I and my girlfriend are planning a trip to Western Canada in July for 3 weeks. We are renting a car, love landscape photography and hiking.
Could you please check my itinerary if it makes a sense to you? Something you would change in the itinerary? Do you have any tips what else to see or on contrary what to skip?
Many thanks for your help in advance!
5.7.2017 ARRIVAL TO VANCOUVER 22:00
6.7.2017 Vancouver sighseeing in the city
7.7.2017 Vancouver - - Kamloops? - Clearwater 4 h 41 min (478 km) – Wells Grey National Park 12 min (7.8 km) - Mount Robson 2 h 29 min (239 km) AM: car hire and travel PM: Kinney lake hike (2,5 h)
8.7.2017 Jasper NP - Pyramid Lake 1 h 11 min (92.9 km) - Athabasca Falls 35 min (37.4 km) AM:Cottonwood Creek/Pyramid Lake Loop (2h) PM: Cavell Meadows hike (3h) Lake Edith and Lake Annette; Miette Hot Springs
9.7.2017 Jasper NP (by car) Medicine Lake - Maligne Lake Parking -> Skyline Trail (20 km)
10.7.2017 Jasper NP Skyline Trail (24 km) -shuttle back to Parking / Dock area, boat cruise?
11.7.2017 Icefields parkway / Wilcox Pass 2 h (152 km) Goats and Glaciers Viewpoint; Athabasca falls?
Sunwapta Falls (1km) - priority:1; Tangle Falls; PM: Columbia Icefied - 13:30- 16:30 Athabasca glacier tour
Wilcox Pass (4km one way; 2h r.) - priority:1; Parker ridge (2,4km one way, 1h r.) - priority:1*
12.7.2017 Banff NP: Peyto Lake 1 h 13 min (80 km) Chephren Lake (3,5 km; 2 h r.); Peyto Lake lookout (1,4km); Peyto glacier viewpoint (3km) - priority:1; Bow Glacier Falls (4,3km one way; 2h r.); Crowfoot Glacier Viewpoint
13.7.2017 Yoho NP - town Field 44 min (59.7 km) / Golden 1 h 21 min (121 km)/ Rafting 8:45-14:00 or 14:00 – 18:30 (pref); Spiral Tunnels, Emerald lake, Lake O'Hara, Lake Oesa, Twin Falls,
14.7.2017 Banff NP - lake Lousie & Moraine 21 min (26.5 km) *AM: Larch Valley /Sentinel Pass hike (4h) OR Eiffel Lakes and Wenkchemna Pass; PM: Moraine Lake, chillout
15.7.2017 Banff NP - town Banff 36 min (56.6 km) AM: Mount Norquay - via ferrata tour: 8:30 - 12:30
PM: Corry Pass / Edith Pass trail (4h) /Johnston Canyon trail (1,5h),
16.7.2017 Banff / Kootenay NP - Mount Shark Helipad 1 h 26 min (67.8 km) AM: Two Jack Lake, chillout
PM: helicopter 12:00 to Assiniboine lodge
17.7.2017 Kootenay NP-Calgary 1 h 43 min (164 km) Wonder pass trail (26km; 9h)
18.7.2017 Calgary sighseeing in the city
19.7.2017 Calgary - Waterton Lakes NP - Waterton town 2 h 48 min (272 km) AM: Calgary
PM: Crandell Lake MTB?, chillout, Bertha falls?
20.7.2017 Glacier NP ("Logan Pass") 1 h 6 min (72.7 km) The Highline Loop - Swiftcurrent Pass hike (25km; 6,5h)
21.7.2017 Glacier NP via Grinell lake back to the Logan Pass (24 km; 6h)
22.7.2017 Spokane 5 h 26 min (489 km) - Winthrop 3 h 29 min (295 km) Grand Coulee Dam, Highway 20, North Casacades NP
23.7.2017 North Cascades National Park 1 h 34 min (118 km) - (? Seattle2 h 19 min (188 km)) Diablo Lake Overlook; Cascade Pass hike (4h)
24.7.2017 Seattle 2 h 19 min (188 km) sighseeing in the city
25.7.2017 Seattle - Mt. Rainier (2h) Mt. Rainier / sighseeing in the city
26.7.2017 Vancouver 2 h 34 min (229 km) sighseeing in the city
27.7.2017 DEPARTURE FROM VANCOUVER 8:30
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 KODAK printer 18OO:681:7208 installation C0NTACT KODAK Tec*h
- 2 Quebec City/Montreal for Christmas
- 3 I'm new here
- 4 J-n-K Services, Inc.
- 5 May2018 Banff accomodations
- 6 romantic dinner in Montreal suggestions
- 7 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 8 Vancouver Island in Winter
- 9 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 10 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 11 Saguenay & Sydney...Anything to See/Do?
- 12 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 13 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 14 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 15 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 16 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 17 going to banff/jasper in may 2018
- 18 BC or Alberta drives
- 19 Torino in february
- 20 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 21 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 22 Canadian Thanksgiving Long Weekend Roadtrip Ideas
- 23 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 24 Skiing in Whistler
- 25 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies