My husband and I are considering a Vancouver/Canadian Rockies trip with our two sons, ages 12 and 16. We have about one week in August, though could possibly stretch it to 8 or 9 days max. We would fly from Southern California to Vancouver, spend two days sightseeing in Vancouver, and then head to the Rockies. My husband does not want to drive all the way from Vancouver to the Rockies because he doesn't like long car rides. I am thinking that we could fly from Vancouver to Calgary, rent a car, visit Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper, and then fly home from Edmonton. Or, we could fly Vancouver to Edmonton and leave out of Calgary. Do either of these plans make sense? How long would you recommend in each place? We would love to stay at the Chateau Lake Louise for part of the time and the Jasper Park Lodge for the other part.
Vancouver/Banff/Jasper in a week
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Run as being a solution Against the Spread
- 2 Thousand Islands
- 3 My first visit to Montreal(Canada in general), going solo!
- 4 Rockies in Winter for a non skiier - review of accommodation and tours
- 5 How long to connect in Toronto?
- 6 Coach class Canadian Via
- 7 Honeymoon destination
- 8 Rockies to Vancouver
- 9 Confused about VIA rail options - upper berth, cabin?
- 10 season greetings
- 11 Taxi Stand near Saint Jean Baptiste in Montreal
- 12 December activities for kids in downtown Toronto?
- 13 Toronto: where to stay?
- 14 Alberta????
- 15 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 16 moving from Saskatchewan - choices
- 17 Ottawa and Montreal New Years
- 18 Wifi rental
- 19 Your favorite travel web sites?
- 20 Short term lodging
- 21 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 22 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 23 Vancouver island or Northern West
- 24 Vancouver top restaurant
- 25 Montreal Entertainment