Hi folks, I am in the early stages of planning our first road trip north from our new home in Vancouver, BC. We are looking to spend about 14 days in total around June, July, August 2013. We want to camp (Pickup camper) along the way rather than use hotels. We do a lot of camping, hiking, fishing in BC so we are not new to the idea just new to the specific route. we really want to hear ideas of where to stop/stay, best routes for up and back, contacts info of outfitters you really liked for some outdoor adventures, really anything you think will help plan our trip. Oh and we obviously have not even settled on an ultimate destination in Alaska so that is up for discussion as well. We want to do some river fishing, camping, hiking, fun outdoor activities along the way where possible. Thanks!
Vancouver, BC to somewhere in Alaska
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 2 7 Days in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 3 What do you think of Boston to Ottawa trip?
- 4 Victoria Dining
- 5 Northern Lights
- 6 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 7 Are plug adaptors needed?
- 8 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 9 Fall Montreal weekend with 11-year-old daughter
- 10 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 11 Mackenzie/Prince George BC - Safety & Car info needed
- 12 The Canadian - Toronto to Vancouver by Train - Part 1
- 13 Searching for the `Northern Lights`
- 14 Looking for custom wine tour from Vernon, BC
- 15 how to search for owls in winter
- 16 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 17 Help us see Vancouver island
- 18 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 19 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 20 Lodging in Lake Louise
- 21 Montreal Hop on hopoff bus
- 22 Orleans Express Montreal Station
- 23 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 24 Rockies Weather Profile for September?
- 25 17 days in Newfoundland - a good start!