My partner and I are travelling to Canada in a few weeks from Sydney Australia.
We basically have 3 weeks to travel from Vancouver and see the sights. (We're spending a week in Vancouver with friends).
We're interested in seeing some beautiful scenery and doing some hiking (day hikes 5 - 10kms ish) as we go along.
We're planning on staying in B&Bs along the way and maybe a couple of more upmarket places in Banff/Lake Louise.
The rough plan so far is to drive:
Hope (1 night) 5th August
Oliver (1 or 2 nights)
Kelowna (1 or 2 nights)
Crazy Creek Resort between Sicamous and Revelstoke (2 nights)
Golden/Yoho (2 nights)
Lake Louise (1 night)
Banff (2 nights)
Jasper (2 nights) 17th and 18th August
From here I'm unsure of the best way to get back to Vancouver - this plan would leave us with 2 nights before arriving back in Vancouver no later than the 21st August.
Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed - we're hoping for a relaxed trip with lots of nature. Is this too much of a "whirlwind" itinerary?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Feedback on itinerary - Mid October Banff/Lake Louise/jasper
- 2 Halifax Nova Scotia to Peggy's Cove
- 3 Quebec City
- 4 Family ski holiday
- 5 First Time Trip To Canada!!
- 6 Vancouver and Victoria recommendations
- 7 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 8 Please help with BC itinerary
- 9 Travel through Chicago
- 10 Vancouver hotel question
- 11 Banff in October
- 12 Vancouver First Timer - What to do, see?
- 13 Toronto or Quebec City?
- 14 Niagara Falls in Oct
- 15 quebec city and wine route
- 16 Montreal, Quebec City and Vermont
- 17 A week in Eastern Newfoundland
- 18 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 19 Gypsy Guide to Driving the Icefield Parkway
- 20 Victoria?
- 21 Fishing Canada. Opinions and Rec's much needed.
- 22 Nova Scotia vs Newfoundland
- 23 Calgary
- 24 Calgary-Banff-Lake Louise-Jasper - Edmonton
- 25 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.