We're planing a trip in August to visit a couple people North of us. One is in Fort St. James, and the other in Yellowknife. I could use google maps to get a route to drive, but thought I'd ask you to see if there are any special places we should't miss along the way. It's the first trip North for both of us, so maybe one way, either driving up or coming down, should be more scenic with the other being more expeditious.
Does anyone know which drive would be the 'best'?
Vancouver with a detour to Fort St James, then on to Yellowknife OR
Yellowknife 'straight' through to Vancouver
Any suggestions on things to stop and see?
Thanks for the input
Road trip! Vancouver-Fort St. James-Yellowknife
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 2 quebec
- 3 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 4 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 5 Jet to Victoria
- 6 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 7 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 8 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 9 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 10 Fresh Fruit from US
- 11 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 12 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants
- 13 Alberta Wildfires
- 14 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 15 icebergs r us/ canada's far east: st john's NL
- 16 When Train Plans Go Awry—My 2 Day Winnipeg/ Saint Boniface Odyssey
- 17 Niagara Falls Canada
- 18 One Day in Niagra falls with kids
- 19 What do you think of this itinerary Ontario-Qebec trip?
- 20 Driving Victoria to Toronto
- 21 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 22 edmonton-jasper, banff, lake louise
- 23 Grouse or Whistler?
- 24 What all are must go locations in Algonquin Park ?
- 25 Montreal Museum of Fine Arts