My partner and I are travelling to Canada in a few weeks from Sydney Australia.
We basically have 3 weeks to travel from Vancouver and see the sights. (We're spending a week in Vancouver with friends).
We're interested in seeing some beautiful scenery and doing some hiking (day hikes 5 - 10kms ish) as we go along.
We're planning on staying in B&Bs along the way and maybe a couple of more upmarket places in Banff/Lake Louise.
The rough plan so far is to drive:
Hope (1 night) 5th August
Oliver (1 or 2 nights)
Kelowna (1 or 2 nights)
Crazy Creek Resort between Sicamous and Revelstoke (2 nights)
Golden/Yoho (2 nights)
Lake Louise (1 night)
Banff (2 nights)
Jasper (2 nights) 17th and 18th August
From here I'm unsure of the best way to get back to Vancouver - this plan would leave us with 2 nights before arriving back in Vancouver no later than the 21st August.
Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed - we're hoping for a relaxed trip with lots of nature. Is this too much of a "whirlwind" itinerary?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://worldmuscleking.com/thrive-max/
- 2 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 3 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 4 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 5 Skiing in Whistler
- 6 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 7 lodging in whistler
- 8 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 9 BC or Alberta drives
- 10 Torino in february
- 11 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 12 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 13 My Family Travle Vlog
- 14 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 15 Nova Scotia: Fort Louisbourg?
- 16 What is famous in canada?
- 17 Looking for fellow travellers
- 18 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 19 Pacific Central Rail Station Vancouver--Taxi?
- 20 Boston to Cabot Trail for foliage
- 21 Happy Canada Day
- 22 Calgary plus Canada Rockies- Advice
- 23 Across Canada by Train
- 24 Montreal & Quebec City
- 25 Ottawa in December