I'm starting this thread as a trip report about my recent trip to British Columbia. I traveled to Creston Valley on a business related trip, and though weather was pretty tough by my standards (I'm from Florida) I enjoyed my trip very much and would like to share my experiences.
I booked my flight through the company travel agent and my accommodation through innstant.com. Innstant.com is a great site: they offer the widest selection of hotels in the Creston Valley area than anywhere else I found AND they have the lowest rates. I travel a lot, and I believe that many travel experiences are accommodation related and always try to emphasize this aspect of my planning.
I flew into Spokane, WA and was driven into Canada by my hosts. Let me tell you, it was SNOWING! This is the cheapest way to get to central/western BC (you have a ride, of course).
The countryside in BC is simply stunning, and I spent a great deal of my visit staring dumbfounded out of car windows. I would, however, time my next visit differently (summer).
I spent a couple of days in Cresten (the town) and it is charming. I especially remember fondly the "Break in Time" cafe, whose homey atmosphere and internet service are so important on a cold winter morning.
Nelson was beautiful, too. Great country, really.
The Ainsworth Hot Springs were somewhat of a disappointment - too many people and I didn't feel comfortable. I'd skip that part next time.
In conclusion, I spent about a week in Creston Valley and I highly recommend it for trips of any type. It is truly God's country and folk are hospitable - what else is there?
I will definitely return again.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://getmysupplement.com/peruvian-brew/
- 2 6 hr Montreal Layover
- 3 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 4 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 5 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 6 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 7 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 8 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 9 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 10 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 11 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 12 Quebec to yarmouth
- 13 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 14 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 15 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 16 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 17 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 18 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 19 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 20 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 21 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 22 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 23 Pearson Airport logistics
- 24 Based in PEI, visit to NS or NB?
- 25 Columbia Icefields Parkway