My elderly mother (89 years old) and I will be flying from DC, to Burlington, VT, renting a car, and driving to Quebec for the Winter Carnival. I have some questions. Is it relatively flat between Burlington & Quebec? (I’ll also post this in the VT forum.) We’re staying at the Marriott near the St. Jean gate. While they have parking, could anyone tell me of a parking garage that might be less expensive? (I think that the parking is $17 per day at the hotel, but I’m not sure.) The car will be left there for most of the time, but we might take it out to get to the ice hotel. She has a handicap decal that hangs from the rearview mirror. Can that be used in Canada? Other than the boat on the St. Lawrence, is there any other warm place where she can sit and watch part of the canoe race? (Maybe a restaurant or something like that.) Is there a restaurant or hotel that serves a nice tea this time of the year? Are there any driving rules that may be specific to Canada that I should be aware of? Thank you.
VT to Quebec Drive, Handicap, and Carnival Questions
- 1 Calgary - Things to Do
- 2 Two weeks in Quebec with kids.
- 3 Canadian Rodeo in early to mid July --- somewhere near Montreal or Ontario?
- 4 Preclearing US customs in Canada
- 5 Vancouver + Vancouver Island August Trip
- 6 Need help, can't decide
- 7 Hike/Trail recommendations in Banff?
- 8 Parksville Or Nanaimo
- 9 NIAGARA FALLS TO RAPID CITY MOST SCENIC ROUTE PLEASE
- 10 Info about Visiting Yoho's Lake O'Hara, please!
- 11 Transportation from Toronto to Niagara Falls
- 12 Reservations needed for BC ferries between Tsawwassen and Swartz Bay?
- 13 2 weeks in vancouver with small baby
- 14 How similar are the Tofino area of B.C. and the San Juan Islands of WA state?
- 15 help! quebec city with a toddler.
- 16 Sidney, Pender, Galiano, Saturna - best route?
- 17 Brier Island versus Digby (or Annapolis Royal)
- 18 Road Trip from Montreal to PEI to Cape Breton
- 19 Hotel or B and B in Halifax
- 20 chartered power boat trip for family of 5 from Vancouver Island
- 21 Having difficulty finding lodging in Tofino
- 22 13 nights; 12 days in British Columbia - need itinerary
- 23 train travel
- 24 Montreal Hotel for First Time Visitors
- 25 Rental Car Canada and MT