I'm starting this thread as a trip report about my recent trip to British Columbia. I traveled to Creston Valley on a business related trip, and though weather was pretty tough by my standards (I'm from Florida) I enjoyed my trip very much and would like to share my experiences.
I booked my flight through the company travel agent and my accommodation through innstant.com. Innstant.com is a great site: they offer the widest selection of hotels in the Creston Valley area than anywhere else I found AND they have the lowest rates. I travel a lot, and I believe that many travel experiences are accommodation related and always try to emphasize this aspect of my planning.
I flew into Spokane, WA and was driven into Canada by my hosts. Let me tell you, it was SNOWING! This is the cheapest way to get to central/western BC (you have a ride, of course).
The countryside in BC is simply stunning, and I spent a great deal of my visit staring dumbfounded out of car windows. I would, however, time my next visit differently (summer).
I spent a couple of days in Cresten (the town) and it is charming. I especially remember fondly the "Break in Time" cafe, whose homey atmosphere and internet service are so important on a cold winter morning.
Nelson was beautiful, too. Great country, really.
The Ainsworth Hot Springs were somewhat of a disappointment - too many people and I didn't feel comfortable. I'd skip that part next time.
In conclusion, I spent about a week in Creston Valley and I highly recommend it for trips of any type. It is truly God's country and folk are hospitable - what else is there?
I will definitely return again.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Bus Tour of Quebec City,NO Walking
- 2 Chicago to London, ON, Canada
- 3 Maritimes Trip - First Time 2016
- 4 From Vancouver to Anchorage
- 5 Traveling with ashes
- 6 Wheelchair in NOL, Toronto & Kingston
- 7 Vancouver 3 days
- 8 American in Canada - Do you carry your passport?
- 9 Vancouver without a Car
- 10 Whistler
- 11 Montreal and Quebec City with Kids
- 12 Trip Between New York City and Toronto
- 13 Intro
- 14 5 day itinerary for Vancouver
- 15 First time & 5 days in Vancouver (trip report)
- 16 Victoria, BC weekend help
- 17 Road trip from Ithaca (NY) to Montreal/Quebec City?
- 18 14 days self-drive Niagara north
- 19 Vancouver, Vancouver Island & Rockies road trip - HELP NEEDED
- 20 Need help in rain!
- 21 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days
- 22 Rv Campground trip
- 23 Weather September/October
- 24 driving from Richmond Hill, Onatio to Winnipeg, MB
- 25 First Time Trip