This year associated with my parents' visit to Montreal, I'm taking them to big old T.O. for their first time ever. I've been to T.O. a number of times but thought a resident could help me out. with a few questions.
We won't have a car so travelling with my parents presents some challenges. My Dad has knee/hip troubles and while he can walk several blocks without too much difficulty, he needs to take breaks and doesn't want to go overboard walking.... so I'm trying to keep things relatively close to streetcar, subway stops. My priorities are showing them the terrific Queen/Spadina Chinatown and bringing them to the Islands for our 2 day stay.
So my questions are this:
1. I want to take them to a classic Chinatown establishment. Unpretentious, hole-in-the-wall place is fine as long as there's good food. We're not the types to pay an arm and a leg.
2. What's the best way to get to the Islands ferry via transit (starting from say, Union Station)?
3. I remember a terrific Indian restaurant in Yorkville, so I associate Toronto now with great Indian food. Any Indian restaurants more centrally located (see comment above about cost)?
4. I'll probably get the $10.50 day pass; since they're Seniors, they'll I suspect pay the $2 senior fare, which leaves me with a question. My question is if they transfer to a streetcar from subway, do they just show their ticket twice or does one pick up a "transfer"?
Thanks in advance! Daniel
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Planning a week in Canadian Rockies, need some help with itinerary !
- 2 Family vacation
- 3 Newfoundland in July
- 4 Toronto - Niagara Falls NO CAR
- 5 Jasper
- 6 Ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay
- 7 4-6 hours in Gaspe
- 8 Drive from Spokane to Yoho/Banff/Jasper
- 9 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 10 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
- 11 Van to Alaska Road Trip in 10 days
- 12 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 13 UP, Manitoulin, and Quebec Driving
- 14 Cape Breton, Nova Scotia & PEI
- 15 A month in Atlantic Canada
- 16 Calgary Stampede
- 17 My Trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 18 Fairmont Hot Springs
- 19 11 Day Road trip
- 20 Canada - 1st time
- 21 Niagra Falls, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal?
- 22 Halifax port restaurants
- 23 Natural Habitat Churchill Polar Bear Trips--Tundra Lodge & Hotel
- 24 Road Trip Help
- 25 12 Day Itinerary Nova Scotia
Toronto: transit & transit-accessible Chinatown & Indian restaurant Qs