We are planning a 10-day trip in Newfoundland this summer. Our Airmiles are paying for our flight tickets (yay!), but we had to cut down our original 16-day itinerary to respect our budget.
So here is our dilemma: We can either fly into GANDER, then spend 4 days in Twillingate (we would be there during the Fish and Folk Festival), 2 or 3 days near Springdale and 2 or 3 days near Terra Nova Park, fly back from Gander.
OR, we can fly into Deer Lake, spend 4 days in Lark's Harbour, then the remaining days near Belle Bay to hike in Gros Morne.
We want to experience small town hospitality, do quite a lot of moderate hiking, and some boat tours. We are moderately fit in our early 40s.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Where to go in Newfoundland?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Banff - Jasper weekend itinerary October
- 2 HELP revamping Nova Scotia trip due to illness
- 3 10 Day Trip to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
- 4 Weather in Quebec City end of October
- 5 sample itinerary for multi-generational family to Canadian Rockies in July
- 6 iPhone in Canada
- 7 Searching for the `Northern Lights`
- 8 Canada in winter
- 9 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 10 Mackenzie/Prince George BC - Safety & Car info needed
- 11 Is Thanksgiving too early for Whistler?
- 12 Northern Lights
- 13 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 14 Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI and Newfoundland in 7-9 days?
- 15 how to search for owls in winter
- 16 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 17 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 18 Relaxing Honeymoon
- 19 What do you think of Boston to Ottawa trip?
- 20 7 Days in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 21 Victoria Dining
- 22 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 23 Are plug adaptors needed?
- 24 Fall Montreal weekend with 11-year-old daughter
- 25 Lake Huron Circle Tour