We're planing a trip in August to visit a couple people North of us. One is in Fort St. James, and the other in Yellowknife. I could use google maps to get a route to drive, but thought I'd ask you to see if there are any special places we should't miss along the way. It's the first trip North for both of us, so maybe one way, either driving up or coming down, should be more scenic with the other being more expeditious.
Does anyone know which drive would be the 'best'?
Vancouver with a detour to Fort St James, then on to Yellowknife OR
Yellowknife 'straight' through to Vancouver
Any suggestions on things to stop and see?
Thanks for the input
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Portland/Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver Honeymoon
- 2 Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper ?
- 3 Canadian Rockies - Road Trip Itinerary
- 4 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 5 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 6 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 7 Nova Scotia Travel Input
- 8 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 9 9 day Itinerary Banff Lake Louise Jasper
- 10 Nova Scotia. PEI - NFL?
- 11 Detroit to Windsor must do's
- 12 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 13 Temporary residency in Canada
- 14 Vacation trip to Quebec
- 15 Tekarra Lodge/Becker's chalets/Pyramid Lodge
- 16 water filtration
- 17 Please plan our Saturday-Sunday Canadian Rockies trip!
- 18 Montreal & Quebec Trip Report
- 19 Western Canada in August
- 20 Rental Car- Canada Pick up and Drop off in Montana
- 21 Car rental: from Edmonton, flying out of Vancouver
- 22 U.S. ATM Bank (unchipped) cards work in Canada?
- 23 Jasper with two elderly
- 24 Dempster highway in early September
- 25 jasper