I am ready to start traveling alone. First stop Montreal Canada, simply because it is cheap on Amtrak and I would be coming from New York City.
Is Montreal a safe place to travel alone as a female? Is it worth me traveling there? What is there to do and see, I am ready to be a tourist! Remember I am from NYC, so I want a change of scenery but I want the scenery to be worth the money lol
Do I need to speak french?
Has anyone ever been there? If so, what is there to do? Once I get to the Amtrak train station in Montreal will I be able to catch a cab? I'm thinking about staying at a Bed and Breakfast, but of course I want it to be in the metro area where I can easily get to tourist attractions. Any suggestions on which bed and breakfast to stay at?
I want to travel there this month. Also any tips on the weather?
Thanks, any help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 2 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 3 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 4 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 5 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 6 Icefields Parkway
- 7 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 8 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 9 Travel agencies in Toronto, ON, Canada
- 10 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 11 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 12 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 13 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 14 Banff to Jasper and back
- 15 Canmore for a few days
- 16 Keltic Lodge
- 17 The Canadian
- 18 2 weeks ‘corridor’, lowbudget daytrips by public bus, book on the spot?
- 19 Road from Calgary to Whitehorse
- 20 Restaurants in Jasper, Alberta
- 21 Getting from Vancouver to Nanaimo without a car
- 22 Going from Banff to Many Glacier without flying
- 23 East to West, Roadtrip
- 24 Tent camping with a dog
- 25 Help with Victoria get away