This year associated with my parents' visit to Montreal, I'm taking them to big old T.O. for their first time ever. I've been to T.O. a number of times but thought a resident could help me out. with a few questions.
We won't have a car so travelling with my parents presents some challenges. My Dad has knee/hip troubles and while he can walk several blocks without too much difficulty, he needs to take breaks and doesn't want to go overboard walking.... so I'm trying to keep things relatively close to streetcar, subway stops. My priorities are showing them the terrific Queen/Spadina Chinatown and bringing them to the Islands for our 2 day stay.
So my questions are this:
1. I want to take them to a classic Chinatown establishment. Unpretentious, hole-in-the-wall place is fine as long as there's good food. We're not the types to pay an arm and a leg.
2. What's the best way to get to the Islands ferry via transit (starting from say, Union Station)?
3. I remember a terrific Indian restaurant in Yorkville, so I associate Toronto now with great Indian food. Any Indian restaurants more centrally located (see comment above about cost)?
4. I'll probably get the $10.50 day pass; since they're Seniors, they'll I suspect pay the $2 senior fare, which leaves me with a question. My question is if they transfer to a streetcar from subway, do they just show their ticket twice or does one pick up a "transfer"?
Thanks in advance! Daniel
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Toronto to Gros Morne National Park
- 2 BC road trip advice
- 3 Icebergs, Whales, Puffins and Potholes - A Newfoundland Adventure
- 4 Where to eat in Vancouver and Sidney
- 5 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 6 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 7 Ottawa transportation question
- 8 Trip to Montreal with Daughters
- 9 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 10 Christmas vacation in Montreal
- 11 vancouver to jasper and banff in 9 days
- 12 9 Day Photography trip to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland
- 13 Driving around Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Alberta and BC
- 14 Solo Trip to BC in August
- 15 princess cruise to new england and canada
- 16 Summer Day Trips From Toronto
- 17 Newfoundland and Labrador with Two Nights in St. Pierre and Miquelon
- 18 Traveling with your bike
- 19 Driving from Vancouver to Anchorage
- 20 New Jersey to Quebec City
- 21 one week trip to Nova Scotia
- 22 Alberta Trip_2017
- 23 Day Trip from Niagara Falls, NY
- 24 4 Day Photography trip to Quebec during July 4th
- 25 Vancouver to Calgary - advice on itinerary and what to reserve first
Toronto: transit & transit-accessible Chinatown & Indian restaurant Qs