This year associated with my parents' visit to Montreal, I'm taking them to big old T.O. for their first time ever. I've been to T.O. a number of times but thought a resident could help me out. with a few questions.
We won't have a car so travelling with my parents presents some challenges. My Dad has knee/hip troubles and while he can walk several blocks without too much difficulty, he needs to take breaks and doesn't want to go overboard walking.... so I'm trying to keep things relatively close to streetcar, subway stops. My priorities are showing them the terrific Queen/Spadina Chinatown and bringing them to the Islands for our 2 day stay.
So my questions are this:
1. I want to take them to a classic Chinatown establishment. Unpretentious, hole-in-the-wall place is fine as long as there's good food. We're not the types to pay an arm and a leg.
2. What's the best way to get to the Islands ferry via transit (starting from say, Union Station)?
3. I remember a terrific Indian restaurant in Yorkville, so I associate Toronto now with great Indian food. Any Indian restaurants more centrally located (see comment above about cost)?
4. I'll probably get the $10.50 day pass; since they're Seniors, they'll I suspect pay the $2 senior fare, which leaves me with a question. My question is if they transfer to a streetcar from subway, do they just show their ticket twice or does one pick up a "transfer"?
Thanks in advance! Daniel
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 performance athletes require a
- 2 Vancouver/Seattle Trip
- 3 Newfoundland in early June
- 4 HELP: Winnipeg to Grand Forks,ND
- 5 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 6 Toronto to N.F. to Buffalo without a car. Need help.
- 7 Tweak itinerary for Canadian Rockies
- 8 Nova Scotia in July
- 9 Cape Breton in early June
- 10 Magdalen Islands in early June
- 11 Magdalen Islands
- 12 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 13 How to break the drive from Montreal to Niagara falls?
- 14 Is it too late to plan Banff & Jasper for this July?
- 15 Passport question for Int flight
- 16 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days
- 17 Itinerary for 10 day Maritime trip
- 18 Icefields Parkway
- 19 3 Nights in Cape Breton
- 20 Parking in Niagara & Toronto
- 21 Itinerary Needed for Pacific NW, Canadian Rockies & Vancouver
- 22 Driving From Vancouver to Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise all over
- 23 Canadian Rockies (Banff, Yoho, Jasper) in July
- 24 Victoria, Canada
- 25 Car rental drop off fees or change itinerary Victoria to Penticton
Toronto: transit & transit-accessible Chinatown & Indian restaurant Qs