We're planing a trip in August to visit a couple people North of us. One is in Fort St. James, and the other in Yellowknife. I could use google maps to get a route to drive, but thought I'd ask you to see if there are any special places we should't miss along the way. It's the first trip North for both of us, so maybe one way, either driving up or coming down, should be more scenic with the other being more expeditious.
Does anyone know which drive would be the 'best'?
Vancouver with a detour to Fort St James, then on to Yellowknife OR
Yellowknife 'straight' through to Vancouver
Any suggestions on things to stop and see?
Thanks for the input
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Health Care Reform Canada
- 2 Family vacation
- 3 Drive from Spokane to Yoho/Banff/Jasper
- 4 9 Day Nova Scotia Trip Report
- 5 Van to Alaska Road Trip in 10 days
- 6 2016 East Canada Road Trip
- 7 Newfoundland itinerary help
- 8 UP, Manitoulin, and Quebec Driving
- 9 Planning a week in Canadian Rockies, need some help with itinerary !
- 10 Cape Breton, Nova Scotia & PEI
- 11 Ferry from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay
- 12 A month in Atlantic Canada
- 13 Calgary Stampede
- 14 My Trip to Montreal and Quebec City
- 15 Fairmont Hot Springs
- 16 11 Day Road trip
- 17 Canada - 1st time
- 18 Niagra Falls, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal?
- 19 Halifax port restaurants
- 20 4-6 hours in Gaspe
- 21 Natural Habitat Churchill Polar Bear Trips--Tundra Lodge & Hotel
- 22 Road Trip Help
- 23 12 Day Itinerary Nova Scotia
- 24 Return flight ticket cheaper than One Way
- 25 Grizzly Bears Campbell River