I am travelling to Canada at the end of July/beginning of August, spending 2 and a half weeks on the East coast before flying to Vancouver on 28th July for 11 days. I have a rough itinerary sorted for my time on the East Coast but need a bit of help deciding how to spend the limited time I have on the West Coast...
I was thinking of going to Banff and Lake Louise as part of a tour but can't decide how to spend the remainder of my time - this will only equal around 3 days but am deliberating between spending a bit of extra time in Vancouver and maybe going over to Victoria for a day or 2 or I could go to Whistler. What would people recommend? Alternatively I wouldn't mind getting a few days relaxing on a nice beach, would this be realistic in this time frame and if so where would be good to go. I will be travelling on public transport so am a little limited...
My other question is in regards to the Moose Travel Network. I am a 26 year old female travelling alone and was thinking of doing the Vancouver-Banff section of my trip as part of a Moose travel trip, has anyone been on one of these and would they recommend them for a young solo traveller looking to make some friends?! Also do most people stick to the exact itinerary of the trips (time frame/nights spent in each location) or do most people spend extra nights in different places along the way?
Any suggestions of fun and sociable hostels to stay in along the way would also be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 BrITISH COLUMBIA IN 4 DAYS
- 2 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 3 need accommodation suggestions for Banff and Jasper
- 4 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 5 Nova Scotia and Quebec
- 6 7 Day Trip to PEI and Cape Breton Islands with Vegetarian Options
- 7 Best Jasper Campground
- 8 Freedom of speech in reviews
- 9 RV trip Calgary to Vancouver
- 10 Car Rental from Montreal to Boston
- 11 Victoria in December
- 12 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 13 Opportunity for business loan
- 14 BEWARE! - CAR RENTAL NIGHTMARE! London, Ontario
- 15 Road trip from Minneapolis to Ontario.. suggestions for 91yr old
- 16 Nova Scotia - October
- 17 Smoke at Banff and Jasper?
- 18 Low Altitude Mountain Destinations
- 19 Across Canada by Train
- 20 Mont Tremblant attractions
- 21 Victoria to Vancouver (best travel options)
- 22 Nova Scotia
- 23 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 24 Eating lobster
- 25 2 weeks self drive itinerary - NB & NS
Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!