We're travelling to Victoria, BC at Christmas and have previously always taken spending $ from a local atm there. However, in the late summer, we were in that city for a few days..had enough Canadian currency so didn't use ATM, but did try to purchase an item from Home Depot for a relative...and they wouldn't/couldn't process sale with our regular Mastercard because it didn't have a chip, even though the hotel and restaurants took it. Just wondered if that chip technology has now progressed to their atm's. If so, will have to order some CDN$ before leaving home. Anyone have any info...or experience recently? Thanks!!
U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 1 Two weeks in Quebec with kids.
- 2 Canadian Rodeo in early to mid July --- somewhere near Montreal or Ontario?
- 3 Preclearing US customs in Canada
- 4 Vancouver + Vancouver Island August Trip
- 5 Need help, can't decide
- 6 Hike/Trail recommendations in Banff?
- 7 Parksville Or Nanaimo
- 8 NIAGARA FALLS TO RAPID CITY MOST SCENIC ROUTE PLEASE
- 9 Info about Visiting Yoho's Lake O'Hara, please!
- 10 Transportation from Toronto to Niagara Falls
- 11 Reservations needed for BC ferries between Tsawwassen and Swartz Bay?
- 12 2 weeks in vancouver with small baby
- 13 How similar are the Tofino area of B.C. and the San Juan Islands of WA state?
- 14 help! quebec city with a toddler.
- 15 Sidney, Pender, Galiano, Saturna - best route?
- 16 Brier Island versus Digby (or Annapolis Royal)
- 17 Road Trip from Montreal to PEI to Cape Breton
- 18 Hotel or B and B in Halifax
- 19 chartered power boat trip for family of 5 from Vancouver Island
- 20 Having difficulty finding lodging in Tofino
- 21 13 nights; 12 days in British Columbia - need itinerary
- 22 train travel
- 23 Montreal Hotel for First Time Visitors
- 24 Rental Car Canada and MT
- 25 Canada Rockies train trip + parks