VIA Rail is expanding its system of seat reservations to cover all Economy seats in The Corridor. Those are its train routes across Ontario and Quebec. Previously, Economy seat assignments have been given on only some routes. Now every Economy passenger will receive a seat when buying the ticket. This should cut down the long lineups often seen in Toronto's Union Station, the biggest terminal, where Economy passengers crowd the doors to find a place. The assignment will be automatic but can be altered by telephoning VIA. There's not much information posted yet on the Internet site www.VIArail.ca but apparently some of the new assignments are already being issued by the computer with the full system supposed to be in place by the end of March.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Is anyone has visited eagle lake in ontario
- 2 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 3 iPhone in Canada
- 4 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.
- 5 Lake Louise/Jasper trip report
- 6 Free parking in Halifax near Waterfront.
- 7 Victoria Dining
- 8 Christmas Day in Quebec City
- 9 Quebec City trip.report
- 10 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 11 Family holiday in Canada ( winter)..accommodation in Montana and Idaho too!
- 12 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 13 Quebic City or Montreal
- 14 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 15 ft nelson bc
- 16 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 17 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 18 Happy Thanksgiving!!!
- 19 Niagara Falls October 10-12
- 20 canada in the winter?
- 21 Canada in winter
- 22 10 Day Trip to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
- 23 Banff - Jasper weekend itinerary October
- 24 HELP revamping Nova Scotia trip due to illness
- 25 Telegraph cove