We are heading to Vancouver in Dec 14, wanting to visit Lake Louis and Banff in Jan 2015, any way we can do this, I see trains don't run at this time. We could fly to Calgary and then how do we get to Lake Louis? I know its a short drive but over this time, is it too dangerous to do this, will roads be open? how long to drive over this winter period? considering we are from nz, so driving on other side of road etc. Any other ways to visiting these areas. please help me out here.
Vancouver to lake Louis Jan 15 ideas?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Stay inside Algonquin park
- 2 Buddy MacMaster RIP
- 3 Need help planning travel around New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 4 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 5 NB, PEI, Nova Scotia in Oct
- 6 Quebec City - week before Christmas or New Year
- 7 Good Restaurants nearby Niagra?
- 8 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 9 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 10 Brian zucker : choosing between Toronto and Niagara falls
- 11 Orange County car services for birthdays
- 12 Rockies Weather Profile for September?
- 13 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 14 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 15 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 16 gasrun.ca, ever wonder how much it costs to drive from A to B?
- 17 Halifax-PEI
- 18 PEI and Nova Scotia
- 19 4 days in Vancouver Island
- 20 Torn about our July multi-generation vacation
- 21 Montreal for work -- what to see?
- 22 Connecticut to Nova Scotia
- 23 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 24 Quebec City hotel near VIA Rail station
- 25 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI