My wife and I are driving to Minot, ND the first week of October, coming from Kentucky. Rather than drive the shortest route through the states, I would like to take extra days and go up through Saulte Ste Marie and then around Lake Superior to Thunder Bay, then on across to Winnipeg. We'll take equipment to camp as needed and would like to make some stops to do some day hiking trails. Really want the opportunity to just enjoy some solitude of driving together and an opportunity to fill our senses with the peacefulness and beauty of nature. It would be nice to have a shower option along the way
Am not finding much information about that part of the world so would appreciate any comments from those who are familiar with it. Any particularly beautiful areas to stop and hike? Any areas to avoid? We could cross over into Saskatchewan before heading south if it's really worth the extra time. Is the first week in October going to be COLD? Any highway suggestions - the obvious or alternate routes? Will fall foliage already have peaked? Aspens anywhere?
Thank you for any other thoughts or suggestions ...
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 9 Day Photography trip to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland
- 2 Driving around Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Alberta and BC
- 3 Where to eat in Vancouver and Sidney
- 4 vancouver to jasper and banff in 9 days
- 5 Solo Trip to BC in August
- 6 princess cruise to new england and canada
- 7 Summer Day Trips From Toronto
- 8 Newfoundland and Labrador with Two Nights in St. Pierre and Miquelon
- 9 Trip to Montreal with Daughters
- 10 Traveling with your bike
- 11 Driving from Vancouver to Anchorage
- 12 New Jersey to Quebec City
- 13 one week trip to Nova Scotia
- 14 Alberta Trip_2017
- 15 Day Trip from Niagara Falls, NY
- 16 4 Day Photography trip to Quebec during July 4th
- 17 Vancouver to Calgary - advice on itinerary and what to reserve first
- 18 Driving round trip from Vancouver to Calgary
- 19 Best Urban N American Cycling: Ottawa?
- 20 Baseball
- 21 Vermont to Montreal for 2 days?
- 22 Another trip to bicycling heaven.
- 23 Transportation from airport for 7
- 24 calgary to vancover 10days
- 25 Itinerary in the Rockies