We are planning a 10-day trip in Newfoundland this summer. Our Airmiles are paying for our flight tickets (yay!), but we had to cut down our original 16-day itinerary to respect our budget.
So here is our dilemma: We can either fly into GANDER, then spend 4 days in Twillingate (we would be there during the Fish and Folk Festival), 2 or 3 days near Springdale and 2 or 3 days near Terra Nova Park, fly back from Gander.
OR, we can fly into Deer Lake, spend 4 days in Lark's Harbour, then the remaining days near Belle Bay to hike in Gros Morne.
We want to experience small town hospitality, do quite a lot of moderate hiking, and some boat tours. We are moderately fit in our early 40s.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 yarmouth,nova scotia
- 2 Ideas for extra night traveling from Canmore to Spokane
- 3 5 days in Banff and Lake Lousie
- 4 hotel in vancouver
- 5 Super Visa or Tourist Visa for parents?
- 6 Visiting Toronto 2 days
- 7 PEI/Bay of Fundy or PEI/Cape Breton in 5 nights/6 days
- 8 Rainy Lake fishing trip
- 9 Underwhelmed by Montreal - any suggestions?
- 10 Trip to Niagara Falls/Toronto/Montreal/Quebec
- 11 Forming itinerary--Moraine Lake to Jasper to Banff Springs this Sept.
- 12 NH to Nova Scotia
- 13 planning 3 weeks trip in western Canada
- 14 Banff Area In October
- 15 Quebec Restaurant Suggestions
- 16 Thoughts on a honeymoon in Quebec City
- 17 Venue for destination wedding!!
- 18 Is Prince Edward Island worth just a few hours?
- 19 Niagara Falls Advise
- 20 Ottawa recs?
- 21 Pow Wow, feating with Canadian aboriginals
- 22 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 23 Can I drive across the rocky mountains in mid-April, without snow tires?
- 24 Random Camping in Banff National Park?
- 25 identifying a statue near pier in halifax