I am ready to start traveling alone. First stop Montreal Canada, simply because it is cheap on Amtrak and I would be coming from New York City.
Is Montreal a safe place to travel alone as a female? Is it worth me traveling there? What is there to do and see, I am ready to be a tourist! Remember I am from NYC, so I want a change of scenery but I want the scenery to be worth the money lol
Do I need to speak french?
Has anyone ever been there? If so, what is there to do? Once I get to the Amtrak train station in Montreal will I be able to catch a cab? I'm thinking about staying at a Bed and Breakfast, but of course I want it to be in the metro area where I can easily get to tourist attractions. Any suggestions on which bed and breakfast to stay at?
I want to travel there this month. Also any tips on the weather?
Thanks, any help is appreciated.
Traveling Alone in Montreal/Female
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Quebec road trip excluding Montreal and Quebec City -- suggestions?
- 2 Montreal vs Quebec City for Canada Day
- 3 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 4 Questions about future trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 5 Driving from Victoria to Tofino
- 6 Victoria
- 7 Help us see Vancouver island
- 8 Newfoundland and Labrador with young children
- 9 Whistler, Jasper, Banff 13 nights, thoughts on must see/dos?
- 10 Ottawa, Montreal and Quabec in 10 days late November ?
- 11 The hotel called one king west in Toronto
- 12 NOTL weather in Sept
- 13 Calgary Banff LL Edmonton
- 14 Banff and Jasper National Parks
- 15 Visit to Nova Scotia and PEI
- 16 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 17 birthday trip
- 18 3 Days in Newfoundland
- 19 Vancouver - Seattle - Portland
- 20 Best hikes in Banff
- 21 Hotels in Toronto
- 22 Advice trip to Canada
- 23 Martimes Vacation: flying from Wpg to Halifax (2 weeks)
- 24 Credit Valley Explorer Railway Timetable and Prices
- 25 Fundy Parkway NB vs Cabot Trail Cape Breton NS - if you had to choose?