I am planning a trip from Vancouver through the Rockies to Calgary this July. I know it is late, that's why I need your help. Please comment on the general itinerary, and, more importantly, tell me what should be reserved first. For instance, I presume I can always find somewhere to stay in Vancouver, but what about the parks?
We are a couple in our sixties in good health. We are flying from Washington, DC. We don't want to drive too long on any one day. Our interests include wildlife, scenery, culture, good food and historical sites. We are not interested in shopping, art museums or going somewhere you have to be dressed up.
Very tentative itinerary
Day 1 Fly to Vancouver
Days 2-4 Vancouver
Day 5 Pick up rental car and drive to Okanagan Valley
Day 6 Okanagan Valley
Day 7 Drive to Banff
Day 8-11 Banff and Lake Louise
Day 12 - Drive Icefield Parkway to Jasper
Day 13 Jasper
Day 14 Drive to Calgary
Day 15 Fly home
Is it worth adding another day to visit Victoria as a day trip from Vancouver? Should we base ourselves in Banff for days 8-11 or spend part of that time at Lake Louise? Any other advice?
Thanks in advance.
Vancouver to Calgary - advice on itinerary and what to reserve first
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 2 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 3 Jet to Victoria
- 4 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 5 quebec
- 6 Fresh Fruit from US
- 7 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 8 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 9 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants
- 10 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 11 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 12 Alberta Wildfires
- 13 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 14 icebergs r us/ canada's far east: st john's NL
- 15 When Train Plans Go Awry—My 2 Day Winnipeg/ Saint Boniface Odyssey
- 16 Niagara Falls Canada
- 17 One Day in Niagra falls with kids
- 18 What do you think of this itinerary Ontario-Qebec trip?
- 19 Driving Victoria to Toronto
- 20 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 21 edmonton-jasper, banff, lake louise
- 22 Grouse or Whistler?
- 23 What all are must go locations in Algonquin Park ?
- 24 Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
- 25 Whale Watching in Lunenburg - has anyone had a good experience?