First just want to thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.
I'm planning to travel to Newfoundland with my boyfriend on July 31st to August 9th. We'll be flying into St. Johns and heading out from there to travel across the island to Gross Mourne and L'anse Aux Meadows eventually making our way back on the 6th for the folk festival ..( Hey Rosetta is playing YEAH!) Yes, I know this is a lot of travel time on the road.
I was wondering if anyone had any suggested travel routes. I don't want to drive on the main highway the whole time and like taking back roads. I know that we want to hit up some coastal towns, small villages etc, but don't know where to start or how to get there. I also like to stay away from touristy locations... I want to see the authentic Newfoundland...again I know Newfoundland doesn't get nearly as touristy as many other places so I'm safe.
We havent booked our car yet which I know is crazy. I just can't believe how expensive it is. $900 and thats a same location drop off...We wanted to originally do a different drop off but that would bring it up to $1700 WOah!
Thanks again and look forward to reading your post.
Super excited to see Newfoundland.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver Chinatown Night Markets
- 2 30th anniversary spot in BC or Alberta in August
- 3 Qualicum Beach, North of Nashville concert
- 4 Quebec province GTG?
- 5 Restaurant in Montreal underground
- 6 57 YEAR OLD GRANDMOTHER BACKPACKS ACROSS CANADA
- 7 banff - trail closed - be bear wise
- 8 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 9 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 10 Best hikes in Banff
- 11 Affordable accommodation for 5 in Tofino
- 12 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 13 Taking Amtrak from Plattsburg to Montreal
- 14 Is this area in Montreal safe?
- 15 Train to Vancouver from Toronto
- 16 Pros and Cons of using a Car in Vancouver
- 17 Nova Scotia hotels
- 18 3 full days in and round Banff
- 19 Victoria/butchart gardens
- 20 Montreal / Quebec City trip
- 21 From Vancouver to Halifax - how best to travel
- 22 Where to stay in Montreal?
- 23 Nova Star
- 24 Victoria
- 25 Pan Pacific, Fairmount Pacific Rim or Fairmount Waterfront?