We are planning a trip to Newfoundland Aug. 23 through Sept. 2. We will take the Ferry from North Sydney, NS to Port aux Basque and then travel through Gros Morne National Park up to St. Anthony then backtrack to Deer Lake and take Route 1 over through Gander and on to St. John's and then back to North Sydney by ferry from Argentia. We intend to leave our camper trailer in NS as we don't know anything about the road conditions including hills, grades, etc in NF. We plan to do B&Bs during our visit. Any suggestions on places we must see, stay, eat at, or whatever during our visit. Never having been to NF we would welcome any advice.
Travel in Newfoundland
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 2 Rockies trip in June.
- 3 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 4 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 5 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 6 Need tips for this trip
- 7 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 8 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 9 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 10 North Vancouver Island
- 11 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 12 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 13 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 14 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 15 Newfoundland questions
- 16 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 17 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?
- 18 Best way to get from Seattle to Lake Louise/Banff area
- 19 Itinerary help
- 20 Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
- 21 Montreal/Toronto
- 22 Gros Morne hiking
- 23 Victoria for 2 days
- 24 Early Summer Banff/Lake Louise/Field
- 25 Staying in Vancouver