My wife and I are driving to Minot, ND the first week of October, coming from Kentucky. Rather than drive the shortest route through the states, I would like to take extra days and go up through Saulte Ste Marie and then around Lake Superior to Thunder Bay, then on across to Winnipeg. We'll take equipment to camp as needed and would like to make some stops to do some day hiking trails. Really want the opportunity to just enjoy some solitude of driving together and an opportunity to fill our senses with the peacefulness and beauty of nature. It would be nice to have a shower option along the way
Am not finding much information about that part of the world so would appreciate any comments from those who are familiar with it. Any particularly beautiful areas to stop and hike? Any areas to avoid? We could cross over into Saskatchewan before heading south if it's really worth the extra time. Is the first week in October going to be COLD? Any highway suggestions - the obvious or alternate routes? Will fall foliage already have peaked? Aspens anywhere?
Thank you for any other thoughts or suggestions ...
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.southafricasupplement.co.za/rapiture-muscle-builder/
- 2 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 3 May2018 Banff accomodations
- 4 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 5 Saguenay & Sydney...Anything to See/Do?
- 6 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 7 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 8 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 9 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 10 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 11 going to banff/jasper in may 2018
- 12 BC or Alberta drives
- 13 Torino in february
- 14 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 15 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 16 Canadian Thanksgiving Long Weekend Roadtrip Ideas
- 17 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 18 Skiing in Whistler
- 19 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 20 lodging in whistler
- 21 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 22 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 23 My Family Travle Vlog
- 24 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 25 Nova Scotia: Fort Louisbourg?