My husband and I are just beginning to plan a July getaway to the Canadian Rockies and Glacier National Park. We are looking at two to three weeks in July or early August. Thinking of flying in and out of Calgary and renting a car, but would consider other options. We love trains, and would enjoy a one or two day train trip, but don't want to spend the time to go to Vancouver or Toronto. We are interested in exploring Banff, Lake Louise, and possibly Jasper. We also want to spend a couple of days in Glacier National Park. Is it too late to get rooms in any of the park lodges? Know it is the high season, but it works for our schedule. Any "can't miss" locations we should see? We are retired, but very active adults who love to hike, golf and sightsee. We have stayed in lodges and cabins in Yellowstone and Grand Teton and enjoyed them very much. We also like small hotels and B&Bs, but we really don't like to rough it too much. We love to explore small towns and enjoy fine dining and wineries. Any planning advice would be greatly appreciated.
Summer trip to Canadian Rockies and Glacier National Park
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 2 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 3 Toronto: where to stay?
- 4 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 5 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 6 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 7 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 8 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 9 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.
- 10 Heli skiing in March
- 11 Toronto lodgings
- 12 Free parking in Halifax near Waterfront.
- 13 Planing a Trip to Toronto in December
- 14 rockies in september
- 15 Looking for a cold place to visit during my school break
- 16 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 17 Viking Trail
- 18 sample itinerary for multi-generational family to Canadian Rockies in July
- 19 Quebec City trip.report
- 20 Difficulty getting from Montreal to Burlington by public transport help plz
- 21 Best weekend of Carnaval?
- 22 Is anyone has visited eagle lake in ontario
- 23 iPhone in Canada
- 24 Lake Louise/Jasper trip report
- 25 Victoria Dining