We will be 4 adults travelling to the rockies with a 15 month old toddler in mid/end May. We will fly in and out of Calgary. We fly in to Calgary in the morning (10am) and out in the evening (6pm) and have 6 nights total - renting a car from the airport. We are flying from Vancouver so not a very long flight. Our thoughts were to drive straight to Lake Louise for 2 nights, Jasper 2 nights, Banff 2 nights and really just see Calgary on the final day before we fly out. Also considering 2:3:1 but would rather not stay in more than 3 different places due to the little guy. I think we need to break up the drive from calgary to jasper each way with an overnight stay for sanity's sake but open to suggestions. I would also appreciate any advice regarding the best locations given the time of year (winter-early spring in the mountains) and accommodation options like 2 bedroom cabins or hotels with adjoining rooms so the adults can hangout when the baby goes to bed early!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 2 Skiing in Whistler
- 3 How to Eat Properly. for Your Best Digestion | Shaylagarland
- 4 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 5 lodging in whistler
- 6 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 7 BC or Alberta drives
- 8 Torino in february
- 9 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 10 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 11 My Family Travle Vlog
- 12 Banff - best route to visit these highlights
- 13 Nova Scotia: Fort Louisbourg?
- 14 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 15 What is famous in canada?
- 16 Looking for fellow travellers
- 17 Banff conference- 2 days to sightsee
- 18 Pacific Central Rail Station Vancouver--Taxi?
- 19 Boston to Cabot Trail for foliage
- 20 Happy Canada Day
- 21 Calgary plus Canada Rockies- Advice
- 22 Across Canada by Train
- 23 Montreal & Quebec City
- 24 Ottawa in December
- 25 Recommended car hire