I am ready to start traveling alone. First stop Montreal Canada, simply because it is cheap on Amtrak and I would be coming from New York City.
Is Montreal a safe place to travel alone as a female? Is it worth me traveling there? What is there to do and see, I am ready to be a tourist! Remember I am from NYC, so I want a change of scenery but I want the scenery to be worth the money lol
Do I need to speak french?
Has anyone ever been there? If so, what is there to do? Once I get to the Amtrak train station in Montreal will I be able to catch a cab? I'm thinking about staying at a Bed and Breakfast, but of course I want it to be in the metro area where I can easily get to tourist attractions. Any suggestions on which bed and breakfast to stay at?
I want to travel there this month. Also any tips on the weather?
Thanks, any help is appreciated.
Traveling Alone in Montreal/Female
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Confused about VIA rail options - upper berth, cabin?
- 2 season greetings
- 3 Taxi Stand near Saint Jean Baptiste in Montreal
- 4 December activities for kids in downtown Toronto?
- 5 Toronto: where to stay?
- 6 Alberta????
- 7 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 8 moving from Saskatchewan - choices
- 9 Ottawa and Montreal New Years
- 10 Wifi rental
- 11 Your favorite travel web sites?
- 12 Short term lodging
- 13 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 14 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 15 Vancouver island or Northern West
- 16 Vancouver top restaurant
- 17 Montreal Entertainment
- 18 Heli skiing in March
- 19 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 20 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 21 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 22 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 23 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 24 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 25 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise