we will be arriving back into Vancouver on the 4th September after 12days in Alaska and plan to self drive from Vancouver to Whistler then to Japser, Lake Lousie,Banff Kamloops and back into Vancouver on the 15th September.
Could you advise the best routes to take and places that we must see. We are not put off by out of the way places and have plenty of time.
As for accommodation - we do not like to book ahead as we dont like to be tried down to a time schedule - will accommodation be a problem at this time and can you suggest best places to stay - definately not 5 star people - just somewhere clean and comfortable - self contained OK and not neccessary right in the middle of towns.
self drive - vancouver
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 2 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 3 Tofino -Are 5-6 days long enough or too long for family with preschoolers?
- 4 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 5 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 6 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 7 Car Service in Toronto
- 8 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 9 Niagara/Toronto to Quebec & Maybe Montreal--need advice
- 10 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 11 ATM for cash in Vancouver
- 12 Alberta Wildfires
- 13 Niagara Falls Canada
- 14 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 15 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 16 Fresh Fruit from US
- 17 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 18 quebec
- 19 Jet to Victoria
- 20 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 21 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 22 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants
- 23 icebergs r us/ canada's far east: st john's NL
- 24 When Train Plans Go Awry—My 2 Day Winnipeg/ Saint Boniface Odyssey
- 25 One Day in Niagra falls with kids