This summer I would like to drive the famous Alaska Highway to Whitehorse (16th time), on to Dawson City and up the Dempster highway across the Arctic Circle for the first time. I know the highways and history well. While the paving of the Alaska Highway has reduced some of the challenge since my first trip in 1975, the Dempster is still an adventure awaiting me. My vehicle and I are well prepared for the trip, but my dog and I would like an enthusiastic companion. I am a 43 y.o. male looking for a female companion up to the adventure. Side trips could included Skaguay Alaska, Fort Liard NWT or Anchorage Alaska. While I have hiked the Chilkoot Trail between Skaguay and Yukon, and reservations usually have to be made well in advance, this is a possible side trip as well.
Road Trip to the Arctic Circle
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Confused about VIA rail options - upper berth, cabin?
- 2 Rockies to Vancouver
- 3 season greetings
- 4 Taxi Stand near Saint Jean Baptiste in Montreal
- 5 December activities for kids in downtown Toronto?
- 6 Toronto: where to stay?
- 7 Alberta????
- 8 Victoria questions for 30th birthday trip
- 9 moving from Saskatchewan - choices
- 10 Ottawa and Montreal New Years
- 11 Wifi rental
- 12 Your favorite travel web sites?
- 13 Short term lodging
- 14 Looking for a campsite for a summer program
- 15 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 16 Vancouver island or Northern West
- 17 Vancouver top restaurant
- 18 Montreal Entertainment
- 19 Heli skiing in March
- 20 Any good ideas for Western Canada?
- 21 Vancouver Canada pocket wifi rental
- 22 Vancouver, Canada - General information about organic food
- 23 Train travel Vancouver to Seattle
- 24 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 25 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies