My wife and I are driving to Minot, ND the first week of October, coming from Kentucky. Rather than drive the shortest route through the states, I would like to take extra days and go up through Saulte Ste Marie and then around Lake Superior to Thunder Bay, then on across to Winnipeg. We'll take equipment to camp as needed and would like to make some stops to do some day hiking trails. Really want the opportunity to just enjoy some solitude of driving together and an opportunity to fill our senses with the peacefulness and beauty of nature. It would be nice to have a shower option along the way
Am not finding much information about that part of the world so would appreciate any comments from those who are familiar with it. Any particularly beautiful areas to stop and hike? Any areas to avoid? We could cross over into Saskatchewan before heading south if it's really worth the extra time. Is the first week in October going to be COLD? Any highway suggestions - the obvious or alternate routes? Will fall foliage already have peaked? Aspens anywhere?
Thank you for any other thoughts or suggestions ...
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Escorts in Dubai+971501006403
- 2 performance athletes require a
- 3 Vancouver/Seattle Trip
- 4 Newfoundland in early June
- 5 HELP: Winnipeg to Grand Forks,ND
- 6 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 7 Toronto to N.F. to Buffalo without a car. Need help.
- 8 Tweak itinerary for Canadian Rockies
- 9 Nova Scotia in July
- 10 Cape Breton in early June
- 11 Magdalen Islands in early June
- 12 Magdalen Islands
- 13 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 14 How to break the drive from Montreal to Niagara falls?
- 15 Is it too late to plan Banff & Jasper for this July?
- 16 Passport question for Int flight
- 17 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days
- 18 Itinerary for 10 day Maritime trip
- 19 Icefields Parkway
- 20 3 Nights in Cape Breton
- 21 Parking in Niagara & Toronto
- 22 Itinerary Needed for Pacific NW, Canadian Rockies & Vancouver
- 23 Driving From Vancouver to Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise all over
- 24 Canadian Rockies (Banff, Yoho, Jasper) in July
- 25 Victoria, Canada