My partner and I are travelling to Canada in a few weeks from Sydney Australia.
We basically have 3 weeks to travel from Vancouver and see the sights. (We're spending a week in Vancouver with friends).
We're interested in seeing some beautiful scenery and doing some hiking (day hikes 5 - 10kms ish) as we go along.
We're planning on staying in B&Bs along the way and maybe a couple of more upmarket places in Banff/Lake Louise.
The rough plan so far is to drive:
Hope (1 night) 5th August
Oliver (1 or 2 nights)
Kelowna (1 or 2 nights)
Crazy Creek Resort between Sicamous and Revelstoke (2 nights)
Golden/Yoho (2 nights)
Lake Louise (1 night)
Banff (2 nights)
Jasper (2 nights) 17th and 18th August
From here I'm unsure of the best way to get back to Vancouver - this plan would leave us with 2 nights before arriving back in Vancouver no later than the 21st August.
Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed - we're hoping for a relaxed trip with lots of nature. Is this too much of a "whirlwind" itinerary?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 2 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 3 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 4 March in Montreal?
- 5 Eastern Canada in December
- 6 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 7 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 8 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 9 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 10 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 11 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 12 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 13 Tofino
- 14 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 15 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 16 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 17 11th and 12th grade
- 18 Vancouver trip report!
- 19 Moving to Nova Scotia
- 20 Toronto and Niagara Falls in November
- 21 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 22 looking to experience Canada by train
- 23 Drive from PEI to Quebec City
- 24 Places to stay in Kelowna, British Columbia
- 25 5 day road trip from Vancouver to Calgary