I am travelling to Canada at the end of July/beginning of August, spending 2 and a half weeks on the East coast before flying to Vancouver on 28th July for 11 days. I have a rough itinerary sorted for my time on the East Coast but need a bit of help deciding how to spend the limited time I have on the West Coast...
I was thinking of going to Banff and Lake Louise as part of a tour but can't decide how to spend the remainder of my time - this will only equal around 3 days but am deliberating between spending a bit of extra time in Vancouver and maybe going over to Victoria for a day or 2 or I could go to Whistler. What would people recommend? Alternatively I wouldn't mind getting a few days relaxing on a nice beach, would this be realistic in this time frame and if so where would be good to go. I will be travelling on public transport so am a little limited...
My other question is in regards to the Moose Travel Network. I am a 26 year old female travelling alone and was thinking of doing the Vancouver-Banff section of my trip as part of a Moose travel trip, has anyone been on one of these and would they recommend them for a young solo traveller looking to make some friends?! Also do most people stick to the exact itinerary of the trips (time frame/nights spent in each location) or do most people spend extra nights in different places along the way?
Any suggestions of fun and sociable hostels to stay in along the way would also be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 EPSON PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT Tec*h care 24/7??
- 2 Vancouver Island in Winter
- 3 May2018 Banff accomodations
- 4 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 5 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 6 Saguenay & Sydney...Anything to See/Do?
- 7 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 8 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 9 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 10 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 11 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 12 going to banff/jasper in may 2018
- 13 BC or Alberta drives
- 14 Torino in february
- 15 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 16 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 17 Canadian Thanksgiving Long Weekend Roadtrip Ideas
- 18 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 19 Skiing in Whistler
- 20 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 21 lodging in whistler
- 22 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 23 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 24 My Family Travle Vlog
- 25 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!