My wife and I are planning a driving vacation in Auguest from NYC through Montreal and Quebec City to St. Andrews, NB and then back to NYC. We plan on driving from Quebec City to Riviere du Loop along the Highway and then along the coast to St. Flave. I am hoping that is a very scenic drive. From there we plan on driving through Campbellton, Bathhurst, Moncton and Saint John to St. Andrew. We are plannin on doing that with two nights out. Is that doable or do we need three nights. I love driving on rough country roads so that is not an issue. Also where along the route would you recommend spending the nights? First night I suspect would be somewhere between St. Flavie and Campbellton. Second night around Shadiac or in Moncton or there abouts. Any recommendations for places to stay. We have reservations in Quebec at the Chateau Frontenac (a splurge - but we have been there before and love it) and in St. Andrews at the Tara Manor. Any recommendations for where to stay between them on the route? Any restaurant recommendations would also be most welcome. We have been to the Fundy Area many years ago and look forward to the trip. Thanks.
trip from Quebec City to St Andres NB
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Amazon FREE Kindle book - Time Management
- 2 Stay inside Algonquin park
- 3 NB, PEI, Nova Scotia in Oct
- 4 Quebec City - week before Christmas or New Year
- 5 Good Restaurants nearby Niagra?
- 6 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 7 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 8 Brian zucker : choosing between Toronto and Niagara falls
- 9 Orange County car services for birthdays
- 10 Rockies Weather Profile for September?
- 11 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 12 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 13 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 14 gasrun.ca, ever wonder how much it costs to drive from A to B?
- 15 Halifax-PEI
- 16 PEI and Nova Scotia
- 17 4 days in Vancouver Island
- 18 Torn about our July multi-generation vacation
- 19 Montreal for work -- what to see?
- 20 Connecticut to Nova Scotia
- 21 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 22 Quebec City hotel near VIA Rail station
- 23 Need help planning travel around New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 24 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 25 Aloft or Sheraton near Montreal Airport