We're planing a trip in August to visit a couple people North of us. One is in Fort St. James, and the other in Yellowknife. I could use google maps to get a route to drive, but thought I'd ask you to see if there are any special places we should't miss along the way. It's the first trip North for both of us, so maybe one way, either driving up or coming down, should be more scenic with the other being more expeditious.
Does anyone know which drive would be the 'best'?
Vancouver with a detour to Fort St James, then on to Yellowknife OR
Yellowknife 'straight' through to Vancouver
Any suggestions on things to stop and see?
Thanks for the input
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Can I drive across the rocky mountains in mid-April, without snow tires?
- 2 Banff/Jasper/Yoho Parks and Canmore Trip Report
- 3 Aussies first trip to NS, PEI & NB
- 4 Suggest some best places to travel and accommodation facilities in Toronto
- 5 Road trip Vancouver to Seattle?
- 6 good lobster roll
- 7 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 8 Montreal or Toronto?
- 9 Visit the east coast in July /16
- 10 Trip Report--Canadian Rockies
- 11 One night in Calgary - accommodation suggestions please
- 12 Which boat trip to take under the Falls
- 13 When to Visit Canadian Rockies
- 14 Western Ontario and Manitoba Drive
- 15 Canada in Feb 2016
- 16 King City and surrounding
- 17 Georgia to Fairbanks
- 18 20 hour layover
- 19 Is my itinerary the best Ontario loop?
- 20 Great Canadian Bungee: watch me jump!
- 21 Montreal for two days -- mini TR
- 22 VYR to Victoria Inner Harbour
- 23 montreal to Manchester leaf peeping
- 24 Vancouver/Victoria Honeymoon
- 25 cheap Toronto airport hotel