I am hoping to go on a roadtrip with 5 close friends to the 13 provinces and territories of Canada as well as the 49 states (Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find an RV to drive across the Pacific in, so Hawaii won't be happening this time ). I am Canadian, the rest of my group is American. We have one week for each province or state (62 weeks total), but we will probably adjust that so small areas (or boring ones!) get less time, and exciting places like British Columbia or California get a bit more time.
Within our group, on egirl owns a fairly large RV that we plan on using; I do have a question though; are we better to tow a car, or rent cars in large cities (Los Angeles, etc)?
We were initially planning to start on the East Coast, and work South then West, but due to seasonal changes, we decided to start in Ontario, work along western Canada and Alaska; before heading South. Our time frame is May 2014 until August 2015.
I have taken several short car roadtrips (longest being 2-3 days driving each way - with 17 hour drive days being put in) but I have never driven an RV....Even though it is not my RV, In most situations I will be driving the most.
If anyone has taken extended or RV roadtrips, or roadtrips across the US and Canada, any advice you could give me would be fabulous!
We have a rough budget in place (covering travel insurance, repairs, gas, food and lodging) but nothing is definite as I don't have a definite itinerary yet.
Thanks so much!
Roadtrip to all provinces, territories + 49 United States?
- 1 buy your fake/real passport,id cards,driver license and other documents
- 2 VANCOUVER AUGUST 2014
- 3 Two students going to Montreal/Quebec City for cheap
- 4 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 5 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 6 Camping in Banff & Jasper Natl Parks
- 7 Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver - May/June 14
- 8 Recommended language schools in Montreal or Quebec City?
- 9 Christmas Eve Dinner in Quebec City with kids
- 10 alberta is experiencing a big storm dec 2
- 11 Looking for suggestions: Banff activities for 7-year old
- 12 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 13 Ucluelet or Tofino
- 14 Banff/Canmore, Lake Louise (Field?) and Jasper in July
- 15 Golden, British Columbia
- 16 Northern Lights at Banff National Park in Winter?
- 17 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 18 Best time of year and place for salmon fishing
- 19 tofino kayaking and fishing
- 20 Hiking Crypt Lake in May
- 21 Trip to Maritime Provinces
- 22 HELP ! Where to move in Vancouver?
- 23 Which area to live in Kelowna? Help please.
- 24 America by Rail
- 25 trip - Calgary, Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise -- where to stay?