My elderly mother (89 years old) and I will be flying from DC, to Burlington, VT, renting a car, and driving to Quebec for the Winter Carnival. I have some questions. Is it relatively flat between Burlington & Quebec? (I’ll also post this in the VT forum.) We’re staying at the Marriott near the St. Jean gate. While they have parking, could anyone tell me of a parking garage that might be less expensive? (I think that the parking is $17 per day at the hotel, but I’m not sure.) The car will be left there for most of the time, but we might take it out to get to the ice hotel. She has a handicap decal that hangs from the rearview mirror. Can that be used in Canada? Other than the boat on the St. Lawrence, is there any other warm place where she can sit and watch part of the canoe race? (Maybe a restaurant or something like that.) Is there a restaurant or hotel that serves a nice tea this time of the year? Are there any driving rules that may be specific to Canada that I should be aware of? Thank you.
VT to Quebec Drive, Handicap, and Carnival Questions
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 season greetings
- 2 Taxi Stand near Saint Jean Baptiste in Montreal
- 3 Confused about VIA rail options - upper berth, cabin?
- 4 December activities for kids in downtown Toronto?
- 5 Toronto: where to stay?
- 6 Alberta????
- 7 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 8 moving from Saskatchewan - choices
- 9 Ottawa and Montreal New Years
- 10 Wifi rental
- 11 Your favorite travel web sites?
- 12 Short term lodging
- 13 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 14 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 15 Vancouver island or Northern West
- 16 Vancouver top restaurant
- 17 Montreal Entertainment
- 18 Heli skiing in March
- 19 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 20 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 21 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 22 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 23 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 24 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 25 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise