I'm so looking forward to my XMas break to Calgary next week. Although I've visited the city once or twice v. briefly few years back, I haven't seen a whole lot in the city except the Calgary Tower and the amusement park. I'm wondernig what's there to see and do this time of year? Where's the best shopping? (I plan on definitely doing some- saving up on that 7% tax!!). I heard 17th Ave (?) is a nice area with trendy stores.
Also, recommendations on nice restaurants (Mexican, Italian, Indian, Thai are my favs) are much appreciated. I have three weeks in the city, visiting family, but definitely plan on exploring the city.
Thanks much in advance!!
things to do in Calgary
- 1 Huge British Columbia roadtrip
- 2 Nova Scotia in 10 days - Roundtrip from Bangor, ME
- 3 First time trip to Montreal for senior couple (late sixties)
- 4 Reservations needed for BC ferries between Tsawwassen and Swartz Bay?
- 5 Need help, can't decide
- 6 Calgary - Things to Do
- 7 Transportation from Toronto to Niagara Falls
- 8 Accommodation in Kelowna area
- 9 Canadian SIM card options (in Nova Scotia)?
- 10 NIAGARA FALLS TO RAPID CITY MOST SCENIC ROUTE PLEASE
- 11 Canadian Rodeo in early to mid July --- somewhere near Montreal or Ontario?
- 12 Two weeks in Quebec with kids.
- 13 Preclearing US customs in Canada
- 14 Vancouver + Vancouver Island August Trip
- 15 Hike/Trail recommendations in Banff?
- 16 Parksville Or Nanaimo
- 17 Info about Visiting Yoho's Lake O'Hara, please!
- 18 2 weeks in vancouver with small baby
- 19 How similar are the Tofino area of B.C. and the San Juan Islands of WA state?
- 20 help! quebec city with a toddler.
- 21 Sidney, Pender, Galiano, Saturna - best route?
- 22 Brier Island versus Digby (or Annapolis Royal)
- 23 Road Trip from Montreal to PEI to Cape Breton
- 24 Hotel or B and B in Halifax
- 25 chartered power boat trip for family of 5 from Vancouver Island