I'll be stopping by Toronto for 4 nights as part of a USA and Canada trip next year, but what confuses me is which neighbourhood to stay in while there (there are so many interesting facets with many of Toronto's neighbourhoods, so its hard to decide). We will also have a car so staying near public transport won't be a problem.
I've been looking into staying Downtown and Queen West area, even possibly near college street but I just wanted a local's opinion on which is better?
Personally when visiting a new place, I like to be where the action is. That is, a location that's close to everything like shopping, bars, nightlife, music venues, coffee joints and mostly importantly - a safe location.
Any help? Thanks in advance local Torontians.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 2 Keltic Lodge
- 3 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 4 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 5 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 6 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 7 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 8 Icefields Parkway
- 9 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 10 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 11 Travel agencies in Toronto, ON, Canada
- 12 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 13 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 14 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 15 Banff to Jasper and back
- 16 Canmore for a few days
- 17 The Canadian
- 18 2 weeks ‘corridor’, lowbudget daytrips by public bus, book on the spot?
- 19 Road from Calgary to Whitehorse
- 20 Restaurants in Jasper, Alberta
- 21 Getting from Vancouver to Nanaimo without a car
- 22 Going from Banff to Many Glacier without flying
- 23 East to West, Roadtrip
- 24 Tent camping with a dog
- 25 Help with Victoria get away