We will be 4 adults travelling to the rockies with a 15 month old toddler in mid/end May. We will fly in and out of Calgary. We fly in to Calgary in the morning (10am) and out in the evening (6pm) and have 6 nights total - renting a car from the airport. We are flying from Vancouver so not a very long flight. Our thoughts were to drive straight to Lake Louise for 2 nights, Jasper 2 nights, Banff 2 nights and really just see Calgary on the final day before we fly out. Also considering 2:3:1 but would rather not stay in more than 3 different places due to the little guy. I think we need to break up the drive from calgary to jasper each way with an overnight stay for sanity's sake but open to suggestions. I would also appreciate any advice regarding the best locations given the time of year (winter-early spring in the mountains) and accommodation options like 2 bedroom cabins or hotels with adjoining rooms so the adults can hangout when the baby goes to bed early!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Quebec City in mid-November
- 2 5 day road trip from Vancouver to Calgary
- 3 Toronto Union Station area for a few evening hours
- 4 Lake Louise to Seattle Washington
- 5 Places to stay in Kelowna, British Columbia
- 6 Eastern Canada in December
- 7 Preferred Route for Driving the Rockies in November
- 8 Roadtrip ON-NL
- 9 Calgary
- 10 Tofino
- 11 Vegetarian Restaurant Recommendations Quebec City
- 12 Gypsy Guide to Driving the Icefield Parkway
- 13 Would you stay in Quesnel?
- 14 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 15 Toronto or Quebec City?
- 16 Banff in October
- 17 Halifax Nova Scotia to Peggy's Cove
- 18 Quebec City in autumn
- 19 Feedback on itinerary - Mid October Banff/Lake Louise/jasper
- 20 Quebec City
- 21 Family ski holiday
- 22 First Time Trip To Canada!!
- 23 Vancouver and Victoria recommendations
- 24 Please help with BC itinerary
- 25 Travel through Chicago