We will be 4 adults travelling to the rockies with a 15 month old toddler in mid/end May. We will fly in and out of Calgary. We fly in to Calgary in the morning (10am) and out in the evening (6pm) and have 6 nights total - renting a car from the airport. We are flying from Vancouver so not a very long flight. Our thoughts were to drive straight to Lake Louise for 2 nights, Jasper 2 nights, Banff 2 nights and really just see Calgary on the final day before we fly out. Also considering 2:3:1 but would rather not stay in more than 3 different places due to the little guy. I think we need to break up the drive from calgary to jasper each way with an overnight stay for sanity's sake but open to suggestions. I would also appreciate any advice regarding the best locations given the time of year (winter-early spring in the mountains) and accommodation options like 2 bedroom cabins or hotels with adjoining rooms so the adults can hangout when the baby goes to bed early!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 travel to Lake Louise
- 2 Quebec City in January
- 3 Teta’s Mediterranean Kitchen & Bakery
- 4 Montreal in April
- 5 extremely good dietary supplement
- 6 Need help planning a trip from East Coast to Montreal
- 7 Corporate party
- 8 Quebec & Montreal + Wheelchair
- 9 14 day road trip itinerary from Calgary to Vancouver
- 10 Aussies first trip to NS, PEI & NB
- 11 Hotels in Quebec City
- 12 Northern Lights
- 13 Flying from Toronto to London
- 14 Rental car
- 15 Toronto 4 Nights - Must Do?
- 16 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 17 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 18 Cross country drive
- 19 For Those Who Struggle With Quebec French
- 20 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 21 Girls Weekend in Toronto
- 22 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 23 Vancouver - Need restaurant suggestions Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
- 24 Ashisgh Dewan requires advice for Canada Toronto Trip
- 25 Toronto - which neighbourhood should we stay in?