We are planning a 3 day trip to Vancouver with our family of 5 - 2 adults and 3 kids ages 11, 9 and 4. We are contemplating buying a hop-on-hop-off tickets for the Vancouver trolley to get to all the major sights, but were wondering if it would be more cost efficient to just get taxis and/or walk to get around, considering our large group. We are planning on visiting Canada Place, Granville Island, Chinatown, Gastown, Capillano Suspension Bridge, Grousse Mountain and Stanley Park. We are staying at Hampton Inn on Robson street in downtown Vancouver. There are also free shuttles provided by companies for Capilllano Suspension Bridge and Grouse Mountain but I was wondering how reliable they are. Can anyone suggest what should our prefered transportation option be. I should also mention that we will not have a car while visiting. Thank you in advance for any feedback.
Vancouver sightseeing - transportation tips
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 4 days in Vancouver Island
- 2 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 3 Banf
- 4 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 5 Tofino -Are 5-6 days long enough or too long for family with preschoolers?
- 6 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 7 Gaspe
- 8 Tours
- 9 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 10 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 11 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 12 Montreal and Quebec with 12 year old girl
- 13 Driving from Calgary to U SA
- 14 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 15 ATM for cash in Vancouver
- 16 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 17 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 18 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 19 Niagara/Toronto to Quebec & Maybe Montreal--need advice
- 20 Alberta Wildfires
- 21 Niagara Falls Canada
- 22 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 23 Fresh Fruit from US
- 24 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 25 quebec