This year associated with my parents' visit to Montreal, I'm taking them to big old T.O. for their first time ever. I've been to T.O. a number of times but thought a resident could help me out. with a few questions.
We won't have a car so travelling with my parents presents some challenges. My Dad has knee/hip troubles and while he can walk several blocks without too much difficulty, he needs to take breaks and doesn't want to go overboard walking.... so I'm trying to keep things relatively close to streetcar, subway stops. My priorities are showing them the terrific Queen/Spadina Chinatown and bringing them to the Islands for our 2 day stay.
So my questions are this:
1. I want to take them to a classic Chinatown establishment. Unpretentious, hole-in-the-wall place is fine as long as there's good food. We're not the types to pay an arm and a leg.
2. What's the best way to get to the Islands ferry via transit (starting from say, Union Station)?
3. I remember a terrific Indian restaurant in Yorkville, so I associate Toronto now with great Indian food. Any Indian restaurants more centrally located (see comment above about cost)?
4. I'll probably get the $10.50 day pass; since they're Seniors, they'll I suspect pay the $2 senior fare, which leaves me with a question. My question is if they transfer to a streetcar from subway, do they just show their ticket twice or does one pick up a "transfer"?
Thanks in advance! Daniel
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Marvellous Montreal
- 2 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 3 loving OTTAWA
- 4 Mont Tremblant B & B
- 5 Cape Breton Trip
- 6 Need travel help from Toronto to Vermont!
- 7 Banff / Jasper and Vancouver
- 8 Vancouver for Christmas
- 9 Nova Scotia Itinerary
- 10 Montreal, Quebec City and Vermont
- 11 Victoria?
- 12 Pacific Northwest Itinerary Help: Victoria, Vancouver, Whistler, Seattle
- 13 Vancouver, Mountains, Public Transit
- 14 Wheelchair accessible trails, sights, activities, etc?
- 15 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.
- 16 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 17 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 18 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 19 Road trip to Maritime Provinces
- 20 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 21 Cape Breton Island and Nova Scotia
- 22 One afternoon/night in Calgary.
- 23 Running in Jasper in late summer
- 24 Accomodation in Whistler, B.C.
- 25 Canadian Rockies Itinerary input?
Toronto: transit & transit-accessible Chinatown & Indian restaurant Qs