I am ready to start traveling alone. First stop Montreal Canada, simply because it is cheap on Amtrak and I would be coming from New York City.
Is Montreal a safe place to travel alone as a female? Is it worth me traveling there? What is there to do and see, I am ready to be a tourist! Remember I am from NYC, so I want a change of scenery but I want the scenery to be worth the money lol
Do I need to speak french?
Has anyone ever been there? If so, what is there to do? Once I get to the Amtrak train station in Montreal will I be able to catch a cab? I'm thinking about staying at a Bed and Breakfast, but of course I want it to be in the metro area where I can easily get to tourist attractions. Any suggestions on which bed and breakfast to stay at?
I want to travel there this month. Also any tips on the weather?
Thanks, any help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Is my itinerary the best Ontario loop?
- 2 Kensington Market
- 3 hotel in vancouver
- 4 trip report Quebec City and Montreal
- 5 5 days in Banff and Lake Lousie
- 6 Forming itinerary--Moraine Lake to Jasper to Banff Springs this Sept.
- 7 Thoughts on a honeymoon in Quebec City
- 8 Best place for wedding flowers
- 9 PEI/Bay of Fundy or PEI/Cape Breton in 5 nights/6 days
- 10 yarmouth,nova scotia
- 11 Underwhelmed by Montreal - any suggestions?
- 12 Toronto Breakfast Places
- 13 Quebec Restaurant Suggestions
- 14 Ideas for extra night traveling from Canmore to Spokane
- 15 Visiting Toronto 2 days
- 16 Rainy Lake fishing trip
- 17 Trip to Niagara Falls/Toronto/Montreal/Quebec
- 18 NH to Nova Scotia
- 19 planning 3 weeks trip in western Canada
- 20 Banff Area In October
- 21 Venue for destination wedding!!
- 22 Is Prince Edward Island worth just a few hours?
- 23 Niagara Falls Advise
- 24 Ottawa recs?
- 25 Pow Wow, feating with Canadian aboriginals