We're planing a trip in August to visit a couple people North of us. One is in Fort St. James, and the other in Yellowknife. I could use google maps to get a route to drive, but thought I'd ask you to see if there are any special places we should't miss along the way. It's the first trip North for both of us, so maybe one way, either driving up or coming down, should be more scenic with the other being more expeditious.
Does anyone know which drive would be the 'best'?
Vancouver with a detour to Fort St James, then on to Yellowknife OR
Yellowknife 'straight' through to Vancouver
Any suggestions on things to stop and see?
Thanks for the input
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Victoria?
- 2 Marvellous Montreal
- 3 Pacific Northwest Itinerary Help: Victoria, Vancouver, Whistler, Seattle
- 4 Vancouver for Christmas
- 5 Vancouver, Mountains, Public Transit
- 6 Wheelchair accessible trails, sights, activities, etc?
- 7 St John's to Fogo Island : need a half way stop.
- 8 Icefields Pkwy going North in one day?
- 9 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 10 Rocky Mountaineer train vacation
- 11 Tips for an awesome road trip in Canada BC !
- 12 Road trip to Maritime Provinces
- 13 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 14 Need travel help from Toronto to Vermont!
- 15 Cape Breton Island and Nova Scotia
- 16 One afternoon/night in Calgary.
- 17 Running in Jasper in late summer
- 18 Accomodation in Whistler, B.C.
- 19 Canadian Rockies Itinerary input?
- 20 Opinions on a rental service in Toronto
- 21 Niagara-on-the-Lake B&B for One In Town
- 22 Banff/Lake Louise/Jasper Itinerary Help
- 23 Quebec-Montreal in Summer
- 24 Would you stay in Quesnel?
- 25 PEI or Cape Breton?