For my mother's 80th birthday, my sister and I and our families (husbands plus three boys 7, 9 and 12), are going to go to the Canadian Rockies for a week in July 2015. We went as children and she wants to go back. We are from the Washington, DC area so will be flying to Alberta. I need some advice on sample itineraries as well as accommodations and transportation. We need budget accommodations for most of the trip (renting space in homes etc...) but would like to have a nice/quaint cabin for a night or two also. I welcome any suggestions!
Tentatively this is our thought:
Fly in and out of Calgary
Day 1: Calgary
Day 2-5-drive to Banff and base ourselves there (stay 3 days)--from here see Lake Louise, YoHo, Emerald Lake, Moraine Lake.
Day 5-6: Drive to Jasper (stay here two days)
Day 7: get back to Calgary
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 2 Best unique meals in Toronto?
- 3 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 4 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 5 9 day Itinerary Banff Lake Louise Jasper
- 6 What are best Caribbean restaurants in Toronto?
- 7 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 8 Detroit to Windsor must do's
- 9 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 10 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 11 Temporary residency in Canada
- 12 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 13 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 14 water filtration
- 15 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 16 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 17 Western Canada in August
- 18 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 19 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 20 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 21 Jasper with two elderly
- 22 Dempster highway in early September
- 23 jasper
- 24 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 25 Toronto-afternoon tea
sample itinerary for multi-generational family to Canadian Rockies in July