I am planning a trip from Vancouver through the Rockies to Calgary this July. I know it is late, that's why I need your help. Please comment on the general itinerary, and, more importantly, tell me what should be reserved first. For instance, I presume I can always find somewhere to stay in Vancouver, but what about the parks?
We are a couple in our sixties in good health. We are flying from Washington, DC. We don't want to drive too long on any one day. Our interests include wildlife, scenery, culture, good food and historical sites. We are not interested in shopping, art museums or going somewhere you have to be dressed up.
Very tentative itinerary
Day 1 Fly to Vancouver
Days 2-4 Vancouver
Day 5 Pick up rental car and drive to Okanagan Valley
Day 6 Okanagan Valley
Day 7 Drive to Banff
Day 8-11 Banff and Lake Louise
Day 12 - Drive Icefield Parkway to Jasper
Day 13 Jasper
Day 14 Drive to Calgary
Day 15 Fly home
Is it worth adding another day to visit Victoria as a day trip from Vancouver? Should we base ourselves in Banff for days 8-11 or spend part of that time at Lake Louise? Any other advice?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 2 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 3 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 4 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 5 March in Montreal?
- 6 Eastern Canada in December
- 7 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 8 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 9 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 10 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 11 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 12 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 13 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 14 Tofino
- 15 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 16 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 17 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 18 11th and 12th grade
- 19 Vancouver trip report!
- 20 Moving to Nova Scotia
- 21 Toronto and Niagara Falls in November
- 22 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 23 looking to experience Canada by train
- 24 Drive from PEI to Quebec City
- 25 Places to stay in Kelowna, British Columbia
Vancouver to Calgary - advice on itinerary and what to reserve first