Hey all, I'm about to take off from FL this May to travel cross-country, in the most extreme of terms... I'm just in the brainstorming phase now... researching, hours on the internet, it's so hard to make decisions. I've got it all figured out from FL to the NW corner of WA I've looked into the Alaska Marine Hwy, but at the beginning of high-season, it's gonna cost me about $2,000 to get me, Kona (my lil black cat) with a cabin, since I have to sleep somewhere & my vehicle from Bellingham to Whittier. It'd be cool, save me some mileage and worry about trying to take the scenic route (and potentially dangerous route as a SOLO female traveler, not to mention, camping in an unknown territory with new dangers I'm not accustomed to like bear that want to eat Kona and can smell my food from miles away). That's something I think I'd like to do with a cool person I meet in Anchorage during my 13 week contract, ON THE WAY BACK, in early Sept maybe. I don't know..... I know it's better weather in May/June for camping. Then I think, maybe I should drive up the Stewart-Cassiar, and come back on the ferry when the prices go down in Sept.... Any suggestions??? I will be able to drive longer hours probably on the way up, since it'll be about 19 hrs of daylight-ish. Ergh. I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed right now. I'm not in it to be gung-ho tourist. I just want to get there and I'll be able to spread my wings during my 13 weeks there as an RN, since I only have to work 3 days a week! Thanks in advance.
Travel RN to take the Stewart Cassiar in late May/early June with kitty?!
View all Canada activity »
- 1 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 2 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 3 Camping in Banff & Jasper Natl Parks
- 4 VANCOUVER AUGUST 2014
- 5 Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver - May/June 14
- 6 Recommended language schools in Montreal or Quebec City?
- 7 Christmas Eve Dinner in Quebec City with kids
- 8 alberta is experiencing a big storm dec 2
- 9 Looking for suggestions: Banff activities for 7-year old
- 10 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 11 Ucluelet or Tofino
- 12 Banff/Canmore, Lake Louise (Field?) and Jasper in July
- 13 Golden, British Columbia
- 14 Northern Lights at Banff National Park in Winter?
- 15 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 16 Best time of year and place for salmon fishing
- 17 tofino kayaking and fishing
- 18 Hiking Crypt Lake in May
- 19 Trip to Maritime Provinces
- 20 HELP ! Where to move in Vancouver?
- 21 Which area to live in Kelowna? Help please.
- 22 America by Rail
- 23 trip - Calgary, Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise -- where to stay?
- 24 Travel partner to Banff AB
- 25 Canadians with second home in Phoenix -- gift ideas?