I am travelling to Canada at the end of July/beginning of August, spending 2 and a half weeks on the East coast before flying to Vancouver on 28th July for 11 days. I have a rough itinerary sorted for my time on the East Coast but need a bit of help deciding how to spend the limited time I have on the West Coast...
I was thinking of going to Banff and Lake Louise as part of a tour but can't decide how to spend the remainder of my time - this will only equal around 3 days but am deliberating between spending a bit of extra time in Vancouver and maybe going over to Victoria for a day or 2 or I could go to Whistler. What would people recommend? Alternatively I wouldn't mind getting a few days relaxing on a nice beach, would this be realistic in this time frame and if so where would be good to go. I will be travelling on public transport so am a little limited...
My other question is in regards to the Moose Travel Network. I am a 26 year old female travelling alone and was thinking of doing the Vancouver-Banff section of my trip as part of a Moose travel trip, has anyone been on one of these and would they recommend them for a young solo traveller looking to make some friends?! Also do most people stick to the exact itinerary of the trips (time frame/nights spent in each location) or do most people spend extra nights in different places along the way?
Any suggestions of fun and sociable hostels to stay in along the way would also be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 2 travelling from Vancouver to Churchill
- 3 Vancouver Trip Feb 16-20,2015
- 4 Road trip from Vacouver to Alaska.
- 5 Things to see and do on route from Twillingate to St. john's NL
- 6 Planning a trip to Ontario?
- 7 2 months Canada and USA with alaska cruise
- 8 Driving from PEI to Edmonton, Alberta (end of Jan. beginning of Feb. 2015)
- 9 Stay at Niagara Falls or downtown?
- 10 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 11 itinerary help with a British Columbia+Alaska road trip
- 12 Calgary or Lake Louise?
- 13 Gulf Islands - anybody been to Galiano Island?
- 14 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 15 Travelling from Toronto to Quebec City and New Brunswick
- 16 2 days in Vancouver
- 17 Best way to get mobile data in Canada?
- 18 Montreal - Old Town or Plateau district?
- 19 8 days in NL
- 20 Montreal transportation pass
- 21 Ottawa and Thousand Islands
- 22 Best land travel for Canadian Maritines
- 23 First visit to Montreal, hotel and sightseeing recommendations needed
- 24 Newfoundland tent camping
- 25 Mother/daughter trip to Quebec City and Montreal!