My partner and I are travelling to Canada in a few weeks from Sydney Australia.
We basically have 3 weeks to travel from Vancouver and see the sights. (We're spending a week in Vancouver with friends).
We're interested in seeing some beautiful scenery and doing some hiking (day hikes 5 - 10kms ish) as we go along.
We're planning on staying in B&Bs along the way and maybe a couple of more upmarket places in Banff/Lake Louise.
The rough plan so far is to drive:
Hope (1 night) 5th August
Oliver (1 or 2 nights)
Kelowna (1 or 2 nights)
Crazy Creek Resort between Sicamous and Revelstoke (2 nights)
Golden/Yoho (2 nights)
Lake Louise (1 night)
Banff (2 nights)
Jasper (2 nights) 17th and 18th August
From here I'm unsure of the best way to get back to Vancouver - this plan would leave us with 2 nights before arriving back in Vancouver no later than the 21st August.
Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed - we're hoping for a relaxed trip with lots of nature. Is this too much of a "whirlwind" itinerary?
Seeing the best of BC - starting in Vancouver
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 2 Short term lodging
- 3 Buffet Lunch near Niagra Falls?
- 4 Toronto: where to stay?
- 5 Vancouver top restaurant
- 6 Montreal Entertainment
- 7 Heli skiing in March
- 8 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 9 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 10 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 11 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 12 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 13 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 14 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 15 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 16 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.
- 17 Toronto lodgings
- 18 Free parking in Halifax near Waterfront.
- 19 Planing a Trip to Toronto in December
- 20 rockies in september
- 21 Looking for a cold place to visit during my school break
- 22 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 23 Viking Trail
- 24 sample itinerary for multi-generational family to Canadian Rockies in July
- 25 Quebec City trip.report