This year associated with my parents' visit to Montreal, I'm taking them to big old T.O. for their first time ever. I've been to T.O. a number of times but thought a resident could help me out. with a few questions.
We won't have a car so travelling with my parents presents some challenges. My Dad has knee/hip troubles and while he can walk several blocks without too much difficulty, he needs to take breaks and doesn't want to go overboard walking.... so I'm trying to keep things relatively close to streetcar, subway stops. My priorities are showing them the terrific Queen/Spadina Chinatown and bringing them to the Islands for our 2 day stay.
So my questions are this:
1. I want to take them to a classic Chinatown establishment. Unpretentious, hole-in-the-wall place is fine as long as there's good food. We're not the types to pay an arm and a leg.
2. What's the best way to get to the Islands ferry via transit (starting from say, Union Station)?
3. I remember a terrific Indian restaurant in Yorkville, so I associate Toronto now with great Indian food. Any Indian restaurants more centrally located (see comment above about cost)?
4. I'll probably get the $10.50 day pass; since they're Seniors, they'll I suspect pay the $2 senior fare, which leaves me with a question. My question is if they transfer to a streetcar from subway, do they just show their ticket twice or does one pick up a "transfer"?
Thanks in advance! Daniel
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 oes are seeing that after the age of 35, our p
- 2 First family trip to Toronto.
- 3 travel to Lake Louise
- 4 Quebec City in January
- 5 Montreal in April
- 6 Need help planning a trip from East Coast to Montreal
- 7 Corporate party
- 8 Quebec & Montreal + Wheelchair
- 9 14 day road trip itinerary from Calgary to Vancouver
- 10 Aussies first trip to NS, PEI & NB
- 11 Hotels in Quebec City
- 12 Northern Lights
- 13 Flying from Toronto to London
- 14 Rental car
- 15 Toronto 4 Nights - Must Do?
- 16 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 17 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 18 Cross country drive
- 19 For Those Who Struggle With Quebec French
- 20 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 21 Girls Weekend in Toronto
- 22 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 23 Vancouver - Need restaurant suggestions Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
- 24 Ashisgh Dewan requires advice for Canada Toronto Trip
- 25 Toronto - which neighbourhood should we stay in?
Toronto: transit & transit-accessible Chinatown & Indian restaurant Qs