First just want to thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.
I'm planning to travel to Newfoundland with my boyfriend on July 31st to August 9th. We'll be flying into St. Johns and heading out from there to travel across the island to Gross Mourne and L'anse Aux Meadows eventually making our way back on the 6th for the folk festival ..( Hey Rosetta is playing YEAH!) Yes, I know this is a lot of travel time on the road.
I was wondering if anyone had any suggested travel routes. I don't want to drive on the main highway the whole time and like taking back roads. I know that we want to hit up some coastal towns, small villages etc, but don't know where to start or how to get there. I also like to stay away from touristy locations... I want to see the authentic Newfoundland...again I know Newfoundland doesn't get nearly as touristy as many other places so I'm safe.
We havent booked our car yet which I know is crazy. I just can't believe how expensive it is. $900 and thats a same location drop off...We wanted to originally do a different drop off but that would bring it up to $1700 WOah!
Thanks again and look forward to reading your post.
Super excited to see Newfoundland.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Taking a bus from Toronto to Ottawa then on to Montreal and Quebec City
- 2 Roadtrip including Fundy, PEI and Quebec, City
- 3 Train to Vancouver from Toronto
- 4 Layover In Toronto
- 5 Banff, Jasper with one year old
- 6 Need to fill in trip plans with one more destination near Vancouver
- 7 Getting to downtown from Brossard
- 8 Aging can now be Defeated Naturally
- 9 review of hotel in Montral
- 10 Montreal Questions
- 11 Trip report/Burlington, VT to Quebec City to Charlevoix
- 12 Rochester > Montreal > Quebec
- 13 Montreal vs Quebec City for Canada Day
- 14 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 15 Embassy suite Niagara falls, how far is the walk to the casino?
- 16 Waterton National Park
- 17 Economy vs business on VIA rail?
- 18 How do I get from Calgary to Glacier National Park or near by?
- 19 Car rental in Victoria, BC
- 20 Restaurant with amazing view (and decent food) Whistler
- 21 Activities for Children in Vancouver
- 22 Romantic destination in Canada
- 23 Travel Guide to Quebec
- 24 Travel Guide to Quebec
- 25 Newfoundland and Labrador with young children