I am hoping to go on a roadtrip with 5 close friends to the 13 provinces and territories of Canada as well as the 49 states (Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find an RV to drive across the Pacific in, so Hawaii won't be happening this time ). I am Canadian, the rest of my group is American. We have one week for each province or state (62 weeks total), but we will probably adjust that so small areas (or boring ones!) get less time, and exciting places like British Columbia or California get a bit more time.
Within our group, on egirl owns a fairly large RV that we plan on using; I do have a question though; are we better to tow a car, or rent cars in large cities (Los Angeles, etc)?
We were initially planning to start on the East Coast, and work South then West, but due to seasonal changes, we decided to start in Ontario, work along western Canada and Alaska; before heading South. Our time frame is May 2014 until August 2015.
I have taken several short car roadtrips (longest being 2-3 days driving each way - with 17 hour drive days being put in) but I have never driven an RV....Even though it is not my RV, In most situations I will be driving the most.
If anyone has taken extended or RV roadtrips, or roadtrips across the US and Canada, any advice you could give me would be fabulous!
We have a rough budget in place (covering travel insurance, repairs, gas, food and lodging) but nothing is definite as I don't have a definite itinerary yet.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://yoursantiagingserum.com/vitalure/
- 2 car seat requirements in Canada for kids
- 3 YUL to Old Montreal with kids
- 4 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 5 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 6 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 7 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 8 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 9 Calgary, Banff, and Jasper
- 10 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 11 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 12 Quebec to yarmouth
- 13 6 hr Montreal Layover
- 14 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 15 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 16 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 17 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 18 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 19 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 20 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 21 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 22 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 23 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 24 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 25 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
Roadtrip to all provinces, territories + 49 United States?