We are planning a 10-day trip in Newfoundland this summer. Our Airmiles are paying for our flight tickets (yay!), but we had to cut down our original 16-day itinerary to respect our budget.
So here is our dilemma: We can either fly into GANDER, then spend 4 days in Twillingate (we would be there during the Fish and Folk Festival), 2 or 3 days near Springdale and 2 or 3 days near Terra Nova Park, fly back from Gander.
OR, we can fly into Deer Lake, spend 4 days in Lark's Harbour, then the remaining days near Belle Bay to hike in Gros Morne.
We want to experience small town hospitality, do quite a lot of moderate hiking, and some boat tours. We are moderately fit in our early 40s.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Ottawa recs?
- 2 Wildlife and Polar Bear Tours
- 3 road trip toronto to nova scotia
- 4 Must-Sees & Must-Dos in Lake Louise
- 5 7 day itinerary of Nova Scotia
- 6 Western Ontario and Manitoba Drive
- 7 limited time biking - Eastern Canada
- 8 car needed in Vancouver?
- 9 Forming itinerary--Moraine Lake to Jasper to Banff Springs this Sept.
- 10 Ideas on Newfoundland
- 11 Its vegan capsules ignite the fat loss
- 12 Underwhelmed by Montreal - any suggestions?
- 13 Biking in Eastern Canada
- 14 Granville Island
- 15 Where to Eat & Drink in Vancouver!
- 16 Good eats and car question NS
- 17 Nova Scotia vs Newfoundland
- 18 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 19 VIA Rail Ocean - Which Direction?
- 20 MUST SEE/DO VANCOUVER, BC
- 21 Road Trip to Montreal from Chicago
- 22 Trip to Banff from Glacier National Park
- 23 Marriott Chateau Champlain Vs. Le Square Phillips Hotel
- 24 Marriott Chateau Champlain beside Bell Centre
- 25 Which Marriott hotel in Montreal?