My partner and I are travelling to Canada in a few weeks from Sydney Australia.
We basically have 3 weeks to travel from Vancouver and see the sights. (We're spending a week in Vancouver with friends).
We're interested in seeing some beautiful scenery and doing some hiking (day hikes 5 - 10kms ish) as we go along.
We're planning on staying in B&Bs along the way and maybe a couple of more upmarket places in Banff/Lake Louise.
The rough plan so far is to drive:
Hope (1 night) 5th August
Oliver (1 or 2 nights)
Kelowna (1 or 2 nights)
Crazy Creek Resort between Sicamous and Revelstoke (2 nights)
Golden/Yoho (2 nights)
Lake Louise (1 night)
Banff (2 nights)
Jasper (2 nights) 17th and 18th August
From here I'm unsure of the best way to get back to Vancouver - this plan would leave us with 2 nights before arriving back in Vancouver no later than the 21st August.
Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed - we're hoping for a relaxed trip with lots of nature. Is this too much of a "whirlwind" itinerary?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Transporation - Quebec City to Montreal?
- 2 Rocky Mountaineer added to Cruise?
- 3 Vancouver 2016 Trip Report
- 4 4 Night Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper Itinerary Help Request
- 5 First Time Trip To Canada!!
- 6 Victoria, BC and Ottawa, ON -- similar?
- 7 Weekend in Calgary
- 8 Niagra Falls
- 9 One Week In Newfoundland itinerary advice.
- 10 First Time Trip to Canada
- 11 Bus trip packing for August, Vancouver & Banff
- 12 Calgary-Vancouver-Calgary 12-day road trip
- 13 Irish Loop, Newfoundland
- 14 Seattle/Vancouver Retreat
- 15 A week in Eastern Newfoundland
- 16 Road trip from Toronto to New Brunswick and back
- 17 a visit to st john's one of the oldest cities
- 18 Need Help for First Trip to Toronto
- 19 Maritimes Trip - First Time 2016
- 20 How were you treated in Quebec?
- 21 ideas for a short trip near Niagara
- 22 Dog Sled, Aurora & Niagara!!
- 23 Banff / Jasper 6 days
- 24 Road Trip to Calgary
- 25 Montreal to Quebec Ciry