We are planning a 10-day trip in Newfoundland this summer. Our Airmiles are paying for our flight tickets (yay!), but we had to cut down our original 16-day itinerary to respect our budget.
So here is our dilemma: We can either fly into GANDER, then spend 4 days in Twillingate (we would be there during the Fish and Folk Festival), 2 or 3 days near Springdale and 2 or 3 days near Terra Nova Park, fly back from Gander.
OR, we can fly into Deer Lake, spend 4 days in Lark's Harbour, then the remaining days near Belle Bay to hike in Gros Morne.
We want to experience small town hospitality, do quite a lot of moderate hiking, and some boat tours. We are moderately fit in our early 40s.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Accommodation in halifax
- 2 VANCOUVER RESTAURANT WITH A VIEW
- 3 Area between Montreal and Lake Champlain, VT
- 4 Itinerary help needed: Seattle, Olympic National Park,Victorian Vancouver
- 5 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 6 Montreal Quebec road trip with kids
- 7 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 8 Two week taster
- 9 Is it possible to drive to Nunavut?
- 10 Part Montreal, Part ?? 9 days
- 11 Fairmont Queen Elizabeth or Hotel Le St. James
- 12 Need help with Banff and Jasper Trip planning
- 13 Translink and itinerary questions
- 14 Driving the Cabot Trail
- 15 Montreal Restaurants
- 16 Victoria Island
- 17 Traveling with your bike
- 18 Would love to hear thoughts on Nova Scotia, NB and a dip into Maine
- 19 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 20 Bay of Fundy
- 21 Buying on Road Trip US>Canada>US
- 22 Banff/Yoho/Kootenay/Jasper Travelers Advice Please
- 23 Icebergs, Whales, Puffins and Potholes - A Newfoundland Adventure
- 24 First Hikes - Flatlanders
- 25 Banff - best route to visit these highlights