I'm starting this thread as a trip report about my recent trip to British Columbia. I traveled to Creston Valley on a business related trip, and though weather was pretty tough by my standards (I'm from Florida) I enjoyed my trip very much and would like to share my experiences.
I booked my flight through the company travel agent and my accommodation through innstant.com. Innstant.com is a great site: they offer the widest selection of hotels in the Creston Valley area than anywhere else I found AND they have the lowest rates. I travel a lot, and I believe that many travel experiences are accommodation related and always try to emphasize this aspect of my planning.
I flew into Spokane, WA and was driven into Canada by my hosts. Let me tell you, it was SNOWING! This is the cheapest way to get to central/western BC (you have a ride, of course).
The countryside in BC is simply stunning, and I spent a great deal of my visit staring dumbfounded out of car windows. I would, however, time my next visit differently (summer).
I spent a couple of days in Cresten (the town) and it is charming. I especially remember fondly the "Break in Time" cafe, whose homey atmosphere and internet service are so important on a cold winter morning.
Nelson was beautiful, too. Great country, really.
The Ainsworth Hot Springs were somewhat of a disappointment - too many people and I didn't feel comfortable. I'd skip that part next time.
In conclusion, I spent about a week in Creston Valley and I highly recommend it for trips of any type. It is truly God's country and folk are hospitable - what else is there?
I will definitely return again.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 2 온라인바다이야기 ▶ 도메인 :≫vvn67.com≪
- 3 http://www.ifirmationeyeserumblog.com/pantothen-de/
- 4 Hotel near Stanley Parc
- 5 Ocean Odyssey: Vancouver Island (and Vancouver)
- 6 Canada's 150th anniversary in the Maritimes
- 7 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 8 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 9 Best Way
- 10 Itinerary feedback, please
- 11 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 12 Need Help!! 1 week itinerary vancouver, whistler & islands
- 13 Montreal and Quebec City in August
- 14 9 hour layover in Montreal, what to do?
- 15 Bay of Fundy
- 16 Toronto 2 nights from Buffalo
- 17 Best way to do Vancouver to Calgary as a group
- 18 First trip to Vancouver
- 19 40th birthday party ideas in canada, May 5th 2017
- 20 Portland/Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver Honeymoon
- 21 Alberta Trip_2017
- 22 Vancouver with toddlers - getting around
- 23 Banff - Day Tours + Eateries
- 24 Best Way to travel from Calgary to Banff and back again
- 25 Calgary Stampede virgin