My husband and I are just beginning to plan a July getaway to the Canadian Rockies and Glacier National Park. We are looking at two to three weeks in July or early August. Thinking of flying in and out of Calgary and renting a car, but would consider other options. We love trains, and would enjoy a one or two day train trip, but don't want to spend the time to go to Vancouver or Toronto. We are interested in exploring Banff, Lake Louise, and possibly Jasper. We also want to spend a couple of days in Glacier National Park. Is it too late to get rooms in any of the park lodges? Know it is the high season, but it works for our schedule. Any "can't miss" locations we should see? We are retired, but very active adults who love to hike, golf and sightsee. We have stayed in lodges and cabins in Yellowstone and Grand Teton and enjoyed them very much. We also like small hotels and B&Bs, but we really don't like to rough it too much. We love to explore small towns and enjoy fine dining and wineries. Any planning advice would be greatly appreciated.
Summer trip to Canadian Rockies and Glacier National Park
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 2 Jet to Victoria
- 3 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 4 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 5 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 6 quebec
- 7 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 8 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 9 Fresh Fruit from US
- 10 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 11 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants
- 12 Alberta Wildfires
- 13 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 14 icebergs r us/ canada's far east: st john's NL
- 15 When Train Plans Go Awry—My 2 Day Winnipeg/ Saint Boniface Odyssey
- 16 Niagara Falls Canada
- 17 One Day in Niagra falls with kids
- 18 What do you think of this itinerary Ontario-Qebec trip?
- 19 Driving Victoria to Toronto
- 20 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 21 edmonton-jasper, banff, lake louise
- 22 Grouse or Whistler?
- 23 What all are must go locations in Algonquin Park ?
- 24 Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
- 25 Whale Watching in Lunenburg - has anyone had a good experience?