My husband and I are taking this trip from July 27th to Aug 4th. This will be our first trip to the West Coast and we are really thrilled. We both love nature. The idea of mountains and ocean is so exhilarating that I am getting goose bumps while posting this. We would love to explore the mountain vistas, beaches, national/provincial parks, and basically anything that shouts nature.
We don’t really plan to rent a car for most of our stay so public transit would be mode of commute, with that said I do know that if we want to explore the trails and beaches, we will need a car. Thoughts??
The plan is to arrive in Vancouver and head straight to Victoria for 3 days(we are staying at a place close to Inner Harbour); we plan to go to Butchart gardens. What other places can we visit there or activities that we shouldn’t miss…?? Are 3 days enough on the Island ?
We head back to Vancouver on the 30th (staying in the Dunbar Southlands neighbourhood) and spend the rest of the time there before flying out on the 4th. Have heard and read a lot about Whistler especially the drive between Vancouver and Whistler so we plan to rent a car for that day and make a trip to Whistler. Other places that we are thinking of visiting are Stanley Park, Suspension Bridge, Grouse Mountain…. ? We want to cover as much but at the same time enjoy and not make it a stressful vacation….
Here is our prospective Itinerary: Would love your help
Day 1: Arrive in Vancouver and head straight to Victoria and spend rest of the day touring Victoria
Day 2: Visit Butchart Gardens (Can we cover other places that day or will that be too tight?)
Day 3: Visit Tofino (Will that be too hectic, how long is the drive?)
Day 4-First Half: Spend first half of the day touring Inner Harbour before taking the ferry back to Vancouver (Visit where?)
Day 4-Second Half: Explore the neighbourhood (Dunbar Southlands) before calling it a day
Day 5: Tour Vancouver (Stanley Park, Suspension bridge – Are the distances too far to travel by public transit, any suggestions in regards to shuffling the places so that less time is spent commuting)
Day 6: Visit Whistler
Day 7: Tour Vancouver (Chinatown, downtown Vancouver, Grouse Mountain, are these in the opposite directions …ideas? )
Day 8: Visit North Vancouver (Is it central to the trip or skipping it would be okay, where else can we go?)
Day 9: Tour Vancouver before taking the flight out at 5 pm (where can we go?)
Appreciate your ideas and inputs.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.ineedmotivations.com/how-does-honey-help-acne/
- 2 BrITISH COLUMBIA IN 4 DAYS
- 3 Honeymoon in Canada. SUGGESTIONS?
- 4 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 5 need accommodation suggestions for Banff and Jasper
- 6 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 7 Nova Scotia and Quebec
- 8 7 Day Trip to PEI and Cape Breton Islands with Vegetarian Options
- 9 Best Jasper Campground
- 10 Freedom of speech in reviews
- 11 RV trip Calgary to Vancouver
- 12 Car Rental from Montreal to Boston
- 13 Victoria in December
- 14 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 15 Opportunity for business loan
- 16 BEWARE! - CAR RENTAL NIGHTMARE! London, Ontario
- 17 Road trip from Minneapolis to Ontario.. suggestions for 91yr old
- 18 Nova Scotia - October
- 19 Smoke at Banff and Jasper?
- 20 Low Altitude Mountain Destinations
- 21 Across Canada by Train
- 22 Mont Tremblant attractions
- 23 Victoria to Vancouver (best travel options)
- 24 Nova Scotia
- 25 Halifax/PE in 6 nights