We are planning a 10-day trip in Newfoundland this summer. Our Airmiles are paying for our flight tickets (yay!), but we had to cut down our original 16-day itinerary to respect our budget.
So here is our dilemma: We can either fly into GANDER, then spend 4 days in Twillingate (we would be there during the Fish and Folk Festival), 2 or 3 days near Springdale and 2 or 3 days near Terra Nova Park, fly back from Gander.
OR, we can fly into Deer Lake, spend 4 days in Lark's Harbour, then the remaining days near Belle Bay to hike in Gros Morne.
We want to experience small town hospitality, do quite a lot of moderate hiking, and some boat tours. We are moderately fit in our early 40s.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Irish Loop, Newfoundland
- 2 Seattle/Vancouver Retreat
- 3 A week in Eastern Newfoundland
- 4 Road trip from Toronto to New Brunswick and back
- 5 Vancouver 2016 Trip Report
- 6 Calgary-Vancouver-Calgary 12-day road trip
- 7 a visit to st john's one of the oldest cities
- 8 Need Help for First Trip to Toronto
- 9 Maritimes Trip - First Time 2016
- 10 Transporation - Quebec City to Montreal?
- 11 How were you treated in Quebec?
- 12 ideas for a short trip near Niagara
- 13 Dog Sled, Aurora & Niagara!!
- 14 Banff / Jasper 6 days
- 15 Road Trip to Calgary
- 16 Montreal to Quebec Ciry
- 17 A Week in Nova Scotia
- 18 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
- 19 Thousand Islands - Hiking
- 20 Seattle/ONP/Vancouver/Whistler
- 21 Chicago to London, ON, Canada
- 22 Eating lobster
- 23 Two Wonderful Weeks in the Maritimes
- 24 PEI Beach rentals and local eateries
- 25 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days