VIA Rail is expanding its system of seat reservations to cover all Economy seats in The Corridor. Those are its train routes across Ontario and Quebec. Previously, Economy seat assignments have been given on only some routes. Now every Economy passenger will receive a seat when buying the ticket. This should cut down the long lineups often seen in Toronto's Union Station, the biggest terminal, where Economy passengers crowd the doors to find a place. The assignment will be automatic but can be altered by telephoning VIA. There's not much information posted yet on the Internet site www.VIArail.ca but apparently some of the new assignments are already being issued by the computer with the full system supposed to be in place by the end of March.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Confused about VIA rail options - upper berth, cabin?
- 2 season greetings
- 3 Taxi Stand near Saint Jean Baptiste in Montreal
- 4 December activities for kids in downtown Toronto?
- 5 Toronto: where to stay?
- 6 Alberta????
- 7 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 8 moving from Saskatchewan - choices
- 9 Ottawa and Montreal New Years
- 10 Wifi rental
- 11 Your favorite travel web sites?
- 12 Short term lodging
- 13 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 14 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 15 Vancouver island or Northern West
- 16 Vancouver top restaurant
- 17 Montreal Entertainment
- 18 Heli skiing in March
- 19 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 20 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 21 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 22 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 23 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 24 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 25 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise