Looking for honeymoon ideas for our early June 2016 honeymoon (wedding date is June 4), and someone has suggested New England/Canada area. Although we are still sorting through ideas before making our final decision, this area has really piqued our interests after a little bit of research. General itinerary (if we choose this route) would be fly to Boston (from VA), spend a couple days there before driving to Kennebunkport, ME for a few days, then returning the rental car and flying to Quebec City for another few days before flying home. The old world look of Quebec City (from what I've seen) really interests us more so than the other Canadian cities (i.e. Montreal). We have also considered possibly doing Niagara Falls and Toronto in combination with Watkins Glen SP in NY, but this is not as high on our list as New England and Quebec City.
So, question is, what are everyone's thoughts? I've never been to Canada or the New England area, so have no idea what to expect. Regarding weather, time of year, tourist season, etc. , is early June a good time to come? What are some suggestions of must sees or things to do? Relatively budget friendly but nice hotels (no more than $200-250/night)? What area should we stay in or avoid? What to use for transportation? We are fine with walking, just weren't sure how far between different sites. Any advice/tips would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Also, a side note - our reasoning for driving back to Boston to fly to Quebec is that we are finding it's very expensive to pick up a rental car in the US and drop it off in Canada. So it just seems cheaper (and easier if we don't need a car in Quebec) to just fly in.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 AVG@ password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 canadian outlets
- 3 9 Day Photography trip to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland
- 4 Icebergs, Whales, Puffins and Potholes - A Newfoundland Adventure
- 5 Newfoundland by Public Transit! Can't Be Done!
- 6 Toronto to Gros Morne National Park
- 7 BC road trip advice
- 8 Where to eat in Vancouver and Sidney
- 9 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 10 Ottawa transportation question
- 11 Trip to Montreal with Daughters
- 12 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 13 Christmas vacation in Montreal
- 14 vancouver to jasper and banff in 9 days
- 15 Driving around Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Alberta and BC
- 16 Solo Trip to BC in August
- 17 princess cruise to new england and canada
- 18 Summer Day Trips From Toronto
- 19 Newfoundland and Labrador with Two Nights in St. Pierre and Miquelon
- 20 Traveling with your bike
- 21 Driving from Vancouver to Anchorage
- 22 New Jersey to Quebec City
- 23 one week trip to Nova Scotia
- 24 Alberta Trip_2017
- 25 Day Trip from Niagara Falls, NY