Hey all, I'm about to take off from FL this May to travel cross-country, in the most extreme of terms... I'm just in the brainstorming phase now... researching, hours on the internet, it's so hard to make decisions. I've got it all figured out from FL to the NW corner of WA I've looked into the Alaska Marine Hwy, but at the beginning of high-season, it's gonna cost me about $2,000 to get me, Kona (my lil black cat) with a cabin, since I have to sleep somewhere & my vehicle from Bellingham to Whittier. It'd be cool, save me some mileage and worry about trying to take the scenic route (and potentially dangerous route as a SOLO female traveler, not to mention, camping in an unknown territory with new dangers I'm not accustomed to like bear that want to eat Kona and can smell my food from miles away). That's something I think I'd like to do with a cool person I meet in Anchorage during my 13 week contract, ON THE WAY BACK, in early Sept maybe. I don't know..... I know it's better weather in May/June for camping. Then I think, maybe I should drive up the Stewart-Cassiar, and come back on the ferry when the prices go down in Sept.... Any suggestions??? I will be able to drive longer hours probably on the way up, since it'll be about 19 hrs of daylight-ish. Ergh. I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed right now. I'm not in it to be gung-ho tourist. I just want to get there and I'll be able to spread my wings during my 13 weeks there as an RN, since I only have to work 3 days a week! Thanks in advance.
Travel RN to take the Stewart Cassiar in late May/early June with kitty?!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 2 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 3 Camping in Canada: sleeping with bears
- 4 NYC to Montreal by train
- 5 Any reviews of Wildland Tours?
- 6 Where to stay in Banff?
- 7 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 8 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 9 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 10 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 11 Transport of cremated remains
- 12 Rockies trip in June.
- 13 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 14 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 15 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 16 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 17 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 18 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 19 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 20 7 Days in Newfoundland
- 21 boarder crossing question
- 22 Best Areas to Stay in Montreal
- 23 Calgary hotel help needed
- 24 Air Canada vs Westjet for flight to Barbados from Toronto
- 25 a week in St John's, NL