I am ready to start traveling alone. First stop Montreal Canada, simply because it is cheap on Amtrak and I would be coming from New York City.
Is Montreal a safe place to travel alone as a female? Is it worth me traveling there? What is there to do and see, I am ready to be a tourist! Remember I am from NYC, so I want a change of scenery but I want the scenery to be worth the money lol
Do I need to speak french?
Has anyone ever been there? If so, what is there to do? Once I get to the Amtrak train station in Montreal will I be able to catch a cab? I'm thinking about staying at a Bed and Breakfast, but of course I want it to be in the metro area where I can easily get to tourist attractions. Any suggestions on which bed and breakfast to stay at?
I want to travel there this month. Also any tips on the weather?
Thanks, any help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 A week in Eastern Newfoundland
- 2 Road trip from Toronto to New Brunswick and back
- 3 Vancouver 2016 Trip Report
- 4 Calgary-Vancouver-Calgary 12-day road trip
- 5 Seattle/Vancouver Retreat
- 6 a visit to st john's one of the oldest cities
- 7 Need Help for First Trip to Toronto
- 8 Maritimes Trip - First Time 2016
- 9 Transporation - Quebec City to Montreal?
- 10 How were you treated in Quebec?
- 11 ideas for a short trip near Niagara
- 12 Dog Sled, Aurora & Niagara!!
- 13 Banff / Jasper 6 days
- 14 Road Trip to Calgary
- 15 Montreal to Quebec Ciry
- 16 A Week in Nova Scotia
- 17 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
- 18 Thousand Islands - Hiking
- 19 Seattle/ONP/Vancouver/Whistler
- 20 Chicago to London, ON, Canada
- 21 Eating lobster
- 22 Two Wonderful Weeks in the Maritimes
- 23 PEI Beach rentals and local eateries
- 24 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days
- 25 Michigan to Quebec City road trip w/ an infant