My partner and I are travelling to Canada in a few weeks from Sydney Australia.
We basically have 3 weeks to travel from Vancouver and see the sights. (We're spending a week in Vancouver with friends).
We're interested in seeing some beautiful scenery and doing some hiking (day hikes 5 - 10kms ish) as we go along.
We're planning on staying in B&Bs along the way and maybe a couple of more upmarket places in Banff/Lake Louise.
The rough plan so far is to drive:
Hope (1 night) 5th August
Oliver (1 or 2 nights)
Kelowna (1 or 2 nights)
Crazy Creek Resort between Sicamous and Revelstoke (2 nights)
Golden/Yoho (2 nights)
Lake Louise (1 night)
Banff (2 nights)
Jasper (2 nights) 17th and 18th August
From here I'm unsure of the best way to get back to Vancouver - this plan would leave us with 2 nights before arriving back in Vancouver no later than the 21st August.
Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed - we're hoping for a relaxed trip with lots of nature. Is this too much of a "whirlwind" itinerary?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Aussies first trip to NS, PEI & NB
- 2 alaska and British Columbia
- 3 Must see places in Toronto
- 4 Half day in Vancouver
- 5 Insurance after a heart attack
- 6 Indian Summer (Montmorency Falls)
- 7 When to Visit Canadian Rockies
- 8 Budget travel deal Toronto-Ottawa-Montreal-Quebec City
- 9 What to see in IceField Parkway ?
- 10 Canadian Rockies: when to go, where to base?
- 11 good lobster roll
- 12 Can I drive across the rocky mountains in mid-April, without snow tires?
- 13 Banff/Jasper/Yoho Parks and Canmore Trip Report
- 14 Suggest some best places to travel and accommodation facilities in Toronto
- 15 Road trip Vancouver to Seattle?
- 16 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 17 Montreal or Toronto?
- 18 Visit the east coast in July /16
- 19 Trip Report--Canadian Rockies
- 20 One night in Calgary - accommodation suggestions please
- 21 Which boat trip to take under the Falls
- 22 Western Ontario and Manitoba Drive
- 23 Canada in Feb 2016
- 24 King City and surrounding
- 25 Georgia to Fairbanks