My husband and I (age 29) are looking at taking a roadtrip down east this summer in July. We are hoping to spend a a couple days in Old Quebec City and also do Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and PEI. Some of the places we would like to hit are the Bay of Fundy and the Cabot Trail. I have never been to Newfoundland - not sure whether this is a must do?
If feasible coming home we thought we may do the US route back - I would love to stop in Maine on the way home.
We are relatively flexible with the number of days, however I would like to keep the trip around 14-18 days so my husband still has some vacation days left for the rest of the year.
We love trying new food, outdoor scenery, festivals, sightseeing, etc. I would also love to hit a few beaches on the trip. I think we may do a combination of apartments/bnbs, hotels and some camping. Any advice would be really great!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Border crossing
- 2 Vancouver for Christmas
- 3 Help for Central Canada Itinerary
- 4 Driving to Fort ST. John
- 5 Eastern Townships late Dec. 2016
- 6 Alternatives to expensive hotel parking in Niagara Falls, Canada?
- 7 Eastern Canada Itinerary
- 8 Restaurants in Montreal and Quebec City
- 9 7 Days in Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper
- 10 March in Montreal?
- 11 Eastern Canada in December
- 12 Seeking Trans Canada train recs
- 13 Montreal two nights with kids (10 and 6): anything fun?
- 14 Toronto-Vancouver VIA Rail Canada
- 15 driving from Vancouver airport to Smithers
- 16 The Rocky Mountaineer
- 17 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 18 Niagara-on-the-Lake with Kids
- 19 Tofino
- 20 Lesser Known BC Travel Gems
- 21 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 22 Need Help with Banff/LL/Jasper Itinerary
- 23 11th and 12th grade
- 24 Vancouver trip report!
- 25 Moving to Nova Scotia