I am planning a trip to Edmonton, AB in late January to visit my sister as she attends the University of Alberta. We are planning to take a weekend snowboard trip west in the Canadian Rockies. We have traveled to Banff/Jasper twice in summer for hiking and absolutely loved both of our times there. We are avid snowboarders and have been many places in Colorado. We enjoy the groomers as well as back bowls and hike-to-terrain. Would love some ideas or opinions as to which resort is favored or preferred. We are leaning towards Lake Louise just because it's always been something we have wanted to do, but would love some advice/input. We have stayed at HI hostel in Banff and had a good experience, and are wanting to possibly explore similar budget friendly lodging. We are also planning on driving from Edmonton and have never made the drive to Banff in the winter time. Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver Island in Winter
- 2 May2018 Banff accomodations
- 3 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 4 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 5 Saguenay & Sydney...Anything to See/Do?
- 6 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 7 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 8 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 9 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 10 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 11 going to banff/jasper in may 2018
- 12 BC or Alberta drives
- 13 Torino in february
- 14 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 15 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 16 Canadian Thanksgiving Long Weekend Roadtrip Ideas
- 17 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 18 Skiing in Whistler
- 19 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 20 lodging in whistler
- 21 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 22 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 23 My Family Travle Vlog
- 24 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 25 Nova Scotia: Fort Louisbourg?