We are planning a 10-day trip in Newfoundland this summer. Our Airmiles are paying for our flight tickets (yay!), but we had to cut down our original 16-day itinerary to respect our budget.
So here is our dilemma: We can either fly into GANDER, then spend 4 days in Twillingate (we would be there during the Fish and Folk Festival), 2 or 3 days near Springdale and 2 or 3 days near Terra Nova Park, fly back from Gander.
OR, we can fly into Deer Lake, spend 4 days in Lark's Harbour, then the remaining days near Belle Bay to hike in Gros Morne.
We want to experience small town hospitality, do quite a lot of moderate hiking, and some boat tours. We are moderately fit in our early 40s.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 GET YOUR EX BACK
- 2 Need to fill in trip plans with one more destination near Vancouver
- 3 Montreal Questions
- 4 Trip report/Burlington, VT to Quebec City to Charlevoix
- 5 Rochester > Montreal > Quebec
- 6 Montreal vs Quebec City for Canada Day
- 7 Aging can now be Defeated Naturally
- 8 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 9 Embassy suite Niagara falls, how far is the walk to the casino?
- 10 Waterton National Park
- 11 Economy vs business on VIA rail?
- 12 review of hotel in Montral
- 13 How do I get from Calgary to Glacier National Park or near by?
- 14 Car rental in Victoria, BC
- 15 Restaurant with amazing view (and decent food) Whistler
- 16 Activities for Children in Vancouver
- 17 Romantic destination in Canada
- 18 Travel Guide to Quebec
- 19 Travel Guide to Quebec
- 20 Newfoundland and Labrador with young children
- 21 Vancouver
- 22 Need help planning a Nova Scotia/PEI trip
- 23 Jasper and Banff
- 24 Traveling Banff, Vancouver and Seattle
- 25 Vancouver to Tofino on Orca Air -- Connection Time Question