We are planning a 10-day trip in Newfoundland this summer. Our Airmiles are paying for our flight tickets (yay!), but we had to cut down our original 16-day itinerary to respect our budget.
So here is our dilemma: We can either fly into GANDER, then spend 4 days in Twillingate (we would be there during the Fish and Folk Festival), 2 or 3 days near Springdale and 2 or 3 days near Terra Nova Park, fly back from Gander.
OR, we can fly into Deer Lake, spend 4 days in Lark's Harbour, then the remaining days near Belle Bay to hike in Gros Morne.
We want to experience small town hospitality, do quite a lot of moderate hiking, and some boat tours. We are moderately fit in our early 40s.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Where to go in Newfoundland?
- 1 where to go for a romantic vacation in Nova Scotia.
- 2 Any Canadians driven a rental car from USA into Canada...
- 3 Canadian Rodeo in early to mid July --- somewhere near Montreal or Ontario?
- 4 Restaurants in Niagara Falls - ON side
- 5 Reservations needed for BC ferries between Tsawwassen and Swartz Bay?
- 6 Hotel Reservations
- 7 Olde Stone Inn Hotel - Niagara Falls, ON
- 8 Trip to Rockies
- 9 Vancouver sightseeing - transportation tips
- 10 Buchart Gardens - Will flowers be blooming in early September?
- 11 Parksville Or Nanaimo
- 12 Huge British Columbia roadtrip
- 13 Road Trip from Montreal to PEI to Cape Breton
- 14 Itinery: Ottawa to Newfoundland
- 15 First time trip to Montreal for senior couple (late sixties)
- 16 Nova Scotia in June
- 17 Free National Geographic Travel Map of Newfoundland
- 18 Nova Scotia in 10 days - Roundtrip from Bangor, ME
- 19 Montreal-NB-PEI by car for a 7 day trip
- 20 Calgary - Things to Do
- 21 Transportation from Toronto to Niagara Falls
- 22 Need help, can't decide
- 23 Accommodation in Kelowna area
- 24 Canadian SIM card options (in Nova Scotia)?
- 25 NIAGARA FALLS TO RAPID CITY MOST SCENIC ROUTE PLEASE