I'll be stopping by Toronto for 4 nights as part of a USA and Canada trip next year, but what confuses me is which neighbourhood to stay in while there (there are so many interesting facets with many of Toronto's neighbourhoods, so its hard to decide). We will also have a car so staying near public transport won't be a problem.
I've been looking into staying Downtown and Queen West area, even possibly near college street but I just wanted a local's opinion on which is better?
Personally when visiting a new place, I like to be where the action is. That is, a location that's close to everything like shopping, bars, nightlife, music venues, coffee joints and mostly importantly - a safe location.
Any help? Thanks in advance local Torontians.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Accommodation in halifax
- 2 VANCOUVER RESTAURANT WITH A VIEW
- 3 Area between Montreal and Lake Champlain, VT
- 4 Itinerary help needed: Seattle, Olympic National Park,Victorian Vancouver
- 5 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 6 Montreal Quebec road trip with kids
- 7 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 8 Two week taster
- 9 Is it possible to drive to Nunavut?
- 10 Part Montreal, Part ?? 9 days
- 11 Fairmont Queen Elizabeth or Hotel Le St. James
- 12 Need help with Banff and Jasper Trip planning
- 13 Translink and itinerary questions
- 14 Driving the Cabot Trail
- 15 Montreal Restaurants
- 16 Victoria Island
- 17 Traveling with your bike
- 18 Would love to hear thoughts on Nova Scotia, NB and a dip into Maine
- 19 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 20 Bay of Fundy
- 21 Buying on Road Trip US>Canada>US
- 22 Banff/Yoho/Kootenay/Jasper Travelers Advice Please
- 23 Icebergs, Whales, Puffins and Potholes - A Newfoundland Adventure
- 24 First Hikes - Flatlanders
- 25 Banff - best route to visit these highlights