We're planing a trip in August to visit a couple people North of us. One is in Fort St. James, and the other in Yellowknife. I could use google maps to get a route to drive, but thought I'd ask you to see if there are any special places we should't miss along the way. It's the first trip North for both of us, so maybe one way, either driving up or coming down, should be more scenic with the other being more expeditious.
Does anyone know which drive would be the 'best'?
Vancouver with a detour to Fort St James, then on to Yellowknife OR
Yellowknife 'straight' through to Vancouver
Any suggestions on things to stop and see?
Thanks for the input
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Driving around Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Alberta and BC
- 2 Where to eat in Vancouver and Sidney
- 3 vancouver to jasper and banff in 9 days
- 4 9 Day Photography trip to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland
- 5 Solo Trip to BC in August
- 6 princess cruise to new england and canada
- 7 Summer Day Trips From Toronto
- 8 Newfoundland and Labrador with Two Nights in St. Pierre and Miquelon
- 9 Trip to Montreal with Daughters
- 10 Traveling with your bike
- 11 Driving from Vancouver to Anchorage
- 12 New Jersey to Quebec City
- 13 one week trip to Nova Scotia
- 14 Alberta Trip_2017
- 15 Day Trip from Niagara Falls, NY
- 16 4 Day Photography trip to Quebec during July 4th
- 17 Vancouver to Calgary - advice on itinerary and what to reserve first
- 18 Driving round trip from Vancouver to Calgary
- 19 Best Urban N American Cycling: Ottawa?
- 20 Baseball
- 21 Vermont to Montreal for 2 days?
- 22 Another trip to bicycling heaven.
- 23 Transportation from airport for 7
- 24 calgary to vancover 10days
- 25 Itinerary in the Rockies