We're planing a trip in August to visit a couple people North of us. One is in Fort St. James, and the other in Yellowknife. I could use google maps to get a route to drive, but thought I'd ask you to see if there are any special places we should't miss along the way. It's the first trip North for both of us, so maybe one way, either driving up or coming down, should be more scenic with the other being more expeditious.
Does anyone know which drive would be the 'best'?
Vancouver with a detour to Fort St James, then on to Yellowknife OR
Yellowknife 'straight' through to Vancouver
Any suggestions on things to stop and see?
Thanks for the input
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Need help planning a trip from East Coast to Montreal
- 2 Northern Lights
- 3 14 day road trip itinerary from Calgary to Vancouver
- 4 Flying from Toronto to London
- 5 Rental car
- 6 Toronto 4 Nights - Must Do?
- 7 no foreign transaction fee, possible?
- 8 Montreal in April
- 9 VIA Rail Winter Trip Vancouver to Toronto Need Some Advise
- 10 Cross country drive
- 11 For Those Who Struggle With Quebec French
- 12 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 13 Girls Weekend in Toronto
- 14 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 15 Vancouver - Need restaurant suggestions Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
- 16 Ashisgh Dewan requires advice for Canada Toronto Trip
- 17 Toronto - which neighbourhood should we stay in?
- 18 First family trip to Toronto.
- 19 Aussies first trip to NS, PEI & NB
- 20 Calgary Stampede
- 21 2 days in Vancouver
- 22 Maritimes for 10 days with a 6 and 10 year old
- 23 Finalizing 9 day Nova Scotia itinerary
- 24 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
- 25 Canadian Rockies photography