We are planning a 10-day trip in Newfoundland this summer. Our Airmiles are paying for our flight tickets (yay!), but we had to cut down our original 16-day itinerary to respect our budget.
So here is our dilemma: We can either fly into GANDER, then spend 4 days in Twillingate (we would be there during the Fish and Folk Festival), 2 or 3 days near Springdale and 2 or 3 days near Terra Nova Park, fly back from Gander.
OR, we can fly into Deer Lake, spend 4 days in Lark's Harbour, then the remaining days near Belle Bay to hike in Gros Morne.
We want to experience small town hospitality, do quite a lot of moderate hiking, and some boat tours. We are moderately fit in our early 40s.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Trip Report--Canadian Rockies
- 2 Which boat trip to take under the Falls
- 3 good lobster roll
- 4 When to Visit Canadian Rockies
- 5 Western Ontario and Manitoba Drive
- 6 Canada in Feb 2016
- 7 King City and surrounding
- 8 Georgia to Fairbanks
- 9 20 hour layover
- 10 Montreal or Toronto?
- 11 Is my itinerary the best Ontario loop?
- 12 Great Canadian Bungee: watch me jump!
- 13 One night in Calgary - accommodation suggestions please
- 14 Montreal for two days -- mini TR
- 15 VYR to Victoria Inner Harbour
- 16 montreal to Manchester leaf peeping
- 17 Vancouver/Victoria Honeymoon
- 18 cheap Toronto airport hotel
- 19 My husband cheated and I'm moving away! PEI, Newfoundland or Nova Scotia?
- 20 Barberian's Steak House, Toronto: dcguy477
- 21 YYZ - QC - NB - NS - PEI Road Trip!
- 22 Child booster seat requirement
- 23 Jasper vacation home/condo rental for 5
- 24 Visiting Toronto
- 25 which hotel in Vancouver