We are planning a 10-day trip in Newfoundland this summer. Our Airmiles are paying for our flight tickets (yay!), but we had to cut down our original 16-day itinerary to respect our budget.
So here is our dilemma: We can either fly into GANDER, then spend 4 days in Twillingate (we would be there during the Fish and Folk Festival), 2 or 3 days near Springdale and 2 or 3 days near Terra Nova Park, fly back from Gander.
OR, we can fly into Deer Lake, spend 4 days in Lark's Harbour, then the remaining days near Belle Bay to hike in Gros Morne.
We want to experience small town hospitality, do quite a lot of moderate hiking, and some boat tours. We are moderately fit in our early 40s.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Where to go in Newfoundland?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Martimes Vacation: flying from Wpg to Halifax (2 weeks)
- 2 Newfoundland and Nova Scotia in one week
- 3 Gaspe Peninsula from Quebec City
- 4 Buying a wheelchair in Toronto
- 5 Car travel from jasper to vancouver via whistler
- 6 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 7 Gulf Islands - anybody been to Galiano Island?
- 8 Montreal vs Quebec City for Canada Day
- 9 Quebec City on the Weekend of Saint Jean Baptiste Day
- 10 Questions about future trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 11 Quebec road trip excluding Montreal and Quebec City -- suggestions?
- 12 Driving from Victoria to Tofino
- 13 Victoria
- 14 Help us see Vancouver island
- 15 Newfoundland and Labrador with young children
- 16 Whistler, Jasper, Banff 13 nights, thoughts on must see/dos?
- 17 Ottawa, Montreal and Quabec in 10 days late November ?
- 18 The hotel called one king west in Toronto
- 19 NOTL weather in Sept
- 20 Calgary Banff LL Edmonton
- 21 Banff and Jasper National Parks
- 22 Visit to Nova Scotia and PEI
- 23 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 24 birthday trip
- 25 3 Days in Newfoundland