I am travelling to Canada at the end of July/beginning of August, spending 2 and a half weeks on the East coast before flying to Vancouver on 28th July for 11 days. I have a rough itinerary sorted for my time on the East Coast but need a bit of help deciding how to spend the limited time I have on the West Coast...
I was thinking of going to Banff and Lake Louise as part of a tour but can't decide how to spend the remainder of my time - this will only equal around 3 days but am deliberating between spending a bit of extra time in Vancouver and maybe going over to Victoria for a day or 2 or I could go to Whistler. What would people recommend? Alternatively I wouldn't mind getting a few days relaxing on a nice beach, would this be realistic in this time frame and if so where would be good to go. I will be travelling on public transport so am a little limited...
My other question is in regards to the Moose Travel Network. I am a 26 year old female travelling alone and was thinking of doing the Vancouver-Banff section of my trip as part of a Moose travel trip, has anyone been on one of these and would they recommend them for a young solo traveller looking to make some friends?! Also do most people stick to the exact itinerary of the trips (time frame/nights spent in each location) or do most people spend extra nights in different places along the way?
Any suggestions of fun and sociable hostels to stay in along the way would also be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 BUY FAKE PASSPORT (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2 Canada in winter
- 3 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 4 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 5 Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI and Newfoundland in 7-9 days?
- 6 Relaxing Honeymoon
- 7 What do you think of Boston to Ottawa trip?
- 8 7 Days in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 9 Victoria Dining
- 10 Northern Lights
- 11 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 12 Are plug adaptors needed?
- 13 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 14 Fall Montreal weekend with 11-year-old daughter
- 15 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 16 Mackenzie/Prince George BC - Safety & Car info needed
- 17 The Canadian - Toronto to Vancouver by Train - Part 1
- 18 Searching for the `Northern Lights`
- 19 Looking for custom wine tour from Vernon, BC
- 20 how to search for owls in winter
- 21 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 22 Help us see Vancouver island
- 23 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 24 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 25 Lodging in Lake Louise