We are planning a 10-day trip in Newfoundland this summer. Our Airmiles are paying for our flight tickets (yay!), but we had to cut down our original 16-day itinerary to respect our budget.
So here is our dilemma: We can either fly into GANDER, then spend 4 days in Twillingate (we would be there during the Fish and Folk Festival), 2 or 3 days near Springdale and 2 or 3 days near Terra Nova Park, fly back from Gander.
OR, we can fly into Deer Lake, spend 4 days in Lark's Harbour, then the remaining days near Belle Bay to hike in Gros Morne.
We want to experience small town hospitality, do quite a lot of moderate hiking, and some boat tours. We are moderately fit in our early 40s.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Where to go in Newfoundland?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Help us see Vancouver island
- 2 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 3 Lodging in Lake Louise
- 4 Montreal Hop on hopoff bus
- 5 Orleans Express Montreal Station
- 6 Orange County car services for birthdays
- 7 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 8 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 9 Rockies Weather Profile for September?
- 10 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 11 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 12 17 days in Newfoundland - a good start!
- 13 Ile d'Orléans & Côte-de-Beaupré - getting around on day trips
- 14 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 15 Need help planning travel around New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 16 Stay inside Algonquin park
- 17 Montreal for work -- what to see?
- 18 Brian zucker : choosing between Toronto and Niagara falls
- 19 Buddy MacMaster RIP
- 20 NB, PEI, Nova Scotia in Oct
- 21 Quebec City - week before Christmas or New Year
- 22 Good Restaurants nearby Niagra?
- 23 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 24 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 25 gasrun.ca, ever wonder how much it costs to drive from A to B?