I'm starting this thread as a trip report about my recent trip to British Columbia. I traveled to Creston Valley on a business related trip, and though weather was pretty tough by my standards (I'm from Florida) I enjoyed my trip very much and would like to share my experiences.
I booked my flight through the company travel agent and my accommodation through innstant.com. Innstant.com is a great site: they offer the widest selection of hotels in the Creston Valley area than anywhere else I found AND they have the lowest rates. I travel a lot, and I believe that many travel experiences are accommodation related and always try to emphasize this aspect of my planning.
I flew into Spokane, WA and was driven into Canada by my hosts. Let me tell you, it was SNOWING! This is the cheapest way to get to central/western BC (you have a ride, of course).
The countryside in BC is simply stunning, and I spent a great deal of my visit staring dumbfounded out of car windows. I would, however, time my next visit differently (summer).
I spent a couple of days in Cresten (the town) and it is charming. I especially remember fondly the "Break in Time" cafe, whose homey atmosphere and internet service are so important on a cold winter morning.
Nelson was beautiful, too. Great country, really.
The Ainsworth Hot Springs were somewhat of a disappointment - too many people and I didn't feel comfortable. I'd skip that part next time.
In conclusion, I spent about a week in Creston Valley and I highly recommend it for trips of any type. It is truly God's country and folk are hospitable - what else is there?
I will definitely return again.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 파워볼사다리 ※연결 : pwn21.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Ottawa transportation question
- 3 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 4 Trip to Montreal with Daughters
- 5 BC road trip advice
- 6 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 7 Christmas vacation in Montreal
- 8 vancouver to jasper and banff in 9 days
- 9 9 Day Photography trip to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland
- 10 Driving around Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Alberta and BC
- 11 Where to eat in Vancouver and Sidney
- 12 Solo Trip to BC in August
- 13 princess cruise to new england and canada
- 14 Summer Day Trips From Toronto
- 15 Newfoundland and Labrador with Two Nights in St. Pierre and Miquelon
- 16 Traveling with your bike
- 17 Driving from Vancouver to Anchorage
- 18 New Jersey to Quebec City
- 19 one week trip to Nova Scotia
- 20 Alberta Trip_2017
- 21 Day Trip from Niagara Falls, NY
- 22 4 Day Photography trip to Quebec during July 4th
- 23 Vancouver to Calgary - advice on itinerary and what to reserve first
- 24 Driving round trip from Vancouver to Calgary
- 25 Best Urban N American Cycling: Ottawa?