VIA Rail is expanding its system of seat reservations to cover all Economy seats in The Corridor. Those are its train routes across Ontario and Quebec. Previously, Economy seat assignments have been given on only some routes. Now every Economy passenger will receive a seat when buying the ticket. This should cut down the long lineups often seen in Toronto's Union Station, the biggest terminal, where Economy passengers crowd the doors to find a place. The assignment will be automatic but can be altered by telephoning VIA. There's not much information posted yet on the Internet site www.VIArail.ca but apparently some of the new assignments are already being issued by the computer with the full system supposed to be in place by the end of March.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Advice trip to Canada
- 2 Arriving Montreal, leaving Albany. Best mode for in between?
- 3 Travelling from Edmonton to Vancouver - via Jasper
- 4 Seeking Advice on Banff/Jasper trip Fall 2015
- 5 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 6 looking 12 passenger van rental vancouver
- 7 Layovers in Toronto and Montreal - Ideas?
- 8 Seeking advice for itinerary Waterton and Glacier National Park
- 9 Fall Quebec/Montreal - best time to go?
- 10 Do Canadians need to take the Liablity Insurance when traveling in Florida?
- 11 18 nights in Newfoundland
- 12 Help us see Vancouver island
- 13 Need Help Exploring Best of Vancouver Island Over 4 Days
- 14 Journey series CAD
- 15 Madrid or Montreal
- 16 Help with Kelowna
- 17 Best Scenic Route from Moncton (NB) to Quebec City ??
- 18 9 nights in Nfld
- 19 10 days in The Maritimes
- 20 2 days in Vancouver
- 21 Vancouver
- 22 June trip to: Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper/Via Rail to Vancouver
- 23 Vancouver bike shops and cross Canada what to see
- 24 Imminent travel to Vancouver, Whistler and Calgary. Tips plz!
- 25 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships