This year associated with my parents' visit to Montreal, I'm taking them to big old T.O. for their first time ever. I've been to T.O. a number of times but thought a resident could help me out. with a few questions.
We won't have a car so travelling with my parents presents some challenges. My Dad has knee/hip troubles and while he can walk several blocks without too much difficulty, he needs to take breaks and doesn't want to go overboard walking.... so I'm trying to keep things relatively close to streetcar, subway stops. My priorities are showing them the terrific Queen/Spadina Chinatown and bringing them to the Islands for our 2 day stay.
So my questions are this:
1. I want to take them to a classic Chinatown establishment. Unpretentious, hole-in-the-wall place is fine as long as there's good food. We're not the types to pay an arm and a leg.
2. What's the best way to get to the Islands ferry via transit (starting from say, Union Station)?
3. I remember a terrific Indian restaurant in Yorkville, so I associate Toronto now with great Indian food. Any Indian restaurants more centrally located (see comment above about cost)?
4. I'll probably get the $10.50 day pass; since they're Seniors, they'll I suspect pay the $2 senior fare, which leaves me with a question. My question is if they transfer to a streetcar from subway, do they just show their ticket twice or does one pick up a "transfer"?
Thanks in advance! Daniel
Toronto: transit & transit-accessible Chinatown & Indian restaurant Qs
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 buy Cheap flight tickets , fake passport ,id cards and driving license
- 2 Best weekend of Carnaval?
- 3 Looking for a cold place to visit during my school break
- 4 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.
- 5 Is anyone has visited eagle lake in ontario
- 6 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 7 iPhone in Canada
- 8 Lake Louise/Jasper trip report
- 9 Free parking in Halifax near Waterfront.
- 10 Victoria Dining
- 11 Christmas Day in Quebec City
- 12 Quebec City trip.report
- 13 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 14 Family holiday in Canada ( winter)..accommodation in Montana and Idaho too!
- 15 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 16 Quebic City or Montreal
- 17 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 18 ft nelson bc
- 19 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 20 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 21 Happy Thanksgiving!!!
- 22 Niagara Falls October 10-12
- 23 canada in the winter?
- 24 Canada in winter
- 25 10 Day Trip to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick