This year associated with my parents' visit to Montreal, I'm taking them to big old T.O. for their first time ever. I've been to T.O. a number of times but thought a resident could help me out. with a few questions.
We won't have a car so travelling with my parents presents some challenges. My Dad has knee/hip troubles and while he can walk several blocks without too much difficulty, he needs to take breaks and doesn't want to go overboard walking.... so I'm trying to keep things relatively close to streetcar, subway stops. My priorities are showing them the terrific Queen/Spadina Chinatown and bringing them to the Islands for our 2 day stay.
So my questions are this:
1. I want to take them to a classic Chinatown establishment. Unpretentious, hole-in-the-wall place is fine as long as there's good food. We're not the types to pay an arm and a leg.
2. What's the best way to get to the Islands ferry via transit (starting from say, Union Station)?
3. I remember a terrific Indian restaurant in Yorkville, so I associate Toronto now with great Indian food. Any Indian restaurants more centrally located (see comment above about cost)?
4. I'll probably get the $10.50 day pass; since they're Seniors, they'll I suspect pay the $2 senior fare, which leaves me with a question. My question is if they transfer to a streetcar from subway, do they just show their ticket twice or does one pick up a "transfer"?
Thanks in advance! Daniel
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Bus Tour of Quebec City,NO Walking
- 2 Chicago to London, ON, Canada
- 3 Maritimes Trip - First Time 2016
- 4 From Vancouver to Anchorage
- 5 Traveling with ashes
- 6 Wheelchair in NOL, Toronto & Kingston
- 7 Vancouver 3 days
- 8 American in Canada - Do you carry your passport?
- 9 Vancouver without a Car
- 10 Whistler
- 11 Montreal and Quebec City with Kids
- 12 Trip Between New York City and Toronto
- 13 Intro
- 14 5 day itinerary for Vancouver
- 15 First time & 5 days in Vancouver (trip report)
- 16 Victoria, BC weekend help
- 17 Road trip from Ithaca (NY) to Montreal/Quebec City?
- 18 14 days self-drive Niagara north
- 19 Vancouver, Vancouver Island & Rockies road trip - HELP NEEDED
- 20 Need help in rain!
- 21 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days
- 22 Rv Campground trip
- 23 Weather September/October
- 24 driving from Richmond Hill, Onatio to Winnipeg, MB
- 25 First Time Trip
Toronto: transit & transit-accessible Chinatown & Indian restaurant Qs