I am ready to start traveling alone. First stop Montreal Canada, simply because it is cheap on Amtrak and I would be coming from New York City.
Is Montreal a safe place to travel alone as a female? Is it worth me traveling there? What is there to do and see, I am ready to be a tourist! Remember I am from NYC, so I want a change of scenery but I want the scenery to be worth the money lol
Do I need to speak french?
Has anyone ever been there? If so, what is there to do? Once I get to the Amtrak train station in Montreal will I be able to catch a cab? I'm thinking about staying at a Bed and Breakfast, but of course I want it to be in the metro area where I can easily get to tourist attractions. Any suggestions on which bed and breakfast to stay at?
I want to travel there this month. Also any tips on the weather?
Thanks, any help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Montreal, Quebec City and Vermont
- 2 Victoria?
- 3 Marvellous Montreal
- 4 Pacific Northwest Itinerary Help: Victoria, Vancouver, Whistler, Seattle
- 5 Vancouver for Christmas
- 6 Vancouver, Mountains, Public Transit
- 7 Wheelchair accessible trails, sights, activities, etc?
- 8 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.
- 9 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 10 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 11 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 12 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 13 Road trip to Maritime Provinces
- 14 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 15 Need travel help from Toronto to Vermont!
- 16 Cape Breton Island and Nova Scotia
- 17 One afternoon/night in Calgary.
- 18 Running in Jasper in late summer
- 19 Accomodation in Whistler, B.C.
- 20 Canadian Rockies Itinerary input?
- 21 Opinions on a rental service in Toronto
- 22 Niagara-on-the-Lake B&B for One In Town
- 23 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 24 Quebec-Montreal in Summer
- 25 Would you stay in Quesnel?