My bf and I are flying to NYC in November, and are considering visiting a combination of Toronto, Ottawa, Niagara on the Lake, Niagara Falls. We would be able to stay in Canada for 5-6 nights. I am thinking doing all of these places in 5-6 nights is too much so our possibilities are either: Toronto & also stay 1-2 nights at NOTL (and drive over to see Niagara Falls with car hire), or divide our time between Ottawa & Toronto (and maybe a day trip to see the Falls from Toronto).
Does anybody have any recommendations on what is best or which cities/towns they like best of these options?
Regarding going to Niagara Falls area, I have read it will probably be cold 1-9 degrees for Niagara on the Lake and near the same for Niagara Falls and November is the wettest month for Niagara Falls. We come from Melbourne Australia and our winters are a lot more milder (I thought todays 14deg Celsius was cold and really the only snow we see is when we drive a few hours to the mountains to ski). Is there a possibility of snow in the area in mid-late November (would be there most likely between 15th-21st)? My major concern would be driving in snowy conditions as I never have to do that here.
Also, seeing we are going to Canada again, we'd love to experience an ice hockey match which we didn't do last time when we stayed in Quebec City and Montreal. Unfortunately, when I looked online for the Maple Leafs game on 17 Nov the only tix left were quite expensive, I guess we should have checked it out sooner. Does anyone know if there is any way you can get some cheaper tix, like if they reduce prices of left over tickets on the night of the game or something like that? Would hate to miss out on the experience but $194 plus per ticket is a bit out of our price range.
Would appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 outlook Installation Contact 1:800:681:7208 outlook Tec*h care
- 2 Metropolitan Movers North York ON - Moving Company
- 3 Quebec City/Montreal for Christmas
- 4 May2018 Banff accomodations
- 5 romantic dinner in Montreal suggestions
- 6 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 7 Vancouver Island in Winter
- 8 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 9 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 10 Saguenay & Sydney...Anything to See/Do?
- 11 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 12 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 13 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 14 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 15 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 16 going to banff/jasper in may 2018
- 17 BC or Alberta drives
- 18 Torino in february
- 19 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 20 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 21 Canadian Thanksgiving Long Weekend Roadtrip Ideas
- 22 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 23 Skiing in Whistler
- 24 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 25 lodging in whistler
Toronto, Niagara Falls & Niagara on the Lake: November advice