This year associated with my parents' visit to Montreal, I'm taking them to big old T.O. for their first time ever. I've been to T.O. a number of times but thought a resident could help me out. with a few questions.
We won't have a car so travelling with my parents presents some challenges. My Dad has knee/hip troubles and while he can walk several blocks without too much difficulty, he needs to take breaks and doesn't want to go overboard walking.... so I'm trying to keep things relatively close to streetcar, subway stops. My priorities are showing them the terrific Queen/Spadina Chinatown and bringing them to the Islands for our 2 day stay.
So my questions are this:
1. I want to take them to a classic Chinatown establishment. Unpretentious, hole-in-the-wall place is fine as long as there's good food. We're not the types to pay an arm and a leg.
2. What's the best way to get to the Islands ferry via transit (starting from say, Union Station)?
3. I remember a terrific Indian restaurant in Yorkville, so I associate Toronto now with great Indian food. Any Indian restaurants more centrally located (see comment above about cost)?
4. I'll probably get the $10.50 day pass; since they're Seniors, they'll I suspect pay the $2 senior fare, which leaves me with a question. My question is if they transfer to a streetcar from subway, do they just show their ticket twice or does one pick up a "transfer"?
Thanks in advance! Daniel
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 alaska and British Columbia
- 2 Must see places in Toronto
- 3 Aussies first trip to NS, PEI & NB
- 4 Half day in Vancouver
- 5 Insurance after a heart attack
- 6 Indian Summer (Montmorency Falls)
- 7 When to Visit Canadian Rockies
- 8 Budget travel deal Toronto-Ottawa-Montreal-Quebec City
- 9 What to see in IceField Parkway ?
- 10 Canadian Rockies: when to go, where to base?
- 11 good lobster roll
- 12 Can I drive across the rocky mountains in mid-April, without snow tires?
- 13 Banff/Jasper/Yoho Parks and Canmore Trip Report
- 14 Suggest some best places to travel and accommodation facilities in Toronto
- 15 Road trip Vancouver to Seattle?
- 16 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 17 Montreal or Toronto?
- 18 Visit the east coast in July /16
- 19 Trip Report--Canadian Rockies
- 20 One night in Calgary - accommodation suggestions please
- 21 Which boat trip to take under the Falls
- 22 Western Ontario and Manitoba Drive
- 23 Canada in Feb 2016
- 24 King City and surrounding
- 25 Georgia to Fairbanks
Toronto: transit & transit-accessible Chinatown & Indian restaurant Qs