For my mother's 80th birthday, my sister and I and our families (husbands plus three boys 7, 9 and 12), are going to go to the Canadian Rockies for a week in July 2015. We went as children and she wants to go back. We are from the Washington, DC area so will be flying to Alberta. I need some advice on sample itineraries as well as accommodations and transportation. We need budget accommodations for most of the trip (renting space in homes etc...) but would like to have a nice/quaint cabin for a night or two also. I welcome any suggestions!
Tentatively this is our thought:
Fly in and out of Calgary
Day 1: Calgary
Day 2-5-drive to Banff and base ourselves there (stay 3 days)--from here see Lake Louise, YoHo, Emerald Lake, Moraine Lake.
Day 5-6: Drive to Jasper (stay here two days)
Day 7: get back to Calgary
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.ineedmotivations.com/how-does-honey-help-acne/
- 2 BrITISH COLUMBIA IN 4 DAYS
- 3 Honeymoon in Canada. SUGGESTIONS?
- 4 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 5 need accommodation suggestions for Banff and Jasper
- 6 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 7 Nova Scotia and Quebec
- 8 7 Day Trip to PEI and Cape Breton Islands with Vegetarian Options
- 9 Best Jasper Campground
- 10 Freedom of speech in reviews
- 11 RV trip Calgary to Vancouver
- 12 Car Rental from Montreal to Boston
- 13 Victoria in December
- 14 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 15 Opportunity for business loan
- 16 BEWARE! - CAR RENTAL NIGHTMARE! London, Ontario
- 17 Road trip from Minneapolis to Ontario.. suggestions for 91yr old
- 18 Nova Scotia - October
- 19 Smoke at Banff and Jasper?
- 20 Low Altitude Mountain Destinations
- 21 Across Canada by Train
- 22 Mont Tremblant attractions
- 23 Victoria to Vancouver (best travel options)
- 24 Nova Scotia
- 25 Halifax/PE in 6 nights
sample itinerary for multi-generational family to Canadian Rockies in July