My husband and I are spending 8-9 days in Vancouver next month and we hoped to add Washington State or Seattle into the mix. We wouldn't be able to stay overnight due to the fact our hotel is already booked and paid for in Vancouver, so it will be a long day trip starting at 9am. Therefore, I don't think Seattle AND Deception Pass/Whidbey Island will be doable in the same day?
From reading some great old threads on here I've come up with this route trip:
Rent a midsize 4x4 from Downtown Vancouver and travel I-99 to the Peace Arch border crossing. Then follow I-5, exit at Fairhaven/250. Head through Chuckanut down to Whitney, then onto Fidalgo Island. Enter Deception Pass State Park taking in the views and beaches (any tips here? I've read about the jet boat or something, worth it?)
Here we could either turn back and head 'home' to Vancouver or continue on to Coupeville/Langley/Whidbey Island and take the ferry from Clinton to Mulkiteo (anyone know the price?). Then head back up I-5 to Vancouver.
Our rental needs to be back by 11.30pm so we have time but I wonder if the last part will be too much for one day? What would you do? Tips and advice will be much appreciated!
Also, any advice for an experienced and confident UK driver? I'm slightly nervous as it will be my first time driving on the 'other' side.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 GMAIL @ 1888:260:2909 installation renewal CONTACT GMAIL Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 J-n-K Services, Inc.
- 3 Quebec City/Montreal for Christmas
- 4 May2018 Banff accomodations
- 5 romantic dinner in Montreal suggestions
- 6 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 7 Vancouver Island in Winter
- 8 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 9 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 10 Saguenay & Sydney...Anything to See/Do?
- 11 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 12 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 13 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 14 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 15 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 16 going to banff/jasper in may 2018
- 17 BC or Alberta drives
- 18 Torino in february
- 19 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 20 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 21 Canadian Thanksgiving Long Weekend Roadtrip Ideas
- 22 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 23 Skiing in Whistler
- 24 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 25 lodging in whistler