For my mother's 80th birthday, my sister and I and our families (husbands plus three boys 7, 9 and 12), are going to go to the Canadian Rockies for a week in July 2015. We went as children and she wants to go back. We are from the Washington, DC area so will be flying to Alberta. I need some advice on sample itineraries as well as accommodations and transportation. We need budget accommodations for most of the trip (renting space in homes etc...) but would like to have a nice/quaint cabin for a night or two also. I welcome any suggestions!
Tentatively this is our thought:
Fly in and out of Calgary
Day 1: Calgary
Day 2-5-drive to Banff and base ourselves there (stay 3 days)--from here see Lake Louise, YoHo, Emerald Lake, Moraine Lake.
Day 5-6: Drive to Jasper (stay here two days)
Day 7: get back to Calgary
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 2 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 3 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 4 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 5 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 6 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 7 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 8 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 9 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 10 Quebec to yarmouth
- 11 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 12 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 13 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 14 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 15 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 16 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 17 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 18 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 19 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 20 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 21 Pearson Airport logistics
- 22 Based in PEI, visit to NS or NB?
- 23 Columbia Icefields Parkway
- 24 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 25 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
sample itinerary for multi-generational family to Canadian Rockies in July