I just came back from an AMAZING road trip with my girl in Canada BC. 2 weeks of pure magic !!
-----> [Video here](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c9ikubBU1g) <-----
Here are few of my tips to make the best of a road trip in a rather short amount of time:
INTRO: Depending on your time you may choose other options, but we had 9 days for a road trip around Vancouver.
So we decided to drive around Vancouver Island. Because the other destinations were kinda too far in driving time (rockies etc.) We didn't want to commit one day to get there and another day to return. And this vacations ended up being the best vacations I EVER HAD. (watch the video if you are not convinced )
WHAT TO RENT: After loads of research and time spent studying different options, we found the best option to be renting a Van, cheaper than RV, and able to sleep inside. Not relying on sleeping in hotels, B&B etc is going to save you tons of money ! We found an amazing option, renting "Hippie" Vans on this website: www.wickedcampers.com .
The rooftop tent is so amazing, 2/3 min to set it up and here you go, you can sleep wherever you'd like ! Plus you got to love those paintings
WHERE TO GO: Talking about Vancouver Island, the central part and the south easily covered us a full busy week. We changed spot every day. There was so much diversity !! Not a single day was the same, every place had it's own little thing that amazed us. The west coast from Sooke to Port Renfrew is absolutely stunning, with loads of national parks and amazing view of the USA right in front. French Beach national park is a quick (but definitely worth) visit. Pretty much all the national parks that we visited were worth the time spent. We decided not to go to Tofino because of the time we had left. It's a good 6 hours drive to get there and come back. (it's a dead end road). But it might be for another road trip there !
WHERE TO SLEEP: Wild camping being not clearly legal, (even though we found no official website stating it wasn't) we decided to sleep in campgrounds. While there is a lot of them, there is a lots of RV campings without any interest. We simply slept in all the Campground linked to the national parks. They are all pretty much in the middle of the trees and rivers. You can find all of them here: www.gocampingbc.com
They are roughly around 20 dollars CA each. They usually don't have showers nor electricity, but they offer clean toilets and water. We simply washed our selves in the many rivers that the island offered us. (Wild adventure feeling intensifie ) and bought an electric inverter (30 CA$) to plug on the Van. That was clearly enough for phone charging, camera and computer.
Here are few tips for a nice road trip on Vancouver Island.
Feel free to add suggestions that I might have forgot
Have a nice trip !
(Sorry for my English, it's not my native language !)
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Remove Black Magic Expert &+91-9876425548 Specialist in Kolkata Barbados..
- 2 Vermont to Montreal for 2 days?
- 3 Old Montreal kid friendly restaurants?
- 4 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 5 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 6 Activity Suggestions for Quebec City + Montreal for 10 days
- 7 Victoria, Canada
- 8 Toronto - Last Minute Ideas
- 9 Best places in Toronto
- 10 Tweak itinerary for Canadian Rockies
- 11 Day trip from Toronto to 1000 Islands
- 12 Planning a trip to 1000 Islands
- 13 Is it too late to plan Banff & Jasper for this July?
- 14 Newfoundland in early June
- 15 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 16 Think a horsey ride is a good idea?
- 17 Vancouver/Seattle Trip
- 18 HELP: Winnipeg to Grand Forks,ND
- 19 Toronto to N.F. to Buffalo without a car. Need help.
- 20 Nova Scotia in July
- 21 Cape Breton in early June
- 22 Magdalen Islands in early June
- 23 Magdalen Islands
- 24 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 25 How to break the drive from Montreal to Niagara falls?
Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !