This year associated with my parents' visit to Montreal, I'm taking them to big old T.O. for their first time ever. I've been to T.O. a number of times but thought a resident could help me out. with a few questions.
We won't have a car so travelling with my parents presents some challenges. My Dad has knee/hip troubles and while he can walk several blocks without too much difficulty, he needs to take breaks and doesn't want to go overboard walking.... so I'm trying to keep things relatively close to streetcar, subway stops. My priorities are showing them the terrific Queen/Spadina Chinatown and bringing them to the Islands for our 2 day stay.
So my questions are this:
1. I want to take them to a classic Chinatown establishment. Unpretentious, hole-in-the-wall place is fine as long as there's good food. We're not the types to pay an arm and a leg.
2. What's the best way to get to the Islands ferry via transit (starting from say, Union Station)?
3. I remember a terrific Indian restaurant in Yorkville, so I associate Toronto now with great Indian food. Any Indian restaurants more centrally located (see comment above about cost)?
4. I'll probably get the $10.50 day pass; since they're Seniors, they'll I suspect pay the $2 senior fare, which leaves me with a question. My question is if they transfer to a streetcar from subway, do they just show their ticket twice or does one pick up a "transfer"?
Thanks in advance! Daniel
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 아시안카지노 k y a 7 7 . c o m
- 2 코리아카지노 k y a 7 7 . c o m
- 3 BrITISH COLUMBIA IN 4 DAYS
- 4 HOW I SLEPT WITH MY WIFE’S COUSIN
- 5 Toronto On-demand delivery for tourists
- 6 Honeymoon in Canada. SUGGESTIONS?
- 7 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 8 pure slim 365 contains satiereal
- 9 need accommodation suggestions for Banff and Jasper
- 10 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 11 Nova Scotia and Quebec
- 12 7 Day Trip to PEI and Cape Breton Islands with Vegetarian Options
- 13 Best Jasper Campground
- 14 Freedom of speech in reviews
- 15 RV trip Calgary to Vancouver
- 16 Car Rental from Montreal to Boston
- 17 Victoria in December
- 18 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 19 Opportunity for business loan
- 20 BEWARE! - CAR RENTAL NIGHTMARE! London, Ontario
- 21 Road trip from Minneapolis to Ontario.. suggestions for 91yr old
- 22 Nova Scotia - October
- 23 Smoke at Banff and Jasper?
- 24 Low Altitude Mountain Destinations
- 25 Across Canada by Train
Toronto: transit & transit-accessible Chinatown & Indian restaurant Qs