We're planing a trip in August to visit a couple people North of us. One is in Fort St. James, and the other in Yellowknife. I could use google maps to get a route to drive, but thought I'd ask you to see if there are any special places we should't miss along the way. It's the first trip North for both of us, so maybe one way, either driving up or coming down, should be more scenic with the other being more expeditious.
Does anyone know which drive would be the 'best'?
Vancouver with a detour to Fort St James, then on to Yellowknife OR
Yellowknife 'straight' through to Vancouver
Any suggestions on things to stop and see?
Thanks for the input
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 education sponsorship
- 2 Seattle/Vancouver Retreat
- 3 A week in Eastern Newfoundland
- 4 Road trip from Toronto to New Brunswick and back
- 5 Vancouver 2016 Trip Report
- 6 Calgary-Vancouver-Calgary 12-day road trip
- 7 a visit to st john's one of the oldest cities
- 8 Need Help for First Trip to Toronto
- 9 Maritimes Trip - First Time 2016
- 10 Transporation - Quebec City to Montreal?
- 11 How were you treated in Quebec?
- 12 ideas for a short trip near Niagara
- 13 Dog Sled, Aurora & Niagara!!
- 14 Banff / Jasper 6 days
- 15 Road Trip to Calgary
- 16 Montreal to Quebec Ciry
- 17 A Week in Nova Scotia
- 18 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
- 19 Thousand Islands - Hiking
- 20 Seattle/ONP/Vancouver/Whistler
- 21 Chicago to London, ON, Canada
- 22 Eating lobster
- 23 Two Wonderful Weeks in the Maritimes
- 24 PEI Beach rentals and local eateries
- 25 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days