This summer (May-October) I would like to drive the famous Alaska Highway to Whitehorse (16th time), on to Dawson City (4th time) and up the Dempster highway across the Arctic Circle (1st time). I know the highways and history well. While the paving of the Alaska Highway has reduced some of the challenge since my first trip in 1975, the Dempster is still an adventure awaiting me. My vehicle and I are well prepared for the trip, but my dog and I would like an enthusiastic companion. I am a 43 y.o. male looking for a female companion up to the adventure. Side trips could included Skaguay Alaska, Fort Liard NWT or Anchorage Alaska. While I have hiked the Chilkoot Trail between Skaguay and Yukon, and reservations usually have to be made well in advance, this is a possible side trip as well.
Roadtrip to the Arctic Circle
View all Canada activity »
- 1 Parking in Montreal
- 2 Winter getaway to Quebec City!!
- 3 Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver - May/June 14
- 4 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 5 VANCOUVER AUGUST 2014
- 6 Golden BC
- 7 Looking for suggestions: Banff activities for 7-year old
- 8 Camping in Banff & Jasper Natl Parks
- 9 Which area to live in Kelowna? Help please.
- 10 HELP ! Where to move in Vancouver?
- 11 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 12 Two students going to Montreal/Quebec City for cheap
- 13 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 14 Recommended language schools in Montreal or Quebec City?
- 15 Christmas Eve Dinner in Quebec City with kids
- 16 alberta is experiencing a big storm dec 2
- 17 Ucluelet or Tofino
- 18 Banff/Canmore, Lake Louise (Field?) and Jasper in July
- 19 Golden, British Columbia
- 20 Northern Lights at Banff National Park in Winter?
- 21 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 22 Best time of year and place for salmon fishing
- 23 tofino kayaking and fishing
- 24 Hiking Crypt Lake in May
- 25 Trip to Maritime Provinces