We will be 4 adults travelling to the rockies with a 15 month old toddler in mid/end May. We will fly in and out of Calgary. We fly in to Calgary in the morning (10am) and out in the evening (6pm) and have 6 nights total - renting a car from the airport. We are flying from Vancouver so not a very long flight. Our thoughts were to drive straight to Lake Louise for 2 nights, Jasper 2 nights, Banff 2 nights and really just see Calgary on the final day before we fly out. Also considering 2:3:1 but would rather not stay in more than 3 different places due to the little guy. I think we need to break up the drive from calgary to jasper each way with an overnight stay for sanity's sake but open to suggestions. I would also appreciate any advice regarding the best locations given the time of year (winter-early spring in the mountains) and accommodation options like 2 bedroom cabins or hotels with adjoining rooms so the adults can hangout when the baby goes to bed early!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 24 hours in Toronto
- 2 Ontario to PEI Roadtrip!
- 3 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
- 4 Vancouver 4 days
- 5 Looks for Sites in Manitoba
- 6 Do I need a rental car for travel to Seattle and Vancouver (Sept 2016)?
- 7 Trip to Tornoto
- 8 Marvellous Montreal
- 9 Cross country road trip in Déc 2016
- 10 Hotels in Montreal near McGill University
- 11 Please advice on 1.5 day itinerary in Jasper, Banff
- 12 Little over three days in Vancouver
- 13 Quebec Province & City,Montreal
- 14 One week in August British Columbia or Pacific Northwest
- 15 Gettinng around Jasper
- 16 Help Seattle Vancouver Is Whistler vs.Via Rail rockies
- 17 Nova Scotia Late Aug. are Reservations Necessary
- 18 Nova Scotia & PEI Hiking
- 19 Help - Winnipeg to vancouver roadtrip
- 20 Early 30's Couple Spending Two weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 21 Travel Tips: Backcountry Camping
- 22 Nova Scotia 10 days July Couple for Relaxation and Nature
- 23 Vancouver customs time??
- 24 Planning a trip to Winnipeg
- 25 Cell Phones in Canada