Hi folks, I am in the early stages of planning our first road trip north from our new home in Vancouver, BC. We are looking to spend about 14 days in total around June, July, August 2013. We want to camp (Pickup camper) along the way rather than use hotels. We do a lot of camping, hiking, fishing in BC so we are not new to the idea just new to the specific route. we really want to hear ideas of where to stop/stay, best routes for up and back, contacts info of outfitters you really liked for some outdoor adventures, really anything you think will help plan our trip. Oh and we obviously have not even settled on an ultimate destination in Alaska so that is up for discussion as well. We want to do some river fishing, camping, hiking, fun outdoor activities along the way where possible. Thanks!
Vancouver, BC to somewhere in Alaska
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 2 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 3 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 4 Montreal and Quebec with 12 year old girl
- 5 Car Service in Toronto
- 6 Tofino -Are 5-6 days long enough or too long for family with preschoolers?
- 7 ATM for cash in Vancouver
- 8 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 9 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 10 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 11 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 12 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 13 Niagara/Toronto to Quebec & Maybe Montreal--need advice
- 14 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 15 Alberta Wildfires
- 16 Niagara Falls Canada
- 17 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 18 Fresh Fruit from US
- 19 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 20 quebec
- 21 Jet to Victoria
- 22 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 23 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants
- 24 icebergs r us/ canada's far east: st john's NL
- 25 When Train Plans Go Awry—My 2 Day Winnipeg/ Saint Boniface Odyssey