My husband and I (age 29) are looking at taking a roadtrip down east this summer in July. We are hoping to spend a a couple days in Old Quebec City and also do Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and PEI. Some of the places we would like to hit are the Bay of Fundy and the Cabot Trail. I have never been to Newfoundland - not sure whether this is a must do?
If feasible coming home we thought we may do the US route back - I would love to stop in Maine on the way home.
We are relatively flexible with the number of days, however I would like to keep the trip around 14-18 days so my husband still has some vacation days left for the rest of the year.
We love trying new food, outdoor scenery, festivals, sightseeing, etc. I would also love to hit a few beaches on the trip. I think we may do a combination of apartments/bnbs, hotels and some camping. Any advice would be really great!
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Calgary, Banff, and Jasper
- 2 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 3 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 4 Traveling to the maritimes this summer
- 5 Quebec to yarmouth
- 6 6 hr Montreal Layover
- 7 Winter resort offering snowshoeing, dog sledding and boat trip
- 8 Nova Scotia Cabot Trail- Which hikes to consider?
- 9 Overnight en route to Fogo Island
- 10 Pre- and post-cruise plans
- 11 Storing luggage in Vancouver
- 12 Work Visa Cutt off Age
- 13 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 14 Visit to the Maritimes Aug 2 - 11
- 15 Restaurants in Banff and Jasper / Canadian Rockies
- 16 5 hour layover in Toronto on a Tuesday
- 17 Toronto lodging for 15 people - something unique?
- 18 Northern route from Toronto to northern Newfoundland
- 19 Niagara Falls/Toronto Itinerary Help
- 20 Bears in Britsch Columbia and Alberta
- 21 Nova Scotia Wineries
- 22 Getting from Anchorage to Chicago Via Train?
- 23 Pearson Airport logistics
- 24 Based in PEI, visit to NS or NB?
- 25 Columbia Icefields Parkway