Looking for honeymoon ideas for our early June 2016 honeymoon (wedding date is June 4), and someone has suggested New England/Canada area. Although we are still sorting through ideas before making our final decision, this area has really piqued our interests after a little bit of research. General itinerary (if we choose this route) would be fly to Boston (from VA), spend a couple days there before driving to Kennebunkport, ME for a few days, then returning the rental car and flying to Quebec City for another few days before flying home. The old world look of Quebec City (from what I've seen) really interests us more so than the other Canadian cities (i.e. Montreal). We have also considered possibly doing Niagara Falls and Toronto in combination with Watkins Glen SP in NY, but this is not as high on our list as New England and Quebec City.
So, question is, what are everyone's thoughts? I've never been to Canada or the New England area, so have no idea what to expect. Regarding weather, time of year, tourist season, etc. , is early June a good time to come? What are some suggestions of must sees or things to do? Relatively budget friendly but nice hotels (no more than $200-250/night)? What area should we stay in or avoid? What to use for transportation? We are fine with walking, just weren't sure how far between different sites. Any advice/tips would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Also, a side note - our reasoning for driving back to Boston to fly to Quebec is that we are finding it's very expensive to pick up a rental car in the US and drop it off in Canada. So it just seems cheaper (and easier if we don't need a car in Quebec) to just fly in.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://healthexpertsupplement.com/vtrex-male-enhancement/
- 2 BrITISH COLUMBIA IN 4 DAYS
- 3 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 4 need accommodation suggestions for Banff and Jasper
- 5 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 6 Nova Scotia and Quebec
- 7 7 Day Trip to PEI and Cape Breton Islands with Vegetarian Options
- 8 Best Jasper Campground
- 9 Freedom of speech in reviews
- 10 RV trip Calgary to Vancouver
- 11 Car Rental from Montreal to Boston
- 12 Victoria in December
- 13 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 14 Opportunity for business loan
- 15 BEWARE! - CAR RENTAL NIGHTMARE! London, Ontario
- 16 Road trip from Minneapolis to Ontario.. suggestions for 91yr old
- 17 Nova Scotia - October
- 18 Smoke at Banff and Jasper?
- 19 Low Altitude Mountain Destinations
- 20 Across Canada by Train
- 21 Mont Tremblant attractions
- 22 Victoria to Vancouver (best travel options)
- 23 Nova Scotia
- 24 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
- 25 Eating lobster