We're planning a trip to B.C. in August and have 6 full days. We've never taken a trip to Canada and heard the Vancouver area is beautiful (we live in Southern California). We'd really like to spend most of the time on Vancouver Island and would like to stay somewhere not too far from Victoria so that we have a base from which to take short trips. Our 14 yr. old daughter loves the woods, hiking, wildlife, rocky coast and perfers to stay in a cabin. Can anyone give us an idea of a area...Sooke, perhaps? And any advice on accommodations? Thanks for any help!
Vancouver and Vancouver Island in August
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Ottawa, Montreal and Quabec in 10 days late November ?
- 2 What documents and transportation I need to cross to Canada by Taxi or Car?
- 3 18 nights in Newfoundland
- 4 Eastern Canada
- 5 Advice trip to Canada
- 6 9 days newfoundland
- 7 Arriving Montreal, leaving Albany. Best mode for in between?
- 8 Travelling from Edmonton to Vancouver - via Jasper
- 9 Seeking Advice on Banff/Jasper trip Fall 2015
- 10 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 11 looking 12 passenger van rental vancouver
- 12 Layovers in Toronto and Montreal - Ideas?
- 13 Seeking advice for itinerary Waterton and Glacier National Park
- 14 Fall Quebec/Montreal - best time to go?
- 15 Do Canadians need to take the Liablity Insurance when traveling in Florida?
- 16 Help us see Vancouver island
- 17 Need Help Exploring Best of Vancouver Island Over 4 Days
- 18 Journey series CAD
- 19 Madrid or Montreal
- 20 Help with Kelowna
- 21 Best Scenic Route from Moncton (NB) to Quebec City ??
- 22 9 nights in Nfld
- 23 10 days in The Maritimes
- 24 2 days in Vancouver
- 25 Vancouver