VIA Rail is expanding its system of seat reservations to cover all Economy seats in The Corridor. Those are its train routes across Ontario and Quebec. Previously, Economy seat assignments have been given on only some routes. Now every Economy passenger will receive a seat when buying the ticket. This should cut down the long lineups often seen in Toronto's Union Station, the biggest terminal, where Economy passengers crowd the doors to find a place. The assignment will be automatic but can be altered by telephoning VIA. There's not much information posted yet on the Internet site www.VIArail.ca but apparently some of the new assignments are already being issued by the computer with the full system supposed to be in place by the end of March.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 2 Montreal for work -- what to see?
- 3 Stay inside Algonquin park
- 4 Buddy MacMaster RIP
- 5 Need help planning travel around New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 6 NB, PEI, Nova Scotia in Oct
- 7 Quebec City - week before Christmas or New Year
- 8 Good Restaurants nearby Niagra?
- 9 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 10 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 11 Brian zucker : choosing between Toronto and Niagara falls
- 12 Orange County car services for birthdays
- 13 Rockies Weather Profile for September?
- 14 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 15 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 16 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 17 gasrun.ca, ever wonder how much it costs to drive from A to B?
- 18 Halifax-PEI
- 19 PEI and Nova Scotia
- 20 4 days in Vancouver Island
- 21 Torn about our July multi-generation vacation
- 22 Connecticut to Nova Scotia
- 23 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 24 Quebec City hotel near VIA Rail station
- 25 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI