I am travelling to Canada at the end of July/beginning of August, spending 2 and a half weeks on the East coast before flying to Vancouver on 28th July for 11 days. I have a rough itinerary sorted for my time on the East Coast but need a bit of help deciding how to spend the limited time I have on the West Coast...
I was thinking of going to Banff and Lake Louise as part of a tour but can't decide how to spend the remainder of my time - this will only equal around 3 days but am deliberating between spending a bit of extra time in Vancouver and maybe going over to Victoria for a day or 2 or I could go to Whistler. What would people recommend? Alternatively I wouldn't mind getting a few days relaxing on a nice beach, would this be realistic in this time frame and if so where would be good to go. I will be travelling on public transport so am a little limited...
My other question is in regards to the Moose Travel Network. I am a 26 year old female travelling alone and was thinking of doing the Vancouver-Banff section of my trip as part of a Moose travel trip, has anyone been on one of these and would they recommend them for a young solo traveller looking to make some friends?! Also do most people stick to the exact itinerary of the trips (time frame/nights spent in each location) or do most people spend extra nights in different places along the way?
Any suggestions of fun and sociable hostels to stay in along the way would also be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Does the Easter Bunny visit Canada?
- 2 NYC to Montreal by train
- 3 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 4 Camping in Canada: sleeping with bears
- 5 Tent trailer camping tips? Ontario to Nanaimo (Summer 2014) with 2 kids
- 6 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 7 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 8 Any reviews of Wildland Tours?
- 9 Where to stay in Banff?
- 10 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 11 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 12 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 13 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 14 Transport of cremated remains
- 15 Rockies trip in June.
- 16 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 17 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 18 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 19 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 20 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 21 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 22 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 23 7 Days in Newfoundland
- 24 boarder crossing question
- 25 Best Areas to Stay in Montreal