I am hoping to go on a roadtrip with 5 close friends to the 13 provinces and territories of Canada as well as the 49 states (Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find an RV to drive across the Pacific in, so Hawaii won't be happening this time ). I am Canadian, the rest of my group is American. We have one week for each province or state (62 weeks total), but we will probably adjust that so small areas (or boring ones!) get less time, and exciting places like British Columbia or California get a bit more time.
Within our group, on egirl owns a fairly large RV that we plan on using; I do have a question though; are we better to tow a car, or rent cars in large cities (Los Angeles, etc)?
We were initially planning to start on the East Coast, and work South then West, but due to seasonal changes, we decided to start in Ontario, work along western Canada and Alaska; before heading South. Our time frame is May 2014 until August 2015.
I have taken several short car roadtrips (longest being 2-3 days driving each way - with 17 hour drive days being put in) but I have never driven an RV....Even though it is not my RV, In most situations I will be driving the most.
If anyone has taken extended or RV roadtrips, or roadtrips across the US and Canada, any advice you could give me would be fabulous!
We have a rough budget in place (covering travel insurance, repairs, gas, food and lodging) but nothing is definite as I don't have a definite itinerary yet.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 2 Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise, Calgary ITINERARY
- 3 Travel agencies in Toronto, ON, Canada
- 4 Driving From Vancouver to Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise all over
- 5 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 6 Keltic Lodge
- 7 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 8 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 9 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 10 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 11 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 12 Icefields Parkway
- 13 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 14 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 15 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 16 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 17 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 18 Banff to Jasper and back
- 19 Canmore for a few days
- 20 The Canadian
- 21 2 weeks ‘corridor’, lowbudget daytrips by public bus, book on the spot?
- 22 Road from Calgary to Whitehorse
- 23 Restaurants in Jasper, Alberta
- 24 Getting from Vancouver to Nanaimo without a car
- 25 Going from Banff to Many Glacier without flying
Roadtrip to all provinces, territories + 49 United States?