My elderly mother (89 years old) and I will be flying from DC, to Burlington, VT, renting a car, and driving to Quebec for the Winter Carnival. I have some questions. Is it relatively flat between Burlington & Quebec? (I’ll also post this in the VT forum.) We’re staying at the Marriott near the St. Jean gate. While they have parking, could anyone tell me of a parking garage that might be less expensive? (I think that the parking is $17 per day at the hotel, but I’m not sure.) The car will be left there for most of the time, but we might take it out to get to the ice hotel. She has a handicap decal that hangs from the rearview mirror. Can that be used in Canada? Other than the boat on the St. Lawrence, is there any other warm place where she can sit and watch part of the canoe race? (Maybe a restaurant or something like that.) Is there a restaurant or hotel that serves a nice tea this time of the year? Are there any driving rules that may be specific to Canada that I should be aware of? Thank you.
VT to Quebec Drive, Handicap, and Carnival Questions
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 1st time traveler through Canada in April
- 2 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 3 Rockies trip in June.
- 4 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 5 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 6 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 7 Need tips for this trip
- 8 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 9 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 10 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 11 North Vancouver Island
- 12 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 13 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 14 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 15 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 16 Newfoundland questions
- 17 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 18 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 19 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 20 Itinerary help
- 21 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 22 Montreal/Toronto
- 23 Gros Morne hiking
- 24 Victoria for 2 days
- 25 Early Summer Banff/Lake Louise/Field