I am ready to start traveling alone. First stop Montreal Canada, simply because it is cheap on Amtrak and I would be coming from New York City.
Is Montreal a safe place to travel alone as a female? Is it worth me traveling there? What is there to do and see, I am ready to be a tourist! Remember I am from NYC, so I want a change of scenery but I want the scenery to be worth the money lol
Do I need to speak french?
Has anyone ever been there? If so, what is there to do? Once I get to the Amtrak train station in Montreal will I be able to catch a cab? I'm thinking about staying at a Bed and Breakfast, but of course I want it to be in the metro area where I can easily get to tourist attractions. Any suggestions on which bed and breakfast to stay at?
I want to travel there this month. Also any tips on the weather?
Thanks, any help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 good lobster roll
- 2 When to Visit Canadian Rockies
- 3 Western Ontario and Manitoba Drive
- 4 Canada in Feb 2016
- 5 King City and surrounding
- 6 Georgia to Fairbanks
- 7 20 hour layover
- 8 Montreal or Toronto?
- 9 Is my itinerary the best Ontario loop?
- 10 Great Canadian Bungee: watch me jump!
- 11 One night in Calgary - accommodation suggestions please
- 12 Which boat trip to take under the Falls
- 13 Montreal for two days -- mini TR
- 14 VYR to Victoria Inner Harbour
- 15 montreal to Manchester leaf peeping
- 16 Vancouver/Victoria Honeymoon
- 17 cheap Toronto airport hotel
- 18 My husband cheated and I'm moving away! PEI, Newfoundland or Nova Scotia?
- 19 Trip Report--Canadian Rockies
- 20 Barberian's Steak House, Toronto: dcguy477
- 21 YYZ - QC - NB - NS - PEI Road Trip!
- 22 Child booster seat requirement
- 23 Jasper vacation home/condo rental for 5
- 24 Visiting Toronto
- 25 which hotel in Vancouver