My wife and I are driving to Minot, ND the first week of October, coming from Kentucky. Rather than drive the shortest route through the states, I would like to take extra days and go up through Saulte Ste Marie and then around Lake Superior to Thunder Bay, then on across to Winnipeg. We'll take equipment to camp as needed and would like to make some stops to do some day hiking trails. Really want the opportunity to just enjoy some solitude of driving together and an opportunity to fill our senses with the peacefulness and beauty of nature. It would be nice to have a shower option along the way
Am not finding much information about that part of the world so would appreciate any comments from those who are familiar with it. Any particularly beautiful areas to stop and hike? Any areas to avoid? We could cross over into Saskatchewan before heading south if it's really worth the extra time. Is the first week in October going to be COLD? Any highway suggestions - the obvious or alternate routes? Will fall foliage already have peaked? Aspens anywhere?
Thank you for any other thoughts or suggestions ...
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.usaonlineshop.org/skin-opulent/
- 2 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 3 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 4 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 5 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 6 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 7 9 day Itinerary Banff Lake Louise Jasper
- 8 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 9 Detroit to Windsor must do's
- 10 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 11 Temporary residency in Canada
- 12 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 13 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 14 water filtration
- 15 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 16 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 17 Western Canada in August
- 18 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 19 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 20 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 21 Jasper with two elderly
- 22 Dempster highway in early September
- 23 jasper
- 24 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 25 Toronto-afternoon tea