We're planing a trip in August to visit a couple people North of us. One is in Fort St. James, and the other in Yellowknife. I could use google maps to get a route to drive, but thought I'd ask you to see if there are any special places we should't miss along the way. It's the first trip North for both of us, so maybe one way, either driving up or coming down, should be more scenic with the other being more expeditious.
Does anyone know which drive would be the 'best'?
Vancouver with a detour to Fort St James, then on to Yellowknife OR
Yellowknife 'straight' through to Vancouver
Any suggestions on things to stop and see?
Thanks for the input
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 limited time biking - Eastern Canada
- 2 Snowbirds Pensacola Beach, Florida
- 3 car needed in Vancouver?
- 4 7 day itinerary of Nova Scotia
- 5 Forming itinerary--Moraine Lake to Jasper to Banff Springs this Sept.
- 6 Ideas on Newfoundland
- 7 Its vegan capsules ignite the fat loss
- 8 Ottawa recs?
- 9 Underwhelmed by Montreal - any suggestions?
- 10 Biking in Eastern Canada
- 11 Granville Island
- 12 Where to Eat & Drink in Vancouver!
- 13 Good eats and car question NS
- 14 Nova Scotia vs Newfoundland
- 15 Quebec Jazz? other to do's?
- 16 VIA Rail Ocean - Which Direction?
- 17 MUST SEE/DO VANCOUVER, BC
- 18 Western Ontario and Manitoba Drive
- 19 road trip toronto to nova scotia
- 20 Road Trip to Montreal from Chicago
- 21 Trip to Banff from Glacier National Park
- 22 Marriott Chateau Champlain Vs. Le Square Phillips Hotel
- 23 Marriott Chateau Champlain beside Bell Centre
- 24 Which Marriott hotel in Montreal?
- 25 2 weeks in maritime provinces