My partner and I are travelling to Canada in a few weeks from Sydney Australia.
We basically have 3 weeks to travel from Vancouver and see the sights. (We're spending a week in Vancouver with friends).
We're interested in seeing some beautiful scenery and doing some hiking (day hikes 5 - 10kms ish) as we go along.
We're planning on staying in B&Bs along the way and maybe a couple of more upmarket places in Banff/Lake Louise.
The rough plan so far is to drive:
Hope (1 night) 5th August
Oliver (1 or 2 nights)
Kelowna (1 or 2 nights)
Crazy Creek Resort between Sicamous and Revelstoke (2 nights)
Golden/Yoho (2 nights)
Lake Louise (1 night)
Banff (2 nights)
Jasper (2 nights) 17th and 18th August
From here I'm unsure of the best way to get back to Vancouver - this plan would leave us with 2 nights before arriving back in Vancouver no later than the 21st August.
Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed - we're hoping for a relaxed trip with lots of nature. Is this too much of a "whirlwind" itinerary?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Rockies Tour, itinerary critic.
- 2 Victoria or Qualicum BEACH in winter
- 3 Vancouver in June
- 4 Halifax to Moncton
- 5 Initial planning for Vancouver and Tofino in September
- 6 Marriott Chateau Champlain beside Bell Centre
- 7 Rockies or Atlantic Canada?
- 8 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 9 Restaurant in Montreal underground
- 10 3 days in europe
- 11 Qualicum Beach, North of Nashville concert
- 12 30th anniversary spot in BC or Alberta in August
- 13 Vancouver Chinatown Night Markets
- 14 Quebec province GTG?
- 15 57 YEAR OLD GRANDMOTHER BACKPACKS ACROSS CANADA
- 16 banff - trail closed - be bear wise
- 17 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 18 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 19 Best hikes in Banff
- 20 Affordable accommodation for 5 in Tofino
- 21 Taking Amtrak from Plattsburg to Montreal
- 22 Is this area in Montreal safe?
- 23 Train to Vancouver from Toronto
- 24 Pros and Cons of using a Car in Vancouver
- 25 Nova Scotia hotels