My elderly mother (89 years old) and I will be flying from DC, to Burlington, VT, renting a car, and driving to Quebec for the Winter Carnival. I have some questions. Is it relatively flat between Burlington & Quebec? (I’ll also post this in the VT forum.) We’re staying at the Marriott near the St. Jean gate. While they have parking, could anyone tell me of a parking garage that might be less expensive? (I think that the parking is $17 per day at the hotel, but I’m not sure.) The car will be left there for most of the time, but we might take it out to get to the ice hotel. She has a handicap decal that hangs from the rearview mirror. Can that be used in Canada? Other than the boat on the St. Lawrence, is there any other warm place where she can sit and watch part of the canoe race? (Maybe a restaurant or something like that.) Is there a restaurant or hotel that serves a nice tea this time of the year? Are there any driving rules that may be specific to Canada that I should be aware of? Thank you.
VT to Quebec Drive, Handicap, and Carnival Questions
View all Canada activity »
- 1 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 2 Recommended language schools in Montreal or Quebec City?
- 3 Christmas Eve Dinner in Quebec City with kids
- 4 alberta is experiencing a big storm dec 2
- 5 Looking for suggestions: Banff activities for 7-year old
- 6 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 7 Ucluelet or Tofino
- 8 Banff/Canmore, Lake Louise (Field?) and Jasper in July
- 9 Golden, British Columbia
- 10 Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver - May/June 14
- 11 Northern Lights at Banff National Park in Winter?
- 12 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 13 Best time of year and place for salmon fishing
- 14 tofino kayaking and fishing
- 15 Hiking Crypt Lake in May
- 16 Trip to Maritime Provinces
- 17 HELP ! Where to move in Vancouver?
- 18 Which area to live in Kelowna? Help please.
- 19 America by Rail
- 20 trip - Calgary, Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise -- where to stay?
- 21 Travel partner to Banff AB
- 22 Canadians with second home in Phoenix -- gift ideas?
- 23 Best SIM card for use in Canada - mainly for data
- 24 Information needed
- 25 Reliable Taxis in Vancouver