My partner and I are travelling to Canada in a few weeks from Sydney Australia.
We basically have 3 weeks to travel from Vancouver and see the sights. (We're spending a week in Vancouver with friends).
We're interested in seeing some beautiful scenery and doing some hiking (day hikes 5 - 10kms ish) as we go along.
We're planning on staying in B&Bs along the way and maybe a couple of more upmarket places in Banff/Lake Louise.
The rough plan so far is to drive:
Hope (1 night) 5th August
Oliver (1 or 2 nights)
Kelowna (1 or 2 nights)
Crazy Creek Resort between Sicamous and Revelstoke (2 nights)
Golden/Yoho (2 nights)
Lake Louise (1 night)
Banff (2 nights)
Jasper (2 nights) 17th and 18th August
From here I'm unsure of the best way to get back to Vancouver - this plan would leave us with 2 nights before arriving back in Vancouver no later than the 21st August.
Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed - we're hoping for a relaxed trip with lots of nature. Is this too much of a "whirlwind" itinerary?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 loving OTTAWA
- 2 Mont Tremblant B & B
- 3 Cape Breton Trip
- 4 Need travel help from Toronto to Vermont!
- 5 Banff / Jasper and Vancouver
- 6 Vancouver for Christmas
- 7 Nova Scotia Itinerary
- 8 Montreal, Quebec City and Vermont
- 9 Victoria?
- 10 Marvellous Montreal
- 11 Pacific Northwest Itinerary Help: Victoria, Vancouver, Whistler, Seattle
- 12 Vancouver, Mountains, Public Transit
- 13 Wheelchair accessible trails, sights, activities, etc?
- 14 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.
- 15 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 16 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 17 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 18 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 19 Road trip to Maritime Provinces
- 20 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 21 Cape Breton Island and Nova Scotia
- 22 One afternoon/night in Calgary.
- 23 Running in Jasper in late summer
- 24 Accomodation in Whistler, B.C.
- 25 Canadian Rockies Itinerary input?