My husband and I are considering a Vancouver/Canadian Rockies trip with our two sons, ages 12 and 16. We have about one week in August, though could possibly stretch it to 8 or 9 days max. We would fly from Southern California to Vancouver, spend two days sightseeing in Vancouver, and then head to the Rockies. My husband does not want to drive all the way from Vancouver to the Rockies because he doesn't like long car rides. I am thinking that we could fly from Vancouver to Calgary, rent a car, visit Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper, and then fly home from Edmonton. Or, we could fly Vancouver to Edmonton and leave out of Calgary. Do either of these plans make sense? How long would you recommend in each place? We would love to stay at the Chateau Lake Louise for part of the time and the Jasper Park Lodge for the other part.
Vancouver/Banff/Jasper in a week
View all Canada activity »
- 1 Winter getaway to Quebec City!!
- 2 Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver - May/June 14
- 3 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 4 VANCOUVER AUGUST 2014
- 5 Golden BC
- 6 Looking for suggestions: Banff activities for 7-year old
- 7 Camping in Banff & Jasper Natl Parks
- 8 Which area to live in Kelowna? Help please.
- 9 HELP ! Where to move in Vancouver?
- 10 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 11 Two students going to Montreal/Quebec City for cheap
- 12 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 13 Recommended language schools in Montreal or Quebec City?
- 14 Christmas Eve Dinner in Quebec City with kids
- 15 alberta is experiencing a big storm dec 2
- 16 Ucluelet or Tofino
- 17 Banff/Canmore, Lake Louise (Field?) and Jasper in July
- 18 Golden, British Columbia
- 19 Northern Lights at Banff National Park in Winter?
- 20 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 21 Best time of year and place for salmon fishing
- 22 tofino kayaking and fishing
- 23 Hiking Crypt Lake in May
- 24 Trip to Maritime Provinces
- 25 America by Rail