We are planning a 10-day trip in Newfoundland this summer. Our Airmiles are paying for our flight tickets (yay!), but we had to cut down our original 16-day itinerary to respect our budget.
So here is our dilemma: We can either fly into GANDER, then spend 4 days in Twillingate (we would be there during the Fish and Folk Festival), 2 or 3 days near Springdale and 2 or 3 days near Terra Nova Park, fly back from Gander.
OR, we can fly into Deer Lake, spend 4 days in Lark's Harbour, then the remaining days near Belle Bay to hike in Gros Morne.
We want to experience small town hospitality, do quite a lot of moderate hiking, and some boat tours. We are moderately fit in our early 40s.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Need advice
- 2 Foodie Advice for Vancouver...Please!
- 3 roadtrip kelowna and alberta
- 4 Planning a week in Canadian Rockies, need some help with itinerary !
- 5 Family vacation
- 6 Newfoundland in July
- 7 Toronto - Niagara Falls NO CAR
- 8 Jasper
- 9 Ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay
- 10 4-6 hours in Gaspe
- 11 Drive from Spokane to Yoho/Banff/Jasper
- 12 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 13 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
- 14 Van to Alaska Road Trip in 10 days
- 15 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 16 UP, Manitoulin, and Quebec Driving
- 17 Cape Breton, Nova Scotia & PEI
- 18 A month in Atlantic Canada
- 19 Calgary Stampede
- 20 My Trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 21 Fairmont Hot Springs
- 22 11 Day Road trip
- 23 Canada - 1st time
- 24 Niagra Falls, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal?
- 25 Halifax port restaurants