This year associated with my parents' visit to Montreal, I'm taking them to big old T.O. for their first time ever. I've been to T.O. a number of times but thought a resident could help me out. with a few questions.
We won't have a car so travelling with my parents presents some challenges. My Dad has knee/hip troubles and while he can walk several blocks without too much difficulty, he needs to take breaks and doesn't want to go overboard walking.... so I'm trying to keep things relatively close to streetcar, subway stops. My priorities are showing them the terrific Queen/Spadina Chinatown and bringing them to the Islands for our 2 day stay.
So my questions are this:
1. I want to take them to a classic Chinatown establishment. Unpretentious, hole-in-the-wall place is fine as long as there's good food. We're not the types to pay an arm and a leg.
2. What's the best way to get to the Islands ferry via transit (starting from say, Union Station)?
3. I remember a terrific Indian restaurant in Yorkville, so I associate Toronto now with great Indian food. Any Indian restaurants more centrally located (see comment above about cost)?
4. I'll probably get the $10.50 day pass; since they're Seniors, they'll I suspect pay the $2 senior fare, which leaves me with a question. My question is if they transfer to a streetcar from subway, do they just show their ticket twice or does one pick up a "transfer"?
Thanks in advance! Daniel
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Toronto or Quebec City?
- 2 Niagara Falls in Oct
- 3 Vancouver First Timer - What to do, see?
- 4 quebec city and wine route
- 5 Montreal, Quebec City and Vermont
- 6 A week in Eastern Newfoundland
- 7 Free Family Event in Calgary
- 8 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 9 Vancouver hotel question
- 10 Banff in October
- 11 Please help with BC itinerary
- 12 Gypsy Guide to Driving the Icefield Parkway
- 13 Feedback on itinerary - Mid October Banff/Lake Louise/jasper
- 14 Victoria?
- 15 Fishing Canada. Opinions and Rec's much needed.
- 16 Nova Scotia vs Newfoundland
- 17 Calgary
- 18 Calgary-Banff-Lake Louise-Jasper - Edmonton
- 19 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.
- 20 Cape Breton Trip
- 21 Fall foliage trip -Quebec vs New England
- 22 Toronto - Niagara transportation
- 23 how long will it take to clear customs in FCO airport italy
- 24 Marvellous Montreal
- 25 Propane coolers
Toronto: transit & transit-accessible Chinatown & Indian restaurant Qs