For my mother's 80th birthday, my sister and I and our families (husbands plus three boys 7, 9 and 12), are going to go to the Canadian Rockies for a week in July 2015. We went as children and she wants to go back. We are from the Washington, DC area so will be flying to Alberta. I need some advice on sample itineraries as well as accommodations and transportation. We need budget accommodations for most of the trip (renting space in homes etc...) but would like to have a nice/quaint cabin for a night or two also. I welcome any suggestions!
Tentatively this is our thought:
Fly in and out of Calgary
Day 1: Calgary
Day 2-5-drive to Banff and base ourselves there (stay 3 days)--from here see Lake Louise, YoHo, Emerald Lake, Moraine Lake.
Day 5-6: Drive to Jasper (stay here two days)
Day 7: get back to Calgary
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementscart.com/paravex/
- 2 Fastest way Ottawa-Toronto
- 3 Layover in Toronto
- 4 45th Birthday Getaway
- 5 45th Birthday Getaway
- 6 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 7 Travel agencies in Toronto, ON, Canada
- 8 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 9 Icefields Parkway
- 10 Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise, Calgary ITINERARY
- 11 Eastern Canada trip with 3 kids -- advice/itinerary needed
- 12 Driving From Vancouver to Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise all over
- 13 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 14 Keltic Lodge
- 15 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 16 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 17 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 18 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 19 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 20 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 21 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 22 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 23 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 24 Banff to Jasper and back
- 25 Canmore for a few days
sample itinerary for multi-generational family to Canadian Rockies in July