Looking for honeymoon ideas for our early June 2016 honeymoon (wedding date is June 4), and someone has suggested New England/Canada area. Although we are still sorting through ideas before making our final decision, this area has really piqued our interests after a little bit of research. General itinerary (if we choose this route) would be fly to Boston (from VA), spend a couple days there before driving to Kennebunkport, ME for a few days, then returning the rental car and flying to Quebec City for another few days before flying home. The old world look of Quebec City (from what I've seen) really interests us more so than the other Canadian cities (i.e. Montreal). We have also considered possibly doing Niagara Falls and Toronto in combination with Watkins Glen SP in NY, but this is not as high on our list as New England and Quebec City.
So, question is, what are everyone's thoughts? I've never been to Canada or the New England area, so have no idea what to expect. Regarding weather, time of year, tourist season, etc. , is early June a good time to come? What are some suggestions of must sees or things to do? Relatively budget friendly but nice hotels (no more than $200-250/night)? What area should we stay in or avoid? What to use for transportation? We are fine with walking, just weren't sure how far between different sites. Any advice/tips would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Also, a side note - our reasoning for driving back to Boston to fly to Quebec is that we are finding it's very expensive to pick up a rental car in the US and drop it off in Canada. So it just seems cheaper (and easier if we don't need a car in Quebec) to just fly in.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://advisorwellness.com/claire-hydrafirm-cream-uk/
- 2 May2018 Banff accomodations
- 3 romantic dinner in Montreal suggestions
- 4 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
- 5 Vancouver Island in Winter
- 6 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 7 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 8 Saguenay & Sydney...Anything to See/Do?
- 9 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 10 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 11 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 12 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 13 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 14 going to banff/jasper in may 2018
- 15 BC or Alberta drives
- 16 Torino in february
- 17 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 18 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 19 Canadian Thanksgiving Long Weekend Roadtrip Ideas
- 20 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 21 Skiing in Whistler
- 22 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 23 lodging in whistler
- 24 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 25 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast