I am travelling to Canada at the end of July/beginning of August, spending 2 and a half weeks on the East coast before flying to Vancouver on 28th July for 11 days. I have a rough itinerary sorted for my time on the East Coast but need a bit of help deciding how to spend the limited time I have on the West Coast...
I was thinking of going to Banff and Lake Louise as part of a tour but can't decide how to spend the remainder of my time - this will only equal around 3 days but am deliberating between spending a bit of extra time in Vancouver and maybe going over to Victoria for a day or 2 or I could go to Whistler. What would people recommend? Alternatively I wouldn't mind getting a few days relaxing on a nice beach, would this be realistic in this time frame and if so where would be good to go. I will be travelling on public transport so am a little limited...
My other question is in regards to the Moose Travel Network. I am a 26 year old female travelling alone and was thinking of doing the Vancouver-Banff section of my trip as part of a Moose travel trip, has anyone been on one of these and would they recommend them for a young solo traveller looking to make some friends?! Also do most people stick to the exact itinerary of the trips (time frame/nights spent in each location) or do most people spend extra nights in different places along the way?
Any suggestions of fun and sociable hostels to stay in along the way would also be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Full Bandi: Tec*h SUPP0RT YAHOO MAIL CONTACT 1:800:540:6830 YAHOO
- 2 Vancouver/Seattle Trip
- 3 HELP: Winnipeg to Grand Forks,ND
- 4 Toronto to N.F. to Buffalo without a car. Need help.
- 5 Tweak itinerary for Canadian Rockies
- 6 Newfoundland in early June
- 7 Nova Scotia in July
- 8 Cape Breton in early June
- 9 Magdalen Islands in early June
- 10 Magdalen Islands
- 11 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 12 How to break the drive from Montreal to Niagara falls?
- 13 Is it too late to plan Banff & Jasper for this July?
- 14 Passport question for Int flight
- 15 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days
- 16 Itinerary for 10 day Maritime trip
- 17 Icefields Parkway
- 18 3 Nights in Cape Breton
- 19 Parking in Niagara & Toronto
- 20 Itinerary Needed for Pacific NW, Canadian Rockies & Vancouver
- 21 Driving From Vancouver to Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise all over
- 22 Canadian Rockies (Banff, Yoho, Jasper) in July
- 23 Victoria, Canada
- 24 Car rental drop off fees or change itinerary Victoria to Penticton
- 25 Quebec City lower town vs. upper town?
Tips for the West Coast and reviews of Moose Travel Network please!