We're planing a trip in August to visit a couple people North of us. One is in Fort St. James, and the other in Yellowknife. I could use google maps to get a route to drive, but thought I'd ask you to see if there are any special places we should't miss along the way. It's the first trip North for both of us, so maybe one way, either driving up or coming down, should be more scenic with the other being more expeditious.
Does anyone know which drive would be the 'best'?
Vancouver with a detour to Fort St James, then on to Yellowknife OR
Yellowknife 'straight' through to Vancouver
Any suggestions on things to stop and see?
Thanks for the input
Road trip! Vancouver-Fort St. James-Yellowknife
- 1 Northern Vermont to Sault Ste Marie via Trans-Canada Highway
- 2 Recommendations needed for change of Hotel in Victoria, please.
- 3 New to Montreal - want to stay in Plateau area
- 4 Gros Morne accommodations
- 5 Dressing for Dinner on a BC Road Trip
- 6 Almost 2 days in Vancouver....help!!!
- 7 Jasper - a drive too far?
- 8 Hotel for Calgary Arrival?
- 9 Moncton start, Nova Scotia and PEI in 9 days
- 10 Nova Scotia ideas...
- 11 Time Management between Montreal and Quebec City
- 12 Nova Scotia in 10 days - Roundtrip from Bangor, ME
- 13 Two nights in Quebec City - hotel, restaurant, activity suggestions?
- 14 Woody Island Resort in Newfoundland
- 15 Vancouver shopping with teens
- 16 Calgary treats
- 17 Honeymoon in Quebec City
- 18 Best way to get from Quebec City to Boston
- 19 Canadian Rockies - Burgess Shale and rafting
- 20 Best nature options near Vancouver
- 21 Montreal Race Weekend - Grand Prix F1
- 22 Wine Tour - Where to stay, how long to plan for
- 23 Vancouver Whale Watching
- 24 DOG SLEDDING
- 25 Route from Ns to Calgary, side trip to Niagra Falls