This year associated with my parents' visit to Montreal, I'm taking them to big old T.O. for their first time ever. I've been to T.O. a number of times but thought a resident could help me out. with a few questions.
We won't have a car so travelling with my parents presents some challenges. My Dad has knee/hip troubles and while he can walk several blocks without too much difficulty, he needs to take breaks and doesn't want to go overboard walking.... so I'm trying to keep things relatively close to streetcar, subway stops. My priorities are showing them the terrific Queen/Spadina Chinatown and bringing them to the Islands for our 2 day stay.
So my questions are this:
1. I want to take them to a classic Chinatown establishment. Unpretentious, hole-in-the-wall place is fine as long as there's good food. We're not the types to pay an arm and a leg.
2. What's the best way to get to the Islands ferry via transit (starting from say, Union Station)?
3. I remember a terrific Indian restaurant in Yorkville, so I associate Toronto now with great Indian food. Any Indian restaurants more centrally located (see comment above about cost)?
4. I'll probably get the $10.50 day pass; since they're Seniors, they'll I suspect pay the $2 senior fare, which leaves me with a question. My question is if they transfer to a streetcar from subway, do they just show their ticket twice or does one pick up a "transfer"?
Thanks in advance! Daniel
Toronto: transit & transit-accessible Chinatown & Indian restaurant Qs
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Montreal & Quebec City - advice needed
- 2 Niagara Falls Canada
- 3 Please Help!... Nova Scotia Road Trip
- 4 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 5 Vancouver Trip Report with stay at Four Seasons
- 6 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 7 Banf
- 8 4 days in Vancouver Island
- 9 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 10 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 11 Montreal and Quebec with 12 year old girl
- 12 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 13 Tofino -Are 5-6 days long enough or too long for family with preschoolers?
- 14 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 15 Gaspe
- 16 Tours
- 17 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 18 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 19 Driving from Calgary to U SA
- 20 ATM for cash in Vancouver
- 21 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 22 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 23 Niagara/Toronto to Quebec & Maybe Montreal--need advice
- 24 Alberta Wildfires
- 25 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa