I'm starting this thread as a trip report about my recent trip to British Columbia. I traveled to Creston Valley on a business related trip, and though weather was pretty tough by my standards (I'm from Florida) I enjoyed my trip very much and would like to share my experiences.
I booked my flight through the company travel agent and my accommodation through innstant.com. Innstant.com is a great site: they offer the widest selection of hotels in the Creston Valley area than anywhere else I found AND they have the lowest rates. I travel a lot, and I believe that many travel experiences are accommodation related and always try to emphasize this aspect of my planning.
I flew into Spokane, WA and was driven into Canada by my hosts. Let me tell you, it was SNOWING! This is the cheapest way to get to central/western BC (you have a ride, of course).
The countryside in BC is simply stunning, and I spent a great deal of my visit staring dumbfounded out of car windows. I would, however, time my next visit differently (summer).
I spent a couple of days in Cresten (the town) and it is charming. I especially remember fondly the "Break in Time" cafe, whose homey atmosphere and internet service are so important on a cold winter morning.
Nelson was beautiful, too. Great country, really.
The Ainsworth Hot Springs were somewhat of a disappointment - too many people and I didn't feel comfortable. I'd skip that part next time.
In conclusion, I spent about a week in Creston Valley and I highly recommend it for trips of any type. It is truly God's country and folk are hospitable - what else is there?
I will definitely return again.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Early 30's Couple Spending Two weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 2 Preliminary Newfoundland Itinerary
- 3 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 4 Newfoundland Itinerary help
- 5 Places about 40 minutes from Toronto
- 6 Itinerary Help - Vancouver Area
- 7 Long Weekend Toronto
- 8 Cape Breton Island in second half of May
- 9 Vancouver transportation from Port to Airport
- 10 Vancouver Island in 8 day
- 11 1 Night between Charlotteown & Halifax
- 12 Help planning trip to Calgary/Lake Louise
- 13 roadtrip from Niagara Falls ON to east coast
- 14 Newfoundland Trip Ideas - August
- 15 My Trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 16 My first trip to Toronto
- 17 Apartments in Montreal and Quebec
- 18 where to stay in Prince Edward Island
- 19 Shuttle service from YYZ
- 20 East Coast Road trip from Ottawa to NB, PEI, NS (14 days door-to-door)
- 21 Visa required in Victoria for 6 hour cruise ship stop?
- 22 Cross border rental
- 23 Day or Weekend trips from Toronto
- 24 East Coast this July.
- 25 Need help planning a trip from East Coast to Montreal