My wife and I are planning a driving vacation in Auguest from NYC through Montreal and Quebec City to St. Andrews, NB and then back to NYC. We plan on driving from Quebec City to Riviere du Loop along the Highway and then along the coast to St. Flave. I am hoping that is a very scenic drive. From there we plan on driving through Campbellton, Bathhurst, Moncton and Saint John to St. Andrew. We are plannin on doing that with two nights out. Is that doable or do we need three nights. I love driving on rough country roads so that is not an issue. Also where along the route would you recommend spending the nights? First night I suspect would be somewhere between St. Flavie and Campbellton. Second night around Shadiac or in Moncton or there abouts. Any recommendations for places to stay. We have reservations in Quebec at the Chateau Frontenac (a splurge - but we have been there before and love it) and in St. Andrews at the Tara Manor. Any recommendations for where to stay between them on the route? Any restaurant recommendations would also be most welcome. We have been to the Fundy Area many years ago and look forward to the trip. Thanks.
trip from Quebec City to St Andres NB
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 2 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 3 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 4 Adventures in Canada
- 5 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 6 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 7 Does the Easter Bunny visit Canada?
- 8 NYC to Montreal by train
- 9 Camping in Canada: sleeping with bears
- 10 Tent trailer camping tips? Ontario to Nanaimo (Summer 2014) with 2 kids
- 11 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 12 Any reviews of Wildland Tours?
- 13 Where to stay in Banff?
- 14 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 15 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 16 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 17 Transport of cremated remains
- 18 Rockies trip in June.
- 19 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 20 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 21 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 22 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 23 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 24 7 Days in Newfoundland
- 25 boarder crossing question