I am ready to start traveling alone. First stop Montreal Canada, simply because it is cheap on Amtrak and I would be coming from New York City.
Is Montreal a safe place to travel alone as a female? Is it worth me traveling there? What is there to do and see, I am ready to be a tourist! Remember I am from NYC, so I want a change of scenery but I want the scenery to be worth the money lol
Do I need to speak french?
Has anyone ever been there? If so, what is there to do? Once I get to the Amtrak train station in Montreal will I be able to catch a cab? I'm thinking about staying at a Bed and Breakfast, but of course I want it to be in the metro area where I can easily get to tourist attractions. Any suggestions on which bed and breakfast to stay at?
I want to travel there this month. Also any tips on the weather?
Thanks, any help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Early 30's Couple Spending Two weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 2 Preliminary Newfoundland Itinerary
- 3 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 4 Newfoundland Itinerary help
- 5 Places about 40 minutes from Toronto
- 6 Itinerary Help - Vancouver Area
- 7 Long Weekend Toronto
- 8 Cape Breton Island in second half of May
- 9 Vancouver transportation from Port to Airport
- 10 Vancouver Island in 8 day
- 11 1 Night between Charlotteown & Halifax
- 12 Help planning trip to Calgary/Lake Louise
- 13 roadtrip from Niagara Falls ON to east coast
- 14 Newfoundland Trip Ideas - August
- 15 My Trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 16 My first trip to Toronto
- 17 Apartments in Montreal and Quebec
- 18 where to stay in Prince Edward Island
- 19 Shuttle service from YYZ
- 20 East Coast Road trip from Ottawa to NB, PEI, NS (14 days door-to-door)
- 21 Visa required in Victoria for 6 hour cruise ship stop?
- 22 Cross border rental
- 23 Day or Weekend trips from Toronto
- 24 East Coast this July.
- 25 Need help planning a trip from East Coast to Montreal