I normally post in the Africa forum as I almost always do safaris. But this time we tried something a little different.
We visited Vancouver Island, did whale- and bear-trips at Telegraph Cove, crossed over to the sunshine coast, drove to Jasper, and then further north to the Rockies and back down to Vancouver. In this 2nd part of the trip we did a lot of Provincial- and National parks; Wells Gray, Mt. Robson, Jasper, Banff, Yoho, Kootenay, Glacier, Mt. Revelstoke.
We were with 6 in one vehicle and used only B&B's or lodges. Our ages; 37 to 65 (so itinerary was adapted to that).
For a trip report including plenty of pics, see here;
( yes I know it's on a safari forum. Force of habit! )
If you have questions; just ask!
Trip report; Vancouver Island to Rockies and back
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Which Ferry from Victoria to Vancouver?
- 2 Driving from Spokane WA to Waterton Lakes
- 3 Alberta Wildfires
- 4 What do you think of this itinerary Ontario-Qebec trip?
- 5 Grouse or Whistler?
- 6 East Coast Road Trip from Halifax to Toronto
- 7 Driving from Kelowna to Whistler
- 8 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 9 NS and PEI with kids - please help with the road map
- 10 Toronto airport
- 11 Summer Hiking in and around Whistler plus Itinerary help
- 12 Favourite destination in Canada?
- 13 Road trip to Maritimes in July
- 14 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.
- 15 17 days in Newfoundland - a good start!
- 16 Victoria Suite Hotel advice
- 17 Montreal to Quebec by train
- 18 Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, or Prince Edward Island? 10-17 days
- 19 Adirondacks to Montreal to Quebec City with Kids End of August
- 20 Banff or canmore
- 21 One Day in Niagra falls with kids
- 22 Need advice - Vancouver to Victoria and back
- 23 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 24 Niagara Falls Canada
- 25 Niagara on the Lake