We are planning a 10-day trip in Newfoundland this summer. Our Airmiles are paying for our flight tickets (yay!), but we had to cut down our original 16-day itinerary to respect our budget.
So here is our dilemma: We can either fly into GANDER, then spend 4 days in Twillingate (we would be there during the Fish and Folk Festival), 2 or 3 days near Springdale and 2 or 3 days near Terra Nova Park, fly back from Gander.
OR, we can fly into Deer Lake, spend 4 days in Lark's Harbour, then the remaining days near Belle Bay to hike in Gros Morne.
We want to experience small town hospitality, do quite a lot of moderate hiking, and some boat tours. We are moderately fit in our early 40s.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 24 hours in Toronto
- 2 Do I need a rental car for travel to Seattle and Vancouver (Sept 2016)?
- 3 Ontario to PEI Roadtrip!
- 4 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
- 5 Vancouver 4 days
- 6 Looks for Sites in Manitoba
- 7 Trip to Tornoto
- 8 Marvellous Montreal
- 9 Cross country road trip in Déc 2016
- 10 Hotels in Montreal near McGill University
- 11 Please advice on 1.5 day itinerary in Jasper, Banff
- 12 Little over three days in Vancouver
- 13 Quebec Province & City,Montreal
- 14 One week in August British Columbia or Pacific Northwest
- 15 Gettinng around Jasper
- 16 Help Seattle Vancouver Is Whistler vs.Via Rail rockies
- 17 Nova Scotia Late Aug. are Reservations Necessary
- 18 Nova Scotia & PEI Hiking
- 19 Help - Winnipeg to vancouver roadtrip
- 20 Early 30's Couple Spending Two weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 21 Travel Tips: Backcountry Camping
- 22 Nova Scotia 10 days July Couple for Relaxation and Nature
- 23 Vancouver customs time??
- 24 Planning a trip to Winnipeg
- 25 Cell Phones in Canada