My husband and I are considering a Vancouver/Canadian Rockies trip with our two sons, ages 12 and 16. We have about one week in August, though could possibly stretch it to 8 or 9 days max. We would fly from Southern California to Vancouver, spend two days sightseeing in Vancouver, and then head to the Rockies. My husband does not want to drive all the way from Vancouver to the Rockies because he doesn't like long car rides. I am thinking that we could fly from Vancouver to Calgary, rent a car, visit Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper, and then fly home from Edmonton. Or, we could fly Vancouver to Edmonton and leave out of Calgary. Do either of these plans make sense? How long would you recommend in each place? We would love to stay at the Chateau Lake Louise for part of the time and the Jasper Park Lodge for the other part.
Vancouver/Banff/Jasper in a week
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 2 Camping in Canada: sleeping with bears
- 3 NYC to Montreal by train
- 4 Tent trailer camping tips? Ontario to Nanaimo (Summer 2014) with 2 kids
- 5 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 6 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 7 Any reviews of Wildland Tours?
- 8 Where to stay in Banff?
- 9 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 10 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 11 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 12 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 13 Transport of cremated remains
- 14 Rockies trip in June.
- 15 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 16 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 17 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 18 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 19 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 20 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 21 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 22 7 Days in Newfoundland
- 23 boarder crossing question
- 24 Best Areas to Stay in Montreal
- 25 Calgary hotel help needed