VIA Rail is expanding its system of seat reservations to cover all Economy seats in The Corridor. Those are its train routes across Ontario and Quebec. Previously, Economy seat assignments have been given on only some routes. Now every Economy passenger will receive a seat when buying the ticket. This should cut down the long lineups often seen in Toronto's Union Station, the biggest terminal, where Economy passengers crowd the doors to find a place. The assignment will be automatic but can be altered by telephoning VIA. There's not much information posted yet on the Internet site www.VIArail.ca but apparently some of the new assignments are already being issued by the computer with the full system supposed to be in place by the end of March.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Seeking Advice on Banff/Jasper trip Fall 2015
- 2 Who has made a Resolution to see the Red Sided Garter Snake Migration?
- 3 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 4 travelling from Vancouver to Churchill
- 5 Help us see Vancouver island
- 6 Seeking advice for itinerary Waterton and Glacier National Park
- 7 Montreal Jazz Festival
- 8 First visit to Montreal, hotel and sightseeing recommendations needed
- 9 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 10 Corporate party
- 11 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 12 Vancouver Trip Feb 16-20,2015
- 13 Road trip from Vacouver to Alaska.
- 14 Things to see and do on route from Twillingate to St. john's NL
- 15 2 months Canada and USA with alaska cruise
- 16 Driving from PEI to Edmonton, Alberta (end of Jan. beginning of Feb. 2015)
- 17 Stay at Niagara Falls or downtown?
- 18 itinerary help with a British Columbia+Alaska road trip
- 19 Calgary or Lake Louise?
- 20 Gulf Islands - anybody been to Galiano Island?
- 21 Travelling from Toronto to Quebec City and New Brunswick
- 22 2 days in Vancouver
- 23 Best way to get mobile data in Canada?
- 24 Montreal - Old Town or Plateau district?
- 25 8 days in NL