We're planing a trip in August to visit a couple people North of us. One is in Fort St. James, and the other in Yellowknife. I could use google maps to get a route to drive, but thought I'd ask you to see if there are any special places we should't miss along the way. It's the first trip North for both of us, so maybe one way, either driving up or coming down, should be more scenic with the other being more expeditious.
Does anyone know which drive would be the 'best'?
Vancouver with a detour to Fort St James, then on to Yellowknife OR
Yellowknife 'straight' through to Vancouver
Any suggestions on things to stop and see?
Thanks for the input
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Initial planning for Vancouver and Tofino in September
- 2 Victoria or Qualicum BEACH in winter
- 3 Rockies Tour, itinerary critic.
- 4 Vancouver in June
- 5 Halifax to Moncton
- 6 Marriott Chateau Champlain beside Bell Centre
- 7 Rockies or Atlantic Canada?
- 8 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 9 Restaurant in Montreal underground
- 10 3 days in europe
- 11 Qualicum Beach, North of Nashville concert
- 12 30th anniversary spot in BC or Alberta in August
- 13 Vancouver Chinatown Night Markets
- 14 Quebec province GTG?
- 15 57 YEAR OLD GRANDMOTHER BACKPACKS ACROSS CANADA
- 16 banff - trail closed - be bear wise
- 17 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 18 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 19 Best hikes in Banff
- 20 Affordable accommodation for 5 in Tofino
- 21 Taking Amtrak from Plattsburg to Montreal
- 22 Is this area in Montreal safe?
- 23 Train to Vancouver from Toronto
- 24 Pros and Cons of using a Car in Vancouver
- 25 Nova Scotia hotels