This year associated with my parents' visit to Montreal, I'm taking them to big old T.O. for their first time ever. I've been to T.O. a number of times but thought a resident could help me out. with a few questions.
We won't have a car so travelling with my parents presents some challenges. My Dad has knee/hip troubles and while he can walk several blocks without too much difficulty, he needs to take breaks and doesn't want to go overboard walking.... so I'm trying to keep things relatively close to streetcar, subway stops. My priorities are showing them the terrific Queen/Spadina Chinatown and bringing them to the Islands for our 2 day stay.
So my questions are this:
1. I want to take them to a classic Chinatown establishment. Unpretentious, hole-in-the-wall place is fine as long as there's good food. We're not the types to pay an arm and a leg.
2. What's the best way to get to the Islands ferry via transit (starting from say, Union Station)?
3. I remember a terrific Indian restaurant in Yorkville, so I associate Toronto now with great Indian food. Any Indian restaurants more centrally located (see comment above about cost)?
4. I'll probably get the $10.50 day pass; since they're Seniors, they'll I suspect pay the $2 senior fare, which leaves me with a question. My question is if they transfer to a streetcar from subway, do they just show their ticket twice or does one pick up a "transfer"?
Thanks in advance! Daniel
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 2 Keltic Lodge
- 3 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 4 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 5 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 6 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 7 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 8 Icefields Parkway
- 9 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 10 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 11 Travel agencies in Toronto, ON, Canada
- 12 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 13 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 14 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 15 Banff to Jasper and back
- 16 Canmore for a few days
- 17 The Canadian
- 18 2 weeks ‘corridor’, lowbudget daytrips by public bus, book on the spot?
- 19 Road from Calgary to Whitehorse
- 20 Restaurants in Jasper, Alberta
- 21 Getting from Vancouver to Nanaimo without a car
- 22 Going from Banff to Many Glacier without flying
- 23 East to West, Roadtrip
- 24 Tent camping with a dog
- 25 Help with Victoria get away
Toronto: transit & transit-accessible Chinatown & Indian restaurant Qs