I am travelling to Canada at the end of July/beginning of August, spending 2 and a half weeks on the East coast before flying to Vancouver on 28th July for 11 days. I have a rough itinerary sorted for my time on the East Coast but need a bit of help deciding how to spend the limited time I have on the West Coast...
I was thinking of going to Banff and Lake Louise as part of a tour but can't decide how to spend the remainder of my time - this will only equal around 3 days but am deliberating between spending a bit of extra time in Vancouver and maybe going over to Victoria for a day or 2 or I could go to Whistler. What would people recommend? Alternatively I wouldn't mind getting a few days relaxing on a nice beach, would this be realistic in this time frame and if so where would be good to go. I will be travelling on public transport so am a little limited...
My other question is in regards to the Moose Travel Network. I am a 26 year old female travelling alone and was thinking of doing the Vancouver-Banff section of my trip as part of a Moose travel trip, has anyone been on one of these and would they recommend them for a young solo traveller looking to make some friends?! Also do most people stick to the exact itinerary of the trips (time frame/nights spent in each location) or do most people spend extra nights in different places along the way?
Any suggestions of fun and sociable hostels to stay in along the way would also be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Toronto: where to stay?
- 2 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 3 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 4 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 5 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 6 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 7 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 8 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 9 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.
- 10 Heli skiing in March
- 11 Toronto lodgings
- 12 Free parking in Halifax near Waterfront.
- 13 Planing a Trip to Toronto in December
- 14 rockies in september
- 15 Looking for a cold place to visit during my school break
- 16 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 17 Viking Trail
- 18 sample itinerary for multi-generational family to Canadian Rockies in July
- 19 Quebec City trip.report
- 20 Difficulty getting from Montreal to Burlington by public transport help plz
- 21 Best weekend of Carnaval?
- 22 Is anyone has visited eagle lake in ontario
- 23 iPhone in Canada
- 24 Lake Louise/Jasper trip report
- 25 Victoria Dining