I am planning a trip to Edmonton, AB in late January to visit my sister as she attends the University of Alberta. We are planning to take a weekend snowboard trip west in the Canadian Rockies. We have traveled to Banff/Jasper twice in summer for hiking and absolutely loved both of our times there. We are avid snowboarders and have been many places in Colorado. We enjoy the groomers as well as back bowls and hike-to-terrain. Would love some ideas or opinions as to which resort is favored or preferred. We are leaning towards Lake Louise just because it's always been something we have wanted to do, but would love some advice/input. We have stayed at HI hostel in Banff and had a good experience, and are wanting to possibly explore similar budget friendly lodging. We are also planning on driving from Edmonton and have never made the drive to Banff in the winter time. Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 2 Keltic Lodge
- 3 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 4 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 5 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 6 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 7 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 8 Icefields Parkway
- 9 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 10 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 11 Travel agencies in Toronto, ON, Canada
- 12 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 13 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 14 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 15 Banff to Jasper and back
- 16 Canmore for a few days
- 17 The Canadian
- 18 2 weeks ‘corridor’, lowbudget daytrips by public bus, book on the spot?
- 19 Road from Calgary to Whitehorse
- 20 Restaurants in Jasper, Alberta
- 21 Getting from Vancouver to Nanaimo without a car
- 22 Going from Banff to Many Glacier without flying
- 23 East to West, Roadtrip
- 24 Tent camping with a dog
- 25 Help with Victoria get away