We are planning a 3 day trip to Vancouver with our family of 5 - 2 adults and 3 kids ages 11, 9 and 4. We are contemplating buying a hop-on-hop-off tickets for the Vancouver trolley to get to all the major sights, but were wondering if it would be more cost efficient to just get taxis and/or walk to get around, considering our large group. We are planning on visiting Canada Place, Granville Island, Chinatown, Gastown, Capillano Suspension Bridge, Grousse Mountain and Stanley Park. We are staying at Hampton Inn on Robson street in downtown Vancouver. There are also free shuttles provided by companies for Capilllano Suspension Bridge and Grouse Mountain but I was wondering how reliable they are. Can anyone suggest what should our prefered transportation option be. I should also mention that we will not have a car while visiting. Thank you in advance for any feedback.
Vancouver sightseeing - transportation tips
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 send free sms to canada
- 2 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 3 1st time traveler through Canada in April
- 4 Rockies trip in June.
- 5 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 6 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 7 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 8 Need tips for this trip
- 9 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 10 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 11 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 12 North Vancouver Island
- 13 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 14 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 15 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 16 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 17 Newfoundland questions
- 18 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 19 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 20 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 21 Itinerary help
- 22 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 23 Montreal/Toronto
- 24 Gros Morne hiking
- 25 Victoria for 2 days