I am ready to start traveling alone. First stop Montreal Canada, simply because it is cheap on Amtrak and I would be coming from New York City.
Is Montreal a safe place to travel alone as a female? Is it worth me traveling there? What is there to do and see, I am ready to be a tourist! Remember I am from NYC, so I want a change of scenery but I want the scenery to be worth the money lol
Do I need to speak french?
Has anyone ever been there? If so, what is there to do? Once I get to the Amtrak train station in Montreal will I be able to catch a cab? I'm thinking about staying at a Bed and Breakfast, but of course I want it to be in the metro area where I can easily get to tourist attractions. Any suggestions on which bed and breakfast to stay at?
I want to travel there this month. Also any tips on the weather?
Thanks, any help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 2 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 3 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 4 Temporary residency in Canada
- 5 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 6 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 7 water filtration
- 8 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 9 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 10 Western Canada in August
- 11 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 12 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 13 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 14 Jasper with two elderly
- 15 Dempster highway in early September
- 16 jasper
- 17 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 18 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 19 Toronto-afternoon tea
- 20 BC Ferries Experience Card
- 21 Banff, and Glacier National Park
- 22 Canadian Layover - OVI deemed Inadmissable
- 23 Pearson Canada Customs from Boston
- 24 Whistler Shuttle Bus
- 25 Banff