I am hoping to go on a roadtrip with 5 close friends to the 13 provinces and territories of Canada as well as the 49 states (Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find an RV to drive across the Pacific in, so Hawaii won't be happening this time ). I am Canadian, the rest of my group is American. We have one week for each province or state (62 weeks total), but we will probably adjust that so small areas (or boring ones!) get less time, and exciting places like British Columbia or California get a bit more time.
Within our group, on egirl owns a fairly large RV that we plan on using; I do have a question though; are we better to tow a car, or rent cars in large cities (Los Angeles, etc)?
We were initially planning to start on the East Coast, and work South then West, but due to seasonal changes, we decided to start in Ontario, work along western Canada and Alaska; before heading South. Our time frame is May 2014 until August 2015.
I have taken several short car roadtrips (longest being 2-3 days driving each way - with 17 hour drive days being put in) but I have never driven an RV....Even though it is not my RV, In most situations I will be driving the most.
If anyone has taken extended or RV roadtrips, or roadtrips across the US and Canada, any advice you could give me would be fabulous!
We have a rough budget in place (covering travel insurance, repairs, gas, food and lodging) but nothing is definite as I don't have a definite itinerary yet.
Thanks so much!
Roadtrip to all provinces, territories + 49 United States?
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Quebec City trip.report
- 2 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 3 Family holiday in Canada ( winter)..accommodation in Montana and Idaho too!
- 4 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 5 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 6 Quebic City or Montreal
- 7 Is anyone has visited eagle lake in ontario
- 8 Lake Louise/Jasper trip report
- 9 Christmas Day in Quebec City
- 10 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 11 ft nelson bc
- 12 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 13 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 14 Happy Thanksgiving!!!
- 15 Niagara Falls October 10-12
- 16 canada in the winter?
- 17 Canada in winter
- 18 10 Day Trip to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
- 19 Banff - Jasper weekend itinerary October
- 20 HELP revamping Nova Scotia trip due to illness
- 21 Telegraph cove
- 22 trip report rockies
- 23 iPhone in Canada
- 24 Bringing mountain bike on flight to Can Cun.
- 25 Weather in Quebec City end of October