My partner and I are travelling to Canada in a few weeks from Sydney Australia.
We basically have 3 weeks to travel from Vancouver and see the sights. (We're spending a week in Vancouver with friends).
We're interested in seeing some beautiful scenery and doing some hiking (day hikes 5 - 10kms ish) as we go along.
We're planning on staying in B&Bs along the way and maybe a couple of more upmarket places in Banff/Lake Louise.
The rough plan so far is to drive:
Hope (1 night) 5th August
Oliver (1 or 2 nights)
Kelowna (1 or 2 nights)
Crazy Creek Resort between Sicamous and Revelstoke (2 nights)
Golden/Yoho (2 nights)
Lake Louise (1 night)
Banff (2 nights)
Jasper (2 nights) 17th and 18th August
From here I'm unsure of the best way to get back to Vancouver - this plan would leave us with 2 nights before arriving back in Vancouver no later than the 21st August.
Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed - we're hoping for a relaxed trip with lots of nature. Is this too much of a "whirlwind" itinerary?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Banff or Jasper
- 2 Vancouver Suspension Bridges
- 3 which hotel in Vancouver
- 4 Thoughts on a honeymoon in Quebec City
- 5 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 6 Banff and Jasper National Parks
- 7 Banff / Golden September weekend
- 8 Bay of Fundy Weekend
- 9 4 days in Newfoundland
- 10 Mothreal/Quebec trip report
- 11 Banff/Jasper/Yoho Parks and Canmore Trip Report
- 12 Biking in Eastern Canada
- 13 Eastern Townships - biking and wine nirvana
- 14 Jasper Day Hikes
- 15 Nova Scotia and PEI highlights in 6days
- 16 Montreal and cruise to Boston
- 17 Montreal for 4 days
- 18 Opinions on 10 days Ontario & Quebec
- 19 Montreal hotel on level ground
- 20 Maritimes Itinerary
- 21 Nova Scotia vs Newfoundland
- 22 Banff September Weekend
- 23 4 day Excursion from Quebec City
- 24 Must-Sees & Must-Dos in Lake Louise
- 25 Canmore or Banff for lodging?