This year associated with my parents' visit to Montreal, I'm taking them to big old T.O. for their first time ever. I've been to T.O. a number of times but thought a resident could help me out. with a few questions.
We won't have a car so travelling with my parents presents some challenges. My Dad has knee/hip troubles and while he can walk several blocks without too much difficulty, he needs to take breaks and doesn't want to go overboard walking.... so I'm trying to keep things relatively close to streetcar, subway stops. My priorities are showing them the terrific Queen/Spadina Chinatown and bringing them to the Islands for our 2 day stay.
So my questions are this:
1. I want to take them to a classic Chinatown establishment. Unpretentious, hole-in-the-wall place is fine as long as there's good food. We're not the types to pay an arm and a leg.
2. What's the best way to get to the Islands ferry via transit (starting from say, Union Station)?
3. I remember a terrific Indian restaurant in Yorkville, so I associate Toronto now with great Indian food. Any Indian restaurants more centrally located (see comment above about cost)?
4. I'll probably get the $10.50 day pass; since they're Seniors, they'll I suspect pay the $2 senior fare, which leaves me with a question. My question is if they transfer to a streetcar from subway, do they just show their ticket twice or does one pick up a "transfer"?
Thanks in advance! Daniel
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Portland to Nova Scotia in 5 days???
- 2 Getting a taste of the maritime provinces
- 3 Must-Sees & Must-Dos in Lake Louise
- 4 7 day itinerary of Nova Scotia
- 5 Ottawa recs?
- 6 Wildlife and Polar Bear Tours
- 7 road trip toronto to nova scotia
- 8 Western Ontario and Manitoba Drive
- 9 limited time biking - Eastern Canada
- 10 car needed in Vancouver?
- 11 Forming itinerary--Moraine Lake to Jasper to Banff Springs this Sept.
- 12 Ideas on Newfoundland
- 13 Its vegan capsules ignite the fat loss
- 14 Underwhelmed by Montreal - any suggestions?
- 15 Biking in Eastern Canada
- 16 Granville Island
- 17 Where to Eat & Drink in Vancouver!
- 18 Good eats and car question NS
- 19 Nova Scotia vs Newfoundland
- 20 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 21 VIA Rail Ocean - Which Direction?
- 22 MUST SEE/DO VANCOUVER, BC
- 23 Road Trip to Montreal from Chicago
- 24 Trip to Banff from Glacier National Park
- 25 Marriott Chateau Champlain Vs. Le Square Phillips Hotel
Toronto: transit & transit-accessible Chinatown & Indian restaurant Qs