My husband and I are just beginning to plan a July getaway to the Canadian Rockies and Glacier National Park. We are looking at two to three weeks in July or early August. Thinking of flying in and out of Calgary and renting a car, but would consider other options. We love trains, and would enjoy a one or two day train trip, but don't want to spend the time to go to Vancouver or Toronto. We are interested in exploring Banff, Lake Louise, and possibly Jasper. We also want to spend a couple of days in Glacier National Park. Is it too late to get rooms in any of the park lodges? Know it is the high season, but it works for our schedule. Any "can't miss" locations we should see? We are retired, but very active adults who love to hike, golf and sightsee. We have stayed in lodges and cabins in Yellowstone and Grand Teton and enjoyed them very much. We also like small hotels and B&Bs, but we really don't like to rough it too much. We love to explore small towns and enjoy fine dining and wineries. Any planning advice would be greatly appreciated.
Summer trip to Canadian Rockies and Glacier National Park
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Help us see Vancouver island
- 2 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 3 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 4 Searching for the `Northern Lights`
- 5 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 6 Lodging in Lake Louise
- 7 Montreal Hop on hopoff bus
- 8 Orleans Express Montreal Station
- 9 Orange County car services for birthdays
- 10 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 11 Rockies Weather Profile for September?
- 12 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 13 17 days in Newfoundland - a good start!
- 14 Ile d'Orléans & Côte-de-Beaupré - getting around on day trips
- 15 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 16 Need help planning travel around New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 17 Stay inside Algonquin park
- 18 Montreal for work -- what to see?
- 19 Brian zucker : choosing between Toronto and Niagara falls
- 20 Buddy MacMaster RIP
- 21 NB, PEI, Nova Scotia in Oct
- 22 Quebec City - week before Christmas or New Year
- 23 Good Restaurants nearby Niagra?
- 24 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 25 Any good ideas for Western Canada?