My boyfriend and I flying to Vancouver on 12th August this yeR for a 16 night adventure in Vancouver and the Rockies. Our idea (at the moment) is 3 nights in Vancouver, hire a car drive to Tofino for 3 nights, drive back to Vancouver and hire camping equipment. From Vancouver drive to Kamloops for 1 night (or another stop off point in between Tofino and Jasper...?), from Kamloops drive to Jasper for 3 nights (camping), from Jasper drive to Banff for 4/5 nights (camping), from Banff back to Vancouver with a 1 night stop off on the way back (locationyet to be confirmed). At this stage we have only booked flights so are more than open to any suggestions etc..! Our main question - is this feasible in 16 nights or will it be extremely rushed? is Tofino worth the 7 hour journey from Vancouver? is 8 nights in the Rockies enough? Have we missed any 'must sees'? Any insight or itinary ideas greatly welcomed! Thanks a million!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 car seat requirements in Canada for kids
- 2 YUL to Old Montreal with kids
- 3 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 4 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 5 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 6 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 7 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 8 Calgary, Banff, and Jasper
- 9 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 10 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 11 Quebec to yarmouth
- 12 6 hr Montreal Layover
- 13 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 14 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 15 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 16 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 17 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 18 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 19 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 20 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 21 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 22 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 23 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 24 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 25 Pearson Airport logistics
Vancouver, Vancouver Island & Rockies road trip - HELP NEEDED