My husband and I are just beginning to plan a July getaway to the Canadian Rockies and Glacier National Park. We are looking at two to three weeks in July or early August. Thinking of flying in and out of Calgary and renting a car, but would consider other options. We love trains, and would enjoy a one or two day train trip, but don't want to spend the time to go to Vancouver or Toronto. We are interested in exploring Banff, Lake Louise, and possibly Jasper. We also want to spend a couple of days in Glacier National Park. Is it too late to get rooms in any of the park lodges? Know it is the high season, but it works for our schedule. Any "can't miss" locations we should see? We are retired, but very active adults who love to hike, golf and sightsee. We have stayed in lodges and cabins in Yellowstone and Grand Teton and enjoyed them very much. We also like small hotels and B&Bs, but we really don't like to rough it too much. We love to explore small towns and enjoy fine dining and wineries. Any planning advice would be greatly appreciated.
Summer trip to Canadian Rockies and Glacier National Park
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 2 Lake Louise/Jasper trip report
- 3 Christmas Day in Quebec City
- 4 Is anyone has visited eagle lake in ontario
- 5 Quebec City trip.report
- 6 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 7 Family holiday in Canada ( winter)..accommodation in Montana and Idaho too!
- 8 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 9 Quebic City or Montreal
- 10 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 11 ft nelson bc
- 12 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 13 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 14 Happy Thanksgiving!!!
- 15 Niagara Falls October 10-12
- 16 canada in the winter?
- 17 Canada in winter
- 18 10 Day Trip to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
- 19 Banff - Jasper weekend itinerary October
- 20 HELP revamping Nova Scotia trip due to illness
- 21 Telegraph cove
- 22 trip report rockies
- 23 iPhone in Canada
- 24 Bringing mountain bike on flight to Can Cun.
- 25 Weather in Quebec City end of October