We're planing a trip in August to visit a couple people North of us. One is in Fort St. James, and the other in Yellowknife. I could use google maps to get a route to drive, but thought I'd ask you to see if there are any special places we should't miss along the way. It's the first trip North for both of us, so maybe one way, either driving up or coming down, should be more scenic with the other being more expeditious.
Does anyone know which drive would be the 'best'?
Vancouver with a detour to Fort St James, then on to Yellowknife OR
Yellowknife 'straight' through to Vancouver
Any suggestions on things to stop and see?
Thanks for the input
Road trip! Vancouver-Fort St. James-Yellowknife
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Advice trip to Canada
- 2 Arriving Montreal, leaving Albany. Best mode for in between?
- 3 Travelling from Edmonton to Vancouver - via Jasper
- 4 Seeking Advice on Banff/Jasper trip Fall 2015
- 5 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 6 looking 12 passenger van rental vancouver
- 7 Layovers in Toronto and Montreal - Ideas?
- 8 Seeking advice for itinerary Waterton and Glacier National Park
- 9 Fall Quebec/Montreal - best time to go?
- 10 Do Canadians need to take the Liablity Insurance when traveling in Florida?
- 11 18 nights in Newfoundland
- 12 Help us see Vancouver island
- 13 Need Help Exploring Best of Vancouver Island Over 4 Days
- 14 Journey series CAD
- 15 Madrid or Montreal
- 16 Help with Kelowna
- 17 Best Scenic Route from Moncton (NB) to Quebec City ??
- 18 9 nights in Nfld
- 19 10 days in The Maritimes
- 20 2 days in Vancouver
- 21 Vancouver
- 22 June trip to: Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper/Via Rail to Vancouver
- 23 Vancouver bike shops and cross Canada what to see
- 24 Imminent travel to Vancouver, Whistler and Calgary. Tips plz!
- 25 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships