We like to explore new places in the dead of winter when there are fewer visitors around. I'm considering Tofino in February. I imagine stormy weather and rolling seas, but I think that might add to the wildness of the area. Our plans would be to wear rain gear and hit the beaches and trails. Is there anything else to do there in the winter? I'd appreciate thoughts from anyone with winter experience in the area.
Tofino in February?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 2 Victoria BC -What to do; What to watch out for
- 3 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 4 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 5 Adventures in Canada
- 6 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 7 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 8 Does the Easter Bunny visit Canada?
- 9 NYC to Montreal by train
- 10 Camping in Canada: sleeping with bears
- 11 Tent trailer camping tips? Ontario to Nanaimo (Summer 2014) with 2 kids
- 12 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 13 Any reviews of Wildland Tours?
- 14 Where to stay in Banff?
- 15 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 16 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 17 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 18 Transport of cremated remains
- 19 Rockies trip in June.
- 20 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 21 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 22 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 23 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 24 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 25 7 Days in Newfoundland