Hi folks, I am in the early stages of planning our first road trip north from our new home in Vancouver, BC. We are looking to spend about 14 days in total around June, July, August 2013. We want to camp (Pickup camper) along the way rather than use hotels. We do a lot of camping, hiking, fishing in BC so we are not new to the idea just new to the specific route. we really want to hear ideas of where to stop/stay, best routes for up and back, contacts info of outfitters you really liked for some outdoor adventures, really anything you think will help plan our trip. Oh and we obviously have not even settled on an ultimate destination in Alaska so that is up for discussion as well. We want to do some river fishing, camping, hiking, fun outdoor activities along the way where possible. Thanks!
Vancouver, BC to somewhere in Alaska
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Fresh Fruit from US
- 2 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 3 quebec
- 4 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 5 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 6 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants
- 7 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 8 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 9 Alberta Wildfires
- 10 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 11 icebergs r us/ canada's far east: st john's NL
- 12 When Train Plans Go Awry—My 2 Day Winnipeg/ Saint Boniface Odyssey
- 13 Niagara Falls Canada
- 14 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 15 One Day in Niagra falls with kids
- 16 What do you think of this itinerary Ontario-Qebec trip?
- 17 Driving Victoria to Toronto
- 18 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 19 edmonton-jasper, banff, lake louise
- 20 Grouse or Whistler?
- 21 What all are must go locations in Algonquin Park ?
- 22 Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
- 23 Whale Watching in Lunenburg - has anyone had a good experience?
- 24 East Coast Road Trip from Halifax to Toronto
- 25 Adirondacks to Montreal to Quebec City with Kids End of August