We're planing a trip in August to visit a couple people North of us. One is in Fort St. James, and the other in Yellowknife. I could use google maps to get a route to drive, but thought I'd ask you to see if there are any special places we should't miss along the way. It's the first trip North for both of us, so maybe one way, either driving up or coming down, should be more scenic with the other being more expeditious.
Does anyone know which drive would be the 'best'?
Vancouver with a detour to Fort St James, then on to Yellowknife OR
Yellowknife 'straight' through to Vancouver
Any suggestions on things to stop and see?
Thanks for the input
Road trip! Vancouver-Fort St. James-Yellowknife
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Gaspe
- 2 Part of Larch Valley Hike Banff versus Going to Yoho
- 3 Tofino -Are 5-6 days long enough or too long for family with preschoolers?
- 4 8 days in Nova Scotia & PEI
- 5 10 full tourism days in NS & PEI
- 6 Montreal and Quebec with 12 year old girl
- 7 ATM for cash in Vancouver
- 8 cross country and downhill skiing in Quebec
- 9 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 10 Vancouver Island: Scenic Drives
- 11 Fine Dining in Vancouver
- 12 New Brunswick & Nova Scotia
- 13 Niagara/Toronto to Quebec & Maybe Montreal--need advice
- 14 Chip Credit card or will swipe work?
- 15 Alberta Wildfires
- 16 Niagara Falls Canada
- 17 Fall travel - need hotels Montreal & Ottawa
- 18 Fresh Fruit from US
- 19 Possible to Jog in Canadian Rockies?
- 20 quebec
- 21 Jet to Victoria
- 22 ottawa hotel and exhibit
- 23 Ottawa and Quebec City Restaurants
- 24 icebergs r us/ canada's far east: st john's NL
- 25 When Train Plans Go Awry—My 2 Day Winnipeg/ Saint Boniface Odyssey