I'm wondering about using credit cards in Quebec, especially Montreal. Are the new Smart Cards (chip and pin) prevalent there? Or are the old fashioned magnetic strips like our USA cards mostly used? I'm not concerned about toll road or gas stations. I'm asking this question because I'm wondering about ATMs, restaurants and general stores.
Smart Cards in Quebec?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 2 Jet to Victoria
- 3 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 4 quebec
- 5 Fresh Fruit from US
- 6 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 7 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 8 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants
- 9 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 10 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 11 Alberta Wildfires
- 12 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 13 icebergs r us/ canada's far east: st john's NL
- 14 When Train Plans Go Awry—My 2 Day Winnipeg/ Saint Boniface Odyssey
- 15 Niagara Falls Canada
- 16 One Day in Niagra falls with kids
- 17 What do you think of this itinerary Ontario-Qebec trip?
- 18 Driving Victoria to Toronto
- 19 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 20 edmonton-jasper, banff, lake louise
- 21 Grouse or Whistler?
- 22 What all are must go locations in Algonquin Park ?
- 23 Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
- 24 Whale Watching in Lunenburg - has anyone had a good experience?
- 25 East Coast Road Trip from Halifax to Toronto