Hey all, I'm about to take off from FL this May to travel cross-country, in the most extreme of terms... I'm just in the brainstorming phase now... researching, hours on the internet, it's so hard to make decisions. I've got it all figured out from FL to the NW corner of WA I've looked into the Alaska Marine Hwy, but at the beginning of high-season, it's gonna cost me about $2,000 to get me, Kona (my lil black cat) with a cabin, since I have to sleep somewhere & my vehicle from Bellingham to Whittier. It'd be cool, save me some mileage and worry about trying to take the scenic route (and potentially dangerous route as a SOLO female traveler, not to mention, camping in an unknown territory with new dangers I'm not accustomed to like bear that want to eat Kona and can smell my food from miles away). That's something I think I'd like to do with a cool person I meet in Anchorage during my 13 week contract, ON THE WAY BACK, in early Sept maybe. I don't know..... I know it's better weather in May/June for camping. Then I think, maybe I should drive up the Stewart-Cassiar, and come back on the ferry when the prices go down in Sept.... Any suggestions??? I will be able to drive longer hours probably on the way up, since it'll be about 19 hrs of daylight-ish. Ergh. I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed right now. I'm not in it to be gung-ho tourist. I just want to get there and I'll be able to spread my wings during my 13 weeks there as an RN, since I only have to work 3 days a week! Thanks in advance.
Travel RN to take the Stewart Cassiar in late May/early June with kitty?!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 2 Canada in winter
- 3 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 4 Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI and Newfoundland in 7-9 days?
- 5 Relaxing Honeymoon
- 6 What do you think of Boston to Ottawa trip?
- 7 7 Days in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 8 Victoria Dining
- 9 Northern Lights
- 10 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 11 Are plug adaptors needed?
- 12 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 13 Fall Montreal weekend with 11-year-old daughter
- 14 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 15 Mackenzie/Prince George BC - Safety & Car info needed
- 16 The Canadian - Toronto to Vancouver by Train - Part 1
- 17 Searching for the `Northern Lights`
- 18 Looking for custom wine tour from Vernon, BC
- 19 how to search for owls in winter
- 20 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 21 Help us see Vancouver island
- 22 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 23 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 24 Lodging in Lake Louise
- 25 Montreal Hop on hopoff bus