We're planing a trip in August to visit a couple people North of us. One is in Fort St. James, and the other in Yellowknife. I could use google maps to get a route to drive, but thought I'd ask you to see if there are any special places we should't miss along the way. It's the first trip North for both of us, so maybe one way, either driving up or coming down, should be more scenic with the other being more expeditious.
Does anyone know which drive would be the 'best'?
Vancouver with a detour to Fort St James, then on to Yellowknife OR
Yellowknife 'straight' through to Vancouver
Any suggestions on things to stop and see?
Thanks for the input
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 day trip to Victoria
- 2 Foodie Advice for Vancouver...Please!
- 3 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 4 Cape Breton, Nova Scotia & PEI
- 5 Van to Alaska Road Trip in 10 days
- 6 Newfoundland in July
- 7 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
- 8 Jasper
- 9 Toronto - Niagara Falls NO CAR
- 10 roadtrip kelowna and alberta
- 11 Planning a week in Canadian Rockies, need some help with itinerary !
- 12 Family vacation
- 13 Ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay
- 14 4-6 hours in Gaspe
- 15 Drive from Spokane to Yoho/Banff/Jasper
- 16 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 17 UP, Manitoulin, and Quebec Driving
- 18 A month in Atlantic Canada
- 19 Calgary Stampede
- 20 My Trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 21 Fairmont Hot Springs
- 22 11 Day Road trip
- 23 Canada - 1st time
- 24 Niagra Falls, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal?
- 25 Halifax port restaurants