I am hoping to go on a roadtrip with 5 close friends to the 13 provinces and territories of Canada as well as the 49 states (Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find an RV to drive across the Pacific in, so Hawaii won't be happening this time ). I am Canadian, the rest of my group is American. We have one week for each province or state (62 weeks total), but we will probably adjust that so small areas (or boring ones!) get less time, and exciting places like British Columbia or California get a bit more time.
Within our group, on egirl owns a fairly large RV that we plan on using; I do have a question though; are we better to tow a car, or rent cars in large cities (Los Angeles, etc)?
We were initially planning to start on the East Coast, and work South then West, but due to seasonal changes, we decided to start in Ontario, work along western Canada and Alaska; before heading South. Our time frame is May 2014 until August 2015.
I have taken several short car roadtrips (longest being 2-3 days driving each way - with 17 hour drive days being put in) but I have never driven an RV....Even though it is not my RV, In most situations I will be driving the most.
If anyone has taken extended or RV roadtrips, or roadtrips across the US and Canada, any advice you could give me would be fabulous!
We have a rough budget in place (covering travel insurance, repairs, gas, food and lodging) but nothing is definite as I don't have a definite itinerary yet.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 CANON printer 1:888:482:3831 installations CONTACT ☎ CANON TEC*h 24*7
- 2 CANON printer 1:888:482:3831 installations CONTACT ☎ CANON TEC*h 24*7
- 3 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 4 May2018 Banff accomodations
- 5 Big Brothers Big Sisters of Prince George
- 6 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 7 Saguenay & Sydney...Anything to See/Do?
- 8 Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
- 9 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 10 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 11 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 12 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 13 going to banff/jasper in may 2018
- 14 BC or Alberta drives
- 15 Torino in february
- 16 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 17 Vancouver to Seattle?
- 18 Canadian Thanksgiving Long Weekend Roadtrip Ideas
- 19 Oct driving conditions in the Canadian Rockies
- 20 Skiing in Whistler
- 21 Toronto Family Trip with Teens, kids, and Babies
- 22 lodging in whistler
- 23 Vancouver to Vancouver island
- 24 Fall road trip with a dog Toronto to East Coast
- 25 My Family Travle Vlog
Roadtrip to all provinces, territories + 49 United States?