VIA Rail is expanding its system of seat reservations to cover all Economy seats in The Corridor. Those are its train routes across Ontario and Quebec. Previously, Economy seat assignments have been given on only some routes. Now every Economy passenger will receive a seat when buying the ticket. This should cut down the long lineups often seen in Toronto's Union Station, the biggest terminal, where Economy passengers crowd the doors to find a place. The assignment will be automatic but can be altered by telephoning VIA. There's not much information posted yet on the Internet site www.VIArail.ca but apparently some of the new assignments are already being issued by the computer with the full system supposed to be in place by the end of March.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 2 Tours
- 3 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 4 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 5 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 6 Montreal and Quebec with 12 year old girl
- 7 Driving from Calgary to U SA
- 8 Gaspe
- 9 Tofino -Are 5-6 days long enough or too long for family with preschoolers?
- 10 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 11 ATM for cash in Vancouver
- 12 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 13 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 14 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 15 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 16 Niagara/Toronto to Quebec & Maybe Montreal--need advice
- 17 Alberta Wildfires
- 18 Niagara Falls Canada
- 19 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 20 Fresh Fruit from US
- 21 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 22 quebec
- 23 Jet to Victoria
- 24 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 25 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants