My husband and I are taking this trip from July 27th to Aug 4th. This will be our first trip to the West Coast and we are really thrilled. We both love nature. The idea of mountains and ocean is so exhilarating that I am getting goose bumps while posting this. We would love to explore the mountain vistas, beaches, national/provincial parks, and basically anything that shouts nature.
We don’t really plan to rent a car for most of our stay so public transit would be mode of commute, with that said I do know that if we want to explore the trails and beaches, we will need a car. Thoughts??
The plan is to arrive in Vancouver and head straight to Victoria for 3 days(we are staying at a place close to Inner Harbour); we plan to go to Butchart gardens. What other places can we visit there or activities that we shouldn’t miss…?? Are 3 days enough on the Island ?
We head back to Vancouver on the 30th (staying in the Dunbar Southlands neighbourhood) and spend the rest of the time there before flying out on the 4th. Have heard and read a lot about Whistler especially the drive between Vancouver and Whistler so we plan to rent a car for that day and make a trip to Whistler. Other places that we are thinking of visiting are Stanley Park, Suspension Bridge, Grouse Mountain…. ? We want to cover as much but at the same time enjoy and not make it a stressful vacation….
Here is our prospective Itinerary: Would love your help
Day 1: Arrive in Vancouver and head straight to Victoria and spend rest of the day touring Victoria
Day 2: Visit Butchart Gardens (Can we cover other places that day or will that be too tight?)
Day 3: Visit Tofino (Will that be too hectic, how long is the drive?)
Day 4-First Half: Spend first half of the day touring Inner Harbour before taking the ferry back to Vancouver (Visit where?)
Day 4-Second Half: Explore the neighbourhood (Dunbar Southlands) before calling it a day
Day 5: Tour Vancouver (Stanley Park, Suspension bridge – Are the distances too far to travel by public transit, any suggestions in regards to shuffling the places so that less time is spent commuting)
Day 6: Visit Whistler
Day 7: Tour Vancouver (Chinatown, downtown Vancouver, Grouse Mountain, are these in the opposite directions …ideas? )
Day 8: Visit North Vancouver (Is it central to the trip or skipping it would be okay, where else can we go?)
Day 9: Tour Vancouver before taking the flight out at 5 pm (where can we go?)
Appreciate your ideas and inputs.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Bay of Fundy/Moncton/St. John, NB Itinerary Advice
- 2 Roadtrip including Fundy, PEI and Quebec, City
- 3 Taking a bus from Toronto to Ottawa then on to Montreal and Quebec City
- 4 Train to Vancouver from Toronto
- 5 Layover In Toronto
- 6 Banff, Jasper with one year old
- 7 Need to fill in trip plans with one more destination near Vancouver
- 8 Getting to downtown from Brossard
- 9 Aging can now be Defeated Naturally
- 10 review of hotel in Montral
- 11 Montreal Questions
- 12 Trip report/Burlington, VT to Quebec City to Charlevoix
- 13 Rochester > Montreal > Quebec
- 14 Montreal vs Quebec City for Canada Day
- 15 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 16 Embassy suite Niagara falls, how far is the walk to the casino?
- 17 Waterton National Park
- 18 Economy vs business on VIA rail?
- 19 How do I get from Calgary to Glacier National Park or near by?
- 20 Car rental in Victoria, BC
- 21 Restaurant with amazing view (and decent food) Whistler
- 22 Activities for Children in Vancouver
- 23 Romantic destination in Canada
- 24 Travel Guide to Quebec
- 25 Travel Guide to Quebec