My partner and I are travelling to Canada in a few weeks from Sydney Australia.
We basically have 3 weeks to travel from Vancouver and see the sights. (We're spending a week in Vancouver with friends).
We're interested in seeing some beautiful scenery and doing some hiking (day hikes 5 - 10kms ish) as we go along.
We're planning on staying in B&Bs along the way and maybe a couple of more upmarket places in Banff/Lake Louise.
The rough plan so far is to drive:
Hope (1 night) 5th August
Oliver (1 or 2 nights)
Kelowna (1 or 2 nights)
Crazy Creek Resort between Sicamous and Revelstoke (2 nights)
Golden/Yoho (2 nights)
Lake Louise (1 night)
Banff (2 nights)
Jasper (2 nights) 17th and 18th August
From here I'm unsure of the best way to get back to Vancouver - this plan would leave us with 2 nights before arriving back in Vancouver no later than the 21st August.
Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed - we're hoping for a relaxed trip with lots of nature. Is this too much of a "whirlwind" itinerary?
Seeing the best of BC - starting in Vancouver
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Montreal & Quebec City - advice needed
- 2 Niagara Falls Canada
- 3 Please Help!... Nova Scotia Road Trip
- 4 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 5 Vancouver Trip Report with stay at Four Seasons
- 6 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 7 Banf
- 8 4 days in Vancouver Island
- 9 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 10 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 11 Montreal and Quebec with 12 year old girl
- 12 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 13 Tofino -Are 5-6 days long enough or too long for family with preschoolers?
- 14 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 15 Gaspe
- 16 Tours
- 17 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 18 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 19 Driving from Calgary to U SA
- 20 ATM for cash in Vancouver
- 21 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 22 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 23 Niagara/Toronto to Quebec & Maybe Montreal--need advice
- 24 Alberta Wildfires
- 25 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa