We're planing a trip in August to visit a couple people North of us. One is in Fort St. James, and the other in Yellowknife. I could use google maps to get a route to drive, but thought I'd ask you to see if there are any special places we should't miss along the way. It's the first trip North for both of us, so maybe one way, either driving up or coming down, should be more scenic with the other being more expeditious.
Does anyone know which drive would be the 'best'?
Vancouver with a detour to Fort St James, then on to Yellowknife OR
Yellowknife 'straight' through to Vancouver
Any suggestions on things to stop and see?
Thanks for the input
Road trip! Vancouver-Fort St. James-Yellowknife
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 What to do if I have 5 days in Vancouver
- 2 Vancouver for 3 days in May 2014
- 3 NYC to Montreal by train
- 4 Ten days on Vancouver Island
- 5 Road trip tent camping Nova Scotia
- 6 Where to stay in Banff?
- 7 Transport of cremated remains
- 8 Rockies trip in June.
- 9 Scenic Drives on Vancouver Island
- 10 camping trip: Ontario-Quebec City-PEI-Cabot Trail or St Andrew's-Halifax
- 11 Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Edmonton - best direction to travel
- 12 Montreal Hotel During Jazz Festival
- 13 Toronto Hotels at Avenue Road & Bloor?
- 14 First cut Newfoundland itinerary
- 15 7 Days in Newfoundland
- 16 boarder crossing question
- 17 Best Areas to Stay in Montreal
- 18 Calgary hotel help needed
- 19 Air Canada vs Westjet for flight to Barbados from Toronto
- 20 a week in St John's, NL
- 21 Where to go with grandson in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick , PEI
- 22 graduation in Vancouver
- 23 Stay at Niagara Falls or downtown?
- 24 Is Tofino the best home base to explore Vancouver Island?
- 25 Water Prince Corner Shop in Charlottetown -- is it closed?