Hey all, I'm about to take off from FL this May to travel cross-country, in the most extreme of terms... I'm just in the brainstorming phase now... researching, hours on the internet, it's so hard to make decisions. I've got it all figured out from FL to the NW corner of WA I've looked into the Alaska Marine Hwy, but at the beginning of high-season, it's gonna cost me about $2,000 to get me, Kona (my lil black cat) with a cabin, since I have to sleep somewhere & my vehicle from Bellingham to Whittier. It'd be cool, save me some mileage and worry about trying to take the scenic route (and potentially dangerous route as a SOLO female traveler, not to mention, camping in an unknown territory with new dangers I'm not accustomed to like bear that want to eat Kona and can smell my food from miles away). That's something I think I'd like to do with a cool person I meet in Anchorage during my 13 week contract, ON THE WAY BACK, in early Sept maybe. I don't know..... I know it's better weather in May/June for camping. Then I think, maybe I should drive up the Stewart-Cassiar, and come back on the ferry when the prices go down in Sept.... Any suggestions??? I will be able to drive longer hours probably on the way up, since it'll be about 19 hrs of daylight-ish. Ergh. I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed right now. I'm not in it to be gung-ho tourist. I just want to get there and I'll be able to spread my wings during my 13 weeks there as an RN, since I only have to work 3 days a week! Thanks in advance.
Travel RN to take the Stewart Cassiar in late May/early June with kitty?!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 2 Rockies trip in June.
- 3 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 4 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 5 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 6 Need tips for this trip
- 7 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 8 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 9 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 10 North Vancouver Island
- 11 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 12 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 13 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 14 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 15 Newfoundland questions
- 16 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 17 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 18 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 19 Itinerary help
- 20 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 21 Montreal/Toronto
- 22 Gros Morne hiking
- 23 Victoria for 2 days
- 24 Early Summer Banff/Lake Louise/Field
- 25 Staying in Vancouver