We're planing a trip in August to visit a couple people North of us. One is in Fort St. James, and the other in Yellowknife. I could use google maps to get a route to drive, but thought I'd ask you to see if there are any special places we should't miss along the way. It's the first trip North for both of us, so maybe one way, either driving up or coming down, should be more scenic with the other being more expeditious.
Does anyone know which drive would be the 'best'?
Vancouver with a detour to Fort St James, then on to Yellowknife OR
Yellowknife 'straight' through to Vancouver
Any suggestions on things to stop and see?
Thanks for the input
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Security guards
- 2 Montreal & Quebec City - June/July
- 3 Layover in Toronto
- 4 45th Birthday Getaway
- 5 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 6 Travel agencies in Toronto, ON, Canada
- 7 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 8 Icefields Parkway
- 9 Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise, Calgary ITINERARY
- 10 Eastern Canada trip with 3 kids -- advice/itinerary needed
- 11 Driving From Vancouver to Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise all over
- 12 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 13 Keltic Lodge
- 14 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 15 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 16 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 17 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 18 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 19 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 20 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 21 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 22 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 23 Banff to Jasper and back
- 24 Canmore for a few days
- 25 The Canadian