For my mother's 80th birthday, my sister and I and our families (husbands plus three boys 7, 9 and 12), are going to go to the Canadian Rockies for a week in July 2015. We went as children and she wants to go back. We are from the Washington, DC area so will be flying to Alberta. I need some advice on sample itineraries as well as accommodations and transportation. We need budget accommodations for most of the trip (renting space in homes etc...) but would like to have a nice/quaint cabin for a night or two also. I welcome any suggestions!
Tentatively this is our thought:
Fly in and out of Calgary
Day 1: Calgary
Day 2-5-drive to Banff and base ourselves there (stay 3 days)--from here see Lake Louise, YoHo, Emerald Lake, Moraine Lake.
Day 5-6: Drive to Jasper (stay here two days)
Day 7: get back to Calgary
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.trimplexeliteavis.com/leuxia-et-mastique/
- 2 Alternatives to expensive hotel parking in Niagara Falls, Canada?
- 3 Eastern Townships late Dec. 2016
- 4 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 5 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 6 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 7 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 8 March in Montreal?
- 9 Eastern Canada in December
- 10 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 11 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 12 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 13 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 14 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 15 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 16 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 17 Tofino
- 18 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 19 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 20 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 21 11th and 12th grade
- 22 Vancouver trip report!
- 23 Moving to Nova Scotia
- 24 Toronto and Niagara Falls in November
- 25 Newfoundland itinerary help
sample itinerary for multi-generational family to Canadian Rockies in July