I am ready to start traveling alone. First stop Montreal Canada, simply because it is cheap on Amtrak and I would be coming from New York City.
Is Montreal a safe place to travel alone as a female? Is it worth me traveling there? What is there to do and see, I am ready to be a tourist! Remember I am from NYC, so I want a change of scenery but I want the scenery to be worth the money lol
Do I need to speak french?
Has anyone ever been there? If so, what is there to do? Once I get to the Amtrak train station in Montreal will I be able to catch a cab? I'm thinking about staying at a Bed and Breakfast, but of course I want it to be in the metro area where I can easily get to tourist attractions. Any suggestions on which bed and breakfast to stay at?
I want to travel there this month. Also any tips on the weather?
Thanks, any help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Underwhelmed by Montreal - any suggestions?
- 2 Forming itinerary--Moraine Lake to Jasper to Banff Springs this Sept.
- 3 Granville Island
- 4 Where to Eat & Drink in Vancouver!
- 5 Good eats and car question NS
- 6 Nova Scotia vs Newfoundland
- 7 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 8 VIA Rail Ocean - Which Direction?
- 9 MUST SEE/DO VANCOUVER, BC
- 10 Western Ontario and Manitoba Drive
- 11 road trip toronto to nova scotia
- 12 Road Trip to Montreal from Chicago
- 13 car needed in Vancouver?
- 14 Trip to Banff from Glacier National Park
- 15 Marriott Chateau Champlain Vs. Le Square Phillips Hotel
- 16 Marriott Chateau Champlain beside Bell Centre
- 17 Which Marriott hotel in Montreal?
- 18 2 weeks in maritime provinces
- 19 YYZ Transit Lounge
- 20 10 days in NB, Nova Scotia, and PEI
- 21 Transportation from airport into downtown Vancouver
- 22 Vancouver in July
- 23 Vancouver Suspension Bridges
- 24 Are ferry reservations needed Vancouver to Victoria?
- 25 9 days newfoundland