VIA Rail is expanding its system of seat reservations to cover all Economy seats in The Corridor. Those are its train routes across Ontario and Quebec. Previously, Economy seat assignments have been given on only some routes. Now every Economy passenger will receive a seat when buying the ticket. This should cut down the long lineups often seen in Toronto's Union Station, the biggest terminal, where Economy passengers crowd the doors to find a place. The assignment will be automatic but can be altered by telephoning VIA. There's not much information posted yet on the Internet site www.VIArail.ca but apparently some of the new assignments are already being issued by the computer with the full system supposed to be in place by the end of March.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Executive Home Available For Lease In The Sought-After Toronto Beaches!
- 2 North Vancouver Island
- 3 Rockies trip in June.
- 4 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 5 BUCKET LIST TRIP ACROSS CANADA
- 6 1st time traveler through Canada in April
- 7 Vancouver hotel Times Square Suites
- 8 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 9 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 10 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 11 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 12 Need tips for this trip
- 13 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 14 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 15 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 16 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 17 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 18 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 19 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 20 Newfoundland questions
- 21 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 22 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 23 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 24 Itinerary help
- 25 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!