We're planning a trip to B.C. in August and have 6 full days. We've never taken a trip to Canada and heard the Vancouver area is beautiful (we live in Southern California). We'd really like to spend most of the time on Vancouver Island and would like to stay somewhere not too far from Victoria so that we have a base from which to take short trips. Our 14 yr. old daughter loves the woods, hiking, wildlife, rocky coast and perfers to stay in a cabin. Can anyone give us an idea of a area...Sooke, perhaps? And any advice on accommodations? Thanks for any help!
Vancouver and Vancouver Island in August
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Are there private, less expensive fishing charters in Victoria BC?
- 2 15 Days in Canada - Quebec and Ontário region
- 3 Alberta parks to Glacier NP itinerary question
- 4 Victoria BC -What to do; What to watch out for
- 5 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 6 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 7 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 8 Adventures in Canada
- 9 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 10 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 11 Does the Easter Bunny visit Canada?
- 12 NYC to Montreal by train
- 13 Camping in Canada: sleeping with bears
- 14 Tent trailer camping tips? Ontario to Nanaimo (Summer 2014) with 2 kids
- 15 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 16 Any reviews of Wildland Tours?
- 17 Where to stay in Banff?
- 18 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 19 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 20 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 21 Transport of cremated remains
- 22 Rockies trip in June.
- 23 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 24 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 25 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival