly into Deer Lake, spend 4 days in Lark's Harbour, then the remaining days near Belle Bay to hike in Gros Morne.
We want to experience small town hospitality, do quite a lot of moderate hiking, and some boat tours. We are moderately fit in our early 40s.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Where to go in Newfoundland?
- 1 Moncton start, Nova Scotia and PEI in 9 days
- 2 Almost 2 days in Vancouver....help!!!
- 3 Nova Scotia ideas...
- 4 Jasper - a drive too far?
- 5 Time Management between Montreal and Quebec City
- 6 Nova Scotia in 10 days - Roundtrip from Bangor, ME
- 7 Dressing for Dinner on a BC Road Trip
- 8 Two nights in Quebec City - hotel, restaurant, activity suggestions?
- 9 New to Montreal - want to stay in Plateau area
- 10 Woody Island Resort in Newfoundland
- 11 Vancouver shopping with teens
- 12 Calgary treats
- 13 Honeymoon in Quebec City
- 14 Best way to get from Quebec City to Boston
- 15 Canadian Rockies - Burgess Shale and rafting
- 16 Hotel for Calgary Arrival?
- 17 Best nature options near Vancouver
- 18 Northern Vermont to Sault Ste Marie via Trans-Canada Highway
- 19 Montreal Race Weekend - Grand Prix F1
- 20 Recommendations needed for change of Hotel in Victoria, please.
- 21 Wine Tour - Where to stay, how long to plan for
- 22 Gros Morne accommodations
- 23 Vancouver Whale Watching
- 24 DOG SLEDDING
- 25 Route from Ns to Calgary, side trip to Niagra Falls