I am ready to start traveling alone. First stop Montreal Canada, simply because it is cheap on Amtrak and I would be coming from New York City.
Is Montreal a safe place to travel alone as a female? Is it worth me traveling there? What is there to do and see, I am ready to be a tourist! Remember I am from NYC, so I want a change of scenery but I want the scenery to be worth the money lol
Do I need to speak french?
Has anyone ever been there? If so, what is there to do? Once I get to the Amtrak train station in Montreal will I be able to catch a cab? I'm thinking about staying at a Bed and Breakfast, but of course I want it to be in the metro area where I can easily get to tourist attractions. Any suggestions on which bed and breakfast to stay at?
I want to travel there this month. Also any tips on the weather?
Thanks, any help is appreciated.
Traveling Alone in Montreal/Female
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 2 How do I get from Calgary to Glacier National Park or near by?
- 3 Restaurant with amazing view (and decent food) Whistler
- 4 Activities for Children in Vancouver
- 5 Montreal Questions
- 6 Romantic destination in Canada
- 7 Travel Guide to Quebec
- 8 Travel Guide to Quebec
- 9 Newfoundland and Labrador with young children
- 10 Trip report/Burlington, VT to Quebec City to Charlevoix
- 11 Vancouver
- 12 Need help planning a Nova Scotia/PEI trip
- 13 Jasper and Banff
- 14 Traveling Banff, Vancouver and Seattle
- 15 Vancouver to Tofino on Orca Air -- Connection Time Question
- 16 Furnished suites in Toronto T
- 17 BC Place Parking or Transit Recommendations Please
- 18 Nova Scotia
- 19 Travelling from NYC to Montreal
- 20 Need Help Exploring Best of Vancouver Island Over 4 Days
- 21 Trip to Vancouver in June
- 22 Vancouver-Torino-Whistler-Banff-Canmore-Calgary August Road trip
- 23 Great Lakes Car Ferries
- 24 Car rental in Victoria, BC
- 25 7 day family itinerary to Nova Scotia needed