We're planing a trip in August to visit a couple people North of us. One is in Fort St. James, and the other in Yellowknife. I could use google maps to get a route to drive, but thought I'd ask you to see if there are any special places we should't miss along the way. It's the first trip North for both of us, so maybe one way, either driving up or coming down, should be more scenic with the other being more expeditious.
Does anyone know which drive would be the 'best'?
Vancouver with a detour to Fort St James, then on to Yellowknife OR
Yellowknife 'straight' through to Vancouver
Any suggestions on things to stop and see?
Thanks for the input
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Buy real passports,driver licence,IDs,visas & master cards
- 2 5 days in Banff and Lake Lousie
- 3 Visiting Toronto 2 days
- 4 PEI/Bay of Fundy or PEI/Cape Breton in 5 nights/6 days
- 5 Ideas for extra night traveling from Canmore to Spokane
- 6 Rainy Lake fishing trip
- 7 Underwhelmed by Montreal - any suggestions?
- 8 Trip to Niagara Falls/Toronto/Montreal/Quebec
- 9 Forming itinerary--Moraine Lake to Jasper to Banff Springs this Sept.
- 10 NH to Nova Scotia
- 11 planning 3 weeks trip in western Canada
- 12 Banff Area In October
- 13 Quebec Restaurant Suggestions
- 14 Thoughts on a honeymoon in Quebec City
- 15 Venue for destination wedding!!
- 16 Is Prince Edward Island worth just a few hours?
- 17 Niagara Falls Advise
- 18 Ottawa recs?
- 19 Pow Wow, feating with Canadian aboriginals
- 20 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 21 Can I drive across the rocky mountains in mid-April, without snow tires?
- 22 Random Camping in Banff National Park?
- 23 identifying a statue near pier in halifax
- 24 Black bugs and insects Eastren Townships and Laurentians?
- 25 Insurance after a heart attack