We are planning a trip to Newfoundland Aug. 23 through Sept. 2. We will take the Ferry from North Sydney, NS to Port aux Basque and then travel through Gros Morne National Park up to St. Anthony then backtrack to Deer Lake and take Route 1 over through Gander and on to St. John's and then back to North Sydney by ferry from Argentia. We intend to leave our camper trailer in NS as we don't know anything about the road conditions including hills, grades, etc in NF. We plan to do B&Bs during our visit. Any suggestions on places we must see, stay, eat at, or whatever during our visit. Never having been to NF we would welcome any advice.
Travel in Newfoundland
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 2 Amazon FREE Kindle book - Time Management
- 3 Stay inside Algonquin park
- 4 NB, PEI, Nova Scotia in Oct
- 5 Quebec City - week before Christmas or New Year
- 6 Good Restaurants nearby Niagra?
- 7 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 8 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 9 Brian zucker : choosing between Toronto and Niagara falls
- 10 Orange County car services for birthdays
- 11 Rockies Weather Profile for September?
- 12 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 13 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 14 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 15 gasrun.ca, ever wonder how much it costs to drive from A to B?
- 16 Halifax-PEI
- 17 PEI and Nova Scotia
- 18 4 days in Vancouver Island
- 19 Torn about our July multi-generation vacation
- 20 Montreal for work -- what to see?
- 21 Connecticut to Nova Scotia
- 22 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 23 Quebec City hotel near VIA Rail station
- 24 Need help planning travel around New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 25 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI