This year associated with my parents' visit to Montreal, I'm taking them to big old T.O. for their first time ever. I've been to T.O. a number of times but thought a resident could help me out. with a few questions.
We won't have a car so travelling with my parents presents some challenges. My Dad has knee/hip troubles and while he can walk several blocks without too much difficulty, he needs to take breaks and doesn't want to go overboard walking.... so I'm trying to keep things relatively close to streetcar, subway stops. My priorities are showing them the terrific Queen/Spadina Chinatown and bringing them to the Islands for our 2 day stay.
So my questions are this:
1. I want to take them to a classic Chinatown establishment. Unpretentious, hole-in-the-wall place is fine as long as there's good food. We're not the types to pay an arm and a leg.
2. What's the best way to get to the Islands ferry via transit (starting from say, Union Station)?
3. I remember a terrific Indian restaurant in Yorkville, so I associate Toronto now with great Indian food. Any Indian restaurants more centrally located (see comment above about cost)?
4. I'll probably get the $10.50 day pass; since they're Seniors, they'll I suspect pay the $2 senior fare, which leaves me with a question. My question is if they transfer to a streetcar from subway, do they just show their ticket twice or does one pick up a "transfer"?
Thanks in advance! Daniel
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Nous vendons subutex 2mg, 8mg, subuxone aux côtés d'autres pilules
- 2 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 3 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 4 What are best Caribbean restaurants in Toronto?
- 5 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 6 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 7 Detroit to Windsor must do's
- 8 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 9 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 10 Temporary residency in Canada
- 11 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 12 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 13 water filtration
- 14 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 15 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 16 Western Canada in August
- 17 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 18 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 19 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 20 Jasper with two elderly
- 21 Dempster highway in early September
- 22 jasper
- 23 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 24 Toronto-afternoon tea
- 25 BC Ferries Experience Card
Toronto: transit & transit-accessible Chinatown & Indian restaurant Qs