My husband and I are taking this trip from July 27th to Aug 4th. This will be our first trip to the West Coast and we are really thrilled. We both love nature. The idea of mountains and ocean is so exhilarating that I am getting goose bumps while posting this. We would love to explore the mountain vistas, beaches, national/provincial parks, and basically anything that shouts nature.
We don’t really plan to rent a car for most of our stay so public transit would be mode of commute, with that said I do know that if we want to explore the trails and beaches, we will need a car. Thoughts??
The plan is to arrive in Vancouver and head straight to Victoria for 3 days(we are staying at a place close to Inner Harbour); we plan to go to Butchart gardens. What other places can we visit there or activities that we shouldn’t miss…?? Are 3 days enough on the Island ?
We head back to Vancouver on the 30th (staying in the Dunbar Southlands neighbourhood) and spend the rest of the time there before flying out on the 4th. Have heard and read a lot about Whistler especially the drive between Vancouver and Whistler so we plan to rent a car for that day and make a trip to Whistler. Other places that we are thinking of visiting are Stanley Park, Suspension Bridge, Grouse Mountain…. ? We want to cover as much but at the same time enjoy and not make it a stressful vacation….
Here is our prospective Itinerary: Would love your help
Day 1: Arrive in Vancouver and head straight to Victoria and spend rest of the day touring Victoria
Day 2: Visit Butchart Gardens (Can we cover other places that day or will that be too tight?)
Day 3: Visit Tofino (Will that be too hectic, how long is the drive?)
Day 4-First Half: Spend first half of the day touring Inner Harbour before taking the ferry back to Vancouver (Visit where?)
Day 4-Second Half: Explore the neighbourhood (Dunbar Southlands) before calling it a day
Day 5: Tour Vancouver (Stanley Park, Suspension bridge – Are the distances too far to travel by public transit, any suggestions in regards to shuffling the places so that less time is spent commuting)
Day 6: Visit Whistler
Day 7: Tour Vancouver (Chinatown, downtown Vancouver, Grouse Mountain, are these in the opposite directions …ideas? )
Day 8: Visit North Vancouver (Is it central to the trip or skipping it would be okay, where else can we go?)
Day 9: Tour Vancouver before taking the flight out at 5 pm (where can we go?)
Appreciate your ideas and inputs.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Toronto: Dinner Before Train Departure
- 2 Rail/Drive Canadain Rockies in Sept, 2016?
- 3 Please advice on 1.5 day itinerary in Jasper, Banff
- 4 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
- 5 Itinerary Help - Vancouver Area
- 6 Morocco travel package from Canada
- 7 24 hours in Toronto
- 8 Toronto to East Cost Road trip Advice
- 9 Do I need a rental car for travel to Seattle and Vancouver (Sept 2016)?
- 10 Ontario to PEI Roadtrip!
- 11 Vancouver 4 days
- 12 Looks for Sites in Manitoba
- 13 Trip to Tornoto
- 14 Marvellous Montreal
- 15 Cross country road trip in Déc 2016
- 16 Hotels in Montreal near McGill University
- 17 Little over three days in Vancouver
- 18 Quebec Province & City,Montreal
- 19 One week in August British Columbia or Pacific Northwest
- 20 Gettinng around Jasper
- 21 Help Seattle Vancouver Is Whistler vs.Via Rail rockies
- 22 Nova Scotia Late Aug. are Reservations Necessary
- 23 Nova Scotia & PEI Hiking
- 24 Help - Winnipeg to vancouver roadtrip
- 25 Early 30's Couple Spending Two weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada