I just moved to Vancouver, Canada and i'd like to know the cheapest options to shop for healthy organic food. I've been told the main options are CSA (community supported agriculture) where they pay to join to support farmers and in turn get a box of fresh vegetables every week. Another option is the organic retail shops (maybe a bit pricey but I live in Coquitlam (suburb) so maybe there is a shop nearby? I don't know. Also there are farmers markets however many shut down passed October. Unless i can find a winter market i may need to find other sources. An idea that really appeals to me is driving around the fraser valley looking for road signs (i.e fresh eggs, vegetables) and buying direct from the residents (backyard chickens, etc..). However i don't know how common this is near Vancouver. In Australia, it was based on the honour system, boxes of eggs and a suggested donation box. What do you think?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 <USA> : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:540 :683O YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Best places in Toronto
- 3 Tweak itinerary for Canadian Rockies
- 4 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 5 Victoria, Canada
- 6 Day trip from Toronto to 1000 Islands
- 7 Planning a trip to 1000 Islands
- 8 Is it too late to plan Banff & Jasper for this July?
- 9 Newfoundland in early June
- 10 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 11 Think a horsey ride is a good idea?
- 12 Vancouver/Seattle Trip
- 13 HELP: Winnipeg to Grand Forks,ND
- 14 Toronto to N.F. to Buffalo without a car. Need help.
- 15 Nova Scotia in July
- 16 Cape Breton in early June
- 17 Magdalen Islands in early June
- 18 Magdalen Islands
- 19 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 20 How to break the drive from Montreal to Niagara falls?
- 21 Passport question for Int flight
- 22 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days
- 23 Itinerary for 10 day Maritime trip
- 24 Icefields Parkway
- 25 3 Nights in Cape Breton
Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food