This year associated with my parents' visit to Montreal, I'm taking them to big old T.O. for their first time ever. I've been to T.O. a number of times but thought a resident could help me out. with a few questions.
We won't have a car so travelling with my parents presents some challenges. My Dad has knee/hip troubles and while he can walk several blocks without too much difficulty, he needs to take breaks and doesn't want to go overboard walking.... so I'm trying to keep things relatively close to streetcar, subway stops. My priorities are showing them the terrific Queen/Spadina Chinatown and bringing them to the Islands for our 2 day stay.
So my questions are this:
1. I want to take them to a classic Chinatown establishment. Unpretentious, hole-in-the-wall place is fine as long as there's good food. We're not the types to pay an arm and a leg.
2. What's the best way to get to the Islands ferry via transit (starting from say, Union Station)?
3. I remember a terrific Indian restaurant in Yorkville, so I associate Toronto now with great Indian food. Any Indian restaurants more centrally located (see comment above about cost)?
4. I'll probably get the $10.50 day pass; since they're Seniors, they'll I suspect pay the $2 senior fare, which leaves me with a question. My question is if they transfer to a streetcar from subway, do they just show their ticket twice or does one pick up a "transfer"?
Thanks in advance! Daniel
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 GET YOUR MARRIAGE AND HEALTH RESTORED TODAY
- 2 Montreal Winery area
- 3 travel to Montreal/Quebec City in July
- 4 Water park near Toronto
- 5 Fastest HVAC service for commercial and residential housing
- 6 4 days in Newfoundland
- 7 Thoughts on a honeymoon in Quebec City
- 8 Banff or Jasper
- 9 road trip Phila to Toronto
- 10 Vancouver Suspension Bridges
- 11 which hotel in Vancouver
- 12 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 13 Banff and Jasper National Parks
- 14 Banff / Golden September weekend
- 15 Bay of Fundy Weekend
- 16 Mothreal/Quebec trip report
- 17 Banff/Jasper/Yoho Parks and Canmore Trip Report
- 18 Biking in Eastern Canada
- 19 Eastern Townships - biking and wine nirvana
- 20 Jasper Day Hikes
- 21 Nova Scotia and PEI highlights in 6days
- 22 Montreal and cruise to Boston
- 23 Montreal for 4 days
- 24 Opinions on 10 days Ontario & Quebec
- 25 Montreal hotel on level ground
Toronto: transit & transit-accessible Chinatown & Indian restaurant Qs