I am ready to start traveling alone. First stop Montreal Canada, simply because it is cheap on Amtrak and I would be coming from New York City.
Is Montreal a safe place to travel alone as a female? Is it worth me traveling there? What is there to do and see, I am ready to be a tourist! Remember I am from NYC, so I want a change of scenery but I want the scenery to be worth the money lol
Do I need to speak french?
Has anyone ever been there? If so, what is there to do? Once I get to the Amtrak train station in Montreal will I be able to catch a cab? I'm thinking about staying at a Bed and Breakfast, but of course I want it to be in the metro area where I can easily get to tourist attractions. Any suggestions on which bed and breakfast to stay at?
I want to travel there this month. Also any tips on the weather?
Thanks, any help is appreciated.
Traveling Alone in Montreal/Female
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Arriving Montreal, leaving Albany. Best mode for in between?
- 2 Travelling from Edmonton to Vancouver - via Jasper
- 3 Seeking Advice on Banff/Jasper trip Fall 2015
- 4 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 5 looking 12 passenger van rental vancouver
- 6 Layovers in Toronto and Montreal - Ideas?
- 7 Seeking advice for itinerary Waterton and Glacier National Park
- 8 Fall Quebec/Montreal - best time to go?
- 9 Do Canadians need to take the Liablity Insurance when traveling in Florida?
- 10 18 nights in Newfoundland
- 11 Help us see Vancouver island
- 12 Need Help Exploring Best of Vancouver Island Over 4 Days
- 13 Journey series CAD
- 14 Madrid or Montreal
- 15 Help with Kelowna
- 16 Best Scenic Route from Moncton (NB) to Quebec City ??
- 17 9 nights in Nfld
- 18 10 days in The Maritimes
- 19 2 days in Vancouver
- 20 Vancouver
- 21 June trip to: Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper/Via Rail to Vancouver
- 22 Vancouver bike shops and cross Canada what to see
- 23 Imminent travel to Vancouver, Whistler and Calgary. Tips plz!
- 24 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 25 Travelling from Toronto to Quebec City and New Brunswick