First just want to thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.
I'm planning to travel to Newfoundland with my boyfriend on July 31st to August 9th. We'll be flying into St. Johns and heading out from there to travel across the island to Gross Mourne and L'anse Aux Meadows eventually making our way back on the 6th for the folk festival ..( Hey Rosetta is playing YEAH!) Yes, I know this is a lot of travel time on the road.
I was wondering if anyone had any suggested travel routes. I don't want to drive on the main highway the whole time and like taking back roads. I know that we want to hit up some coastal towns, small villages etc, but don't know where to start or how to get there. I also like to stay away from touristy locations... I want to see the authentic Newfoundland...again I know Newfoundland doesn't get nearly as touristy as many other places so I'm safe.
We havent booked our car yet which I know is crazy. I just can't believe how expensive it is. $900 and thats a same location drop off...We wanted to originally do a different drop off but that would bring it up to $1700 WOah!
Thanks again and look forward to reading your post.
Super excited to see Newfoundland.
Suggestions for Travel Itineraries in Newfoundland
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Trip Report from Montreal and Quebec City
- 2 Northwest Territories in the summer
- 3 Summer trip to Canadian Rockies and Glacier National Park
- 4 Vancouver and other places in August
- 5 Venue for destination wedding!!
- 6 BUCKET LIST TRIP ACROSS CANADA
- 7 North Vancouver Island
- 8 Rockies trip in June.
- 9 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 10 1st time traveler through Canada in April
- 11 Vancouver hotel Times Square Suites
- 12 Cross-Country Road Trip
- 13 Toronto - Montrel - Toronto
- 14 Visiting Quebec City, Montreal, and a National Park
- 15 Need tips for this trip
- 16 Montreal in july Solo female traveler
- 17 September two week trip to Nova Scotia & PEI
- 18 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 19 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 20 In Jasper: Sawridge Inn or Best Western?
- 21 Eastern Canada from Toronto, Quebec, Ottawa, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 22 Why VIA train tickets spike?
- 23 Newfoundland questions
- 24 2 Months to see Canada, 2015 decision made, now to plan.
- 25 What is drive like between Seattle and Calgary/Lake Louise?