I'm starting this thread as a trip report about my recent trip to British Columbia. I traveled to Creston Valley on a business related trip, and though weather was pretty tough by my standards (I'm from Florida) I enjoyed my trip very much and would like to share my experiences.
I booked my flight through the company travel agent and my accommodation through innstant.com. Innstant.com is a great site: they offer the widest selection of hotels in the Creston Valley area than anywhere else I found AND they have the lowest rates. I travel a lot, and I believe that many travel experiences are accommodation related and always try to emphasize this aspect of my planning.
I flew into Spokane, WA and was driven into Canada by my hosts. Let me tell you, it was SNOWING! This is the cheapest way to get to central/western BC (you have a ride, of course).
The countryside in BC is simply stunning, and I spent a great deal of my visit staring dumbfounded out of car windows. I would, however, time my next visit differently (summer).
I spent a couple of days in Cresten (the town) and it is charming. I especially remember fondly the "Break in Time" cafe, whose homey atmosphere and internet service are so important on a cold winter morning.
Nelson was beautiful, too. Great country, really.
The Ainsworth Hot Springs were somewhat of a disappointment - too many people and I didn't feel comfortable. I'd skip that part next time.
In conclusion, I spent about a week in Creston Valley and I highly recommend it for trips of any type. It is truly God's country and folk are hospitable - what else is there?
I will definitely return again.
Visit to Creston Valley
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 2 Does the Easter Bunny visit Canada?
- 3 NYC to Montreal by train
- 4 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 5 Camping in Canada: sleeping with bears
- 6 Tent trailer camping tips? Ontario to Nanaimo (Summer 2014) with 2 kids
- 7 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 8 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 9 Any reviews of Wildland Tours?
- 10 Where to stay in Banff?
- 11 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 12 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 13 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 14 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 15 Transport of cremated remains
- 16 Rockies trip in June.
- 17 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 18 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 19 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 20 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 21 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 22 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 23 7 Days in Newfoundland
- 24 boarder crossing question
- 25 Best Areas to Stay in Montreal