My boyfriend and I flying to Vancouver on 12th August this yeR for a 16 night adventure in Vancouver and the Rockies. Our idea (at the moment) is 3 nights in Vancouver, hire a car drive to Tofino for 3 nights, drive back to Vancouver and hire camping equipment. From Vancouver drive to Kamloops for 1 night (or another stop off point in between Tofino and Jasper...?), from Kamloops drive to Jasper for 3 nights (camping), from Jasper drive to Banff for 4/5 nights (camping), from Banff back to Vancouver with a 1 night stop off on the way back (locationyet to be confirmed). At this stage we have only booked flights so are more than open to any suggestions etc..! Our main question - is this feasible in 16 nights or will it be extremely rushed? is Tofino worth the 7 hour journey from Vancouver? is 8 nights in the Rockies enough? Have we missed any 'must sees'? Any insight or itinary ideas greatly welcomed! Thanks a million!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 2 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 3 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 4 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 5 March in Montreal?
- 6 Eastern Canada in December
- 7 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 8 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 9 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 10 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 11 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 12 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 13 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 14 Tofino
- 15 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 16 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 17 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 18 11th and 12th grade
- 19 Vancouver trip report!
- 20 Moving to Nova Scotia
- 21 Toronto and Niagara Falls in November
- 22 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 23 looking to experience Canada by train
- 24 Drive from PEI to Quebec City
- 25 Places to stay in Kelowna, British Columbia
Vancouver, Vancouver Island & Rockies road trip - HELP NEEDED