I'm starting this thread as a trip report about my recent trip to British Columbia. I traveled to Creston Valley on a business related trip, and though weather was pretty tough by my standards (I'm from Florida) I enjoyed my trip very much and would like to share my experiences.
I booked my flight through the company travel agent and my accommodation through innstant.com. Innstant.com is a great site: they offer the widest selection of hotels in the Creston Valley area than anywhere else I found AND they have the lowest rates. I travel a lot, and I believe that many travel experiences are accommodation related and always try to emphasize this aspect of my planning.
I flew into Spokane, WA and was driven into Canada by my hosts. Let me tell you, it was SNOWING! This is the cheapest way to get to central/western BC (you have a ride, of course).
The countryside in BC is simply stunning, and I spent a great deal of my visit staring dumbfounded out of car windows. I would, however, time my next visit differently (summer).
I spent a couple of days in Cresten (the town) and it is charming. I especially remember fondly the "Break in Time" cafe, whose homey atmosphere and internet service are so important on a cold winter morning.
Nelson was beautiful, too. Great country, really.
The Ainsworth Hot Springs were somewhat of a disappointment - too many people and I didn't feel comfortable. I'd skip that part next time.
In conclusion, I spent about a week in Creston Valley and I highly recommend it for trips of any type. It is truly God's country and folk are hospitable - what else is there?
I will definitely return again.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Banff in October
- 2 Vancouver First Timer - What to do, see?
- 3 Toronto or Quebec City?
- 4 Niagara Falls in Oct
- 5 quebec city and wine route
- 6 Montreal, Quebec City and Vermont
- 7 A week in Eastern Newfoundland
- 8 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 9 Vancouver hotel question
- 10 Please help with BC itinerary
- 11 Gypsy Guide to Driving the Icefield Parkway
- 12 Feedback on itinerary - Mid October Banff/Lake Louise/jasper
- 13 Victoria?
- 14 Fishing Canada. Opinions and Rec's much needed.
- 15 Nova Scotia vs Newfoundland
- 16 Calgary
- 17 Calgary-Banff-Lake Louise-Jasper - Edmonton
- 18 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.
- 19 Cape Breton Trip
- 20 Fall foliage trip -Quebec vs New England
- 21 Toronto - Niagara transportation
- 22 how long will it take to clear customs in FCO airport italy
- 23 Marvellous Montreal
- 24 Propane coolers
- 25 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?