My bf and I are flying to NYC in November, and are considering visiting a combination of Toronto, Ottawa, Niagara on the Lake, Niagara Falls. We would be able to stay in Canada for 5-6 nights. I am thinking doing all of these places in 5-6 nights is too much so our possibilities are either: Toronto & also stay 1-2 nights at NOTL (and drive over to see Niagara Falls with car hire), or divide our time between Ottawa & Toronto (and maybe a day trip to see the Falls from Toronto).
Does anybody have any recommendations on what is best or which cities/towns they like best of these options?
Regarding going to Niagara Falls area, I have read it will probably be cold 1-9 degrees for Niagara on the Lake and near the same for Niagara Falls and November is the wettest month for Niagara Falls. We come from Melbourne Australia and our winters are a lot more milder (I thought todays 14deg Celsius was cold and really the only snow we see is when we drive a few hours to the mountains to ski). Is there a possibility of snow in the area in mid-late November (would be there most likely between 15th-21st)? My major concern would be driving in snowy conditions as I never have to do that here.
Also, seeing we are going to Canada again, we'd love to experience an ice hockey match which we didn't do last time when we stayed in Quebec City and Montreal. Unfortunately, when I looked online for the Maple Leafs game on 17 Nov the only tix left were quite expensive, I guess we should have checked it out sooner. Does anyone know if there is any way you can get some cheaper tix, like if they reduce prices of left over tickets on the night of the game or something like that? Would hate to miss out on the experience but $194 plus per ticket is a bit out of our price range.
Would appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Toronto, Niagara Falls & Niagara on the Lake: November advice
- 1 Preclearing US customs in Canada
- 2 Vancouver + Vancouver Island August Trip
- 3 Need help, can't decide
- 4 Hike/Trail recommendations in Banff?
- 5 Parksville Or Nanaimo
- 6 NIAGARA FALLS TO RAPID CITY MOST SCENIC ROUTE PLEASE
- 7 Info about Visiting Yoho's Lake O'Hara, please!
- 8 Transportation from Toronto to Niagara Falls
- 9 Reservations needed for BC ferries between Tsawwassen and Swartz Bay?
- 10 2 weeks in vancouver with small baby
- 11 How similar are the Tofino area of B.C. and the San Juan Islands of WA state?
- 12 help! quebec city with a toddler.
- 13 Sidney, Pender, Galiano, Saturna - best route?
- 14 Brier Island versus Digby (or Annapolis Royal)
- 15 Road Trip from Montreal to PEI to Cape Breton
- 16 Hotel or B and B in Halifax
- 17 chartered power boat trip for family of 5 from Vancouver Island
- 18 Having difficulty finding lodging in Tofino
- 19 13 nights; 12 days in British Columbia - need itinerary
- 20 train travel
- 21 Montreal Hotel for First Time Visitors
- 22 Rental Car Canada and MT
- 23 Canada Rockies train trip + parks
- 24 Tea at the Buchart Gardens?
- 25 Boston to Quebec City