My partner and I are travelling to Canada in a few weeks from Sydney Australia.
We basically have 3 weeks to travel from Vancouver and see the sights. (We're spending a week in Vancouver with friends).
We're interested in seeing some beautiful scenery and doing some hiking (day hikes 5 - 10kms ish) as we go along.
We're planning on staying in B&Bs along the way and maybe a couple of more upmarket places in Banff/Lake Louise.
The rough plan so far is to drive:
Hope (1 night) 5th August
Oliver (1 or 2 nights)
Kelowna (1 or 2 nights)
Crazy Creek Resort between Sicamous and Revelstoke (2 nights)
Golden/Yoho (2 nights)
Lake Louise (1 night)
Banff (2 nights)
Jasper (2 nights) 17th and 18th August
From here I'm unsure of the best way to get back to Vancouver - this plan would leave us with 2 nights before arriving back in Vancouver no later than the 21st August.
Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed - we're hoping for a relaxed trip with lots of nature. Is this too much of a "whirlwind" itinerary?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 day trip to Victoria
- 2 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 3 Cape Breton, Nova Scotia & PEI
- 4 Van to Alaska Road Trip in 10 days
- 5 Newfoundland in July
- 6 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
- 7 Jasper
- 8 Toronto - Niagara Falls NO CAR
- 9 Foodie Advice for Vancouver...Please!
- 10 roadtrip kelowna and alberta
- 11 Planning a week in Canadian Rockies, need some help with itinerary !
- 12 Family vacation
- 13 Ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay
- 14 4-6 hours in Gaspe
- 15 Drive from Spokane to Yoho/Banff/Jasper
- 16 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 17 UP, Manitoulin, and Quebec Driving
- 18 A month in Atlantic Canada
- 19 Calgary Stampede
- 20 My Trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 21 Fairmont Hot Springs
- 22 11 Day Road trip
- 23 Canada - 1st time
- 24 Niagra Falls, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal?
- 25 Halifax port restaurants