My husband and I are considering a Vancouver/Canadian Rockies trip with our two sons, ages 12 and 16. We have about one week in August, though could possibly stretch it to 8 or 9 days max. We would fly from Southern California to Vancouver, spend two days sightseeing in Vancouver, and then head to the Rockies. My husband does not want to drive all the way from Vancouver to the Rockies because he doesn't like long car rides. I am thinking that we could fly from Vancouver to Calgary, rent a car, visit Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper, and then fly home from Edmonton. Or, we could fly Vancouver to Edmonton and leave out of Calgary. Do either of these plans make sense? How long would you recommend in each place? We would love to stay at the Chateau Lake Louise for part of the time and the Jasper Park Lodge for the other part.
Vancouver/Banff/Jasper in a week
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Rockies trip in June.
- 2 Vancouver hotel Times Square Suites
- 3 1st time traveler through Canada in April
- 4 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 5 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 6 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 7 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 8 Need tips for this trip
- 9 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 10 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 11 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 12 North Vancouver Island
- 13 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 14 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 15 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 16 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 17 Newfoundland questions
- 18 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 19 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 20 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 21 Itinerary help
- 22 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 23 Montreal/Toronto
- 24 Gros Morne hiking
- 25 Victoria for 2 days