This year associated with my parents' visit to Montreal, I'm taking them to big old T.O. for their first time ever. I've been to T.O. a number of times but thought a resident could help me out. with a few questions.
We won't have a car so travelling with my parents presents some challenges. My Dad has knee/hip troubles and while he can walk several blocks without too much difficulty, he needs to take breaks and doesn't want to go overboard walking.... so I'm trying to keep things relatively close to streetcar, subway stops. My priorities are showing them the terrific Queen/Spadina Chinatown and bringing them to the Islands for our 2 day stay.
So my questions are this:
1. I want to take them to a classic Chinatown establishment. Unpretentious, hole-in-the-wall place is fine as long as there's good food. We're not the types to pay an arm and a leg.
2. What's the best way to get to the Islands ferry via transit (starting from say, Union Station)?
3. I remember a terrific Indian restaurant in Yorkville, so I associate Toronto now with great Indian food. Any Indian restaurants more centrally located (see comment above about cost)?
4. I'll probably get the $10.50 day pass; since they're Seniors, they'll I suspect pay the $2 senior fare, which leaves me with a question. My question is if they transfer to a streetcar from subway, do they just show their ticket twice or does one pick up a "transfer"?
Thanks in advance! Daniel
Toronto: transit & transit-accessible Chinatown & Indian restaurant Qs
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 2 How do I get from Calgary to Glacier National Park or near by?
- 3 Montreal Questions
- 4 Restaurant with amazing view (and decent food) Whistler
- 5 Activities for Children in Vancouver
- 6 Romantic destination in Canada
- 7 Travel Guide to Quebec
- 8 Travel Guide to Quebec
- 9 Newfoundland and Labrador with young children
- 10 Trip report/Burlington, VT to Quebec City to Charlevoix
- 11 Vancouver
- 12 Need help planning a Nova Scotia/PEI trip
- 13 Jasper and Banff
- 14 Traveling Banff, Vancouver and Seattle
- 15 Vancouver to Tofino on Orca Air -- Connection Time Question
- 16 Furnished suites in Toronto T
- 17 BC Place Parking or Transit Recommendations Please
- 18 Nova Scotia
- 19 Travelling from NYC to Montreal
- 20 Need Help Exploring Best of Vancouver Island Over 4 Days
- 21 Trip to Vancouver in June
- 22 Vancouver-Torino-Whistler-Banff-Canmore-Calgary August Road trip
- 23 Great Lakes Car Ferries
- 24 Car rental in Victoria, BC
- 25 7 day family itinerary to Nova Scotia needed