I am ready to start traveling alone. First stop Montreal Canada, simply because it is cheap on Amtrak and I would be coming from New York City.
Is Montreal a safe place to travel alone as a female? Is it worth me traveling there? What is there to do and see, I am ready to be a tourist! Remember I am from NYC, so I want a change of scenery but I want the scenery to be worth the money lol
Do I need to speak french?
Has anyone ever been there? If so, what is there to do? Once I get to the Amtrak train station in Montreal will I be able to catch a cab? I'm thinking about staying at a Bed and Breakfast, but of course I want it to be in the metro area where I can easily get to tourist attractions. Any suggestions on which bed and breakfast to stay at?
I want to travel there this month. Also any tips on the weather?
Thanks, any help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 travel to Lake Louise
- 2 Quebec City in January
- 3 Teta’s Mediterranean Kitchen & Bakery
- 4 Montreal in April
- 5 extremely good dietary supplement
- 6 Need help planning a trip from East Coast to Montreal
- 7 Corporate party
- 8 Quebec & Montreal + Wheelchair
- 9 14 day road trip itinerary from Calgary to Vancouver
- 10 Aussies first trip to NS, PEI & NB
- 11 Hotels in Quebec City
- 12 Northern Lights
- 13 Flying from Toronto to London
- 14 Rental car
- 15 Toronto 4 Nights - Must Do?
- 16 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 17 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 18 Cross country drive
- 19 For Those Who Struggle With Quebec French
- 20 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 21 Girls Weekend in Toronto
- 22 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 23 Vancouver - Need restaurant suggestions Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
- 24 Ashisgh Dewan requires advice for Canada Toronto Trip
- 25 Toronto - which neighbourhood should we stay in?