I’ll be in Vancouver in June 2012 and would like to visit the Rockies. I have seen quite a few itinerates online but all have been for fairly long trips. I have about 6 days and plan to hire a car in Vancouver, visit the sights along route and drop off the car before flying back to Vancouver. Can anyone suggest the best route for this limited time, taking in the major highlights? I don’t mind which airport I end up at as long as there are flights back to Vancouver for my connecting London flight. I think Calgary might be best? Also should I pre-book accommodation en-route at that time of year? Thanks in advance
Scenic short road trip Vancouver-Rockies
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Montreal for work -- what to see?
- 2 Stay inside Algonquin park
- 3 Buddy MacMaster RIP
- 4 Need help planning travel around New Brunswick and Nova Scotia
- 5 Transportation Montreal to Quebec City. Bus or train?
- 6 NB, PEI, Nova Scotia in Oct
- 7 Quebec City - week before Christmas or New Year
- 8 Good Restaurants nearby Niagra?
- 9 Long-overdue Trip report for Ontario, Albert and British Columbia.
- 10 Moraine lake / larch valley / sentinal pass vs plain of six glaciers
- 11 Brian zucker : choosing between Toronto and Niagara falls
- 12 Orange County car services for birthdays
- 13 Rockies Weather Profile for September?
- 14 Hoping for Autumn Colors
- 15 Looking for gallery wine events in Vancouver.
- 16 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 17 gasrun.ca, ever wonder how much it costs to drive from A to B?
- 18 Halifax-PEI
- 19 PEI and Nova Scotia
- 20 4 days in Vancouver Island
- 21 Torn about our July multi-generation vacation
- 22 Connecticut to Nova Scotia
- 23 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 24 Quebec City hotel near VIA Rail station
- 25 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI