This summer (May-October) I would like to drive the famous Alaska Highway to Whitehorse (16th time), on to Dawson City (4th time) and up the Dempster highway across the Arctic Circle (1st time). I know the highways and history well. While the paving of the Alaska Highway has reduced some of the challenge since my first trip in 1975, the Dempster is still an adventure awaiting me. My vehicle and I are well prepared for the trip, but my dog and I would like an enthusiastic companion. I am a 43 y.o. male looking for a female companion up to the adventure. Side trips could included Skaguay Alaska, Fort Liard NWT or Anchorage Alaska. While I have hiked the Chilkoot Trail between Skaguay and Yukon, and reservations usually have to be made well in advance, this is a possible side trip as well.
Roadtrip to the Arctic Circle
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 HELP! NB or PEI? I only have two days in my itinerary.
- 2 Two choices for PEI house for a week; which is better?
- 3 HELP! PEI or NB? I have only two days spare in my itinerary.
- 4 NYC to Montreal by train
- 5 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 6 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 7 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 8 Where to stay in Banff?
- 9 Transport of cremated remains
- 10 Rockies trip in June.
- 11 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 12 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 13 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 14 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 15 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 16 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 17 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 18 7 Days in Newfoundland
- 19 boarder crossing question
- 20 Best Areas to Stay in Montreal
- 21 Calgary hotel help needed
- 22 Air Canada vs Westjet for flight to Barbados from Toronto
- 23 a week in St John's, NL
- 24 Where to go with grandson in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick , PEI
- 25 graduation in Vancouver