I am in the process of planning a trip from Niagara Falls to Nova Scotia and back. We have a total of 19 days for travel. I would like some help tweaking my itinerary Here it is so far:
Niagara-Montreal stay one night in old montreal (more of a rest stop...have been several times)
Montreal to Quebec City to stay 2 nites
Quebec City to St. Andrews,NB to stay 1 nite
St. Andrews to Alma, NB for 2 nites
Alma to Summerside PEI 2 nites
Now here is where things get dicey I cannot decide where our first stop on the Cabot trail should be....Baddeck or somewhere near Mabou (on the ceilidh trail). We were thinking we would stay at either for 1 nite before continuing up to Pleasant Bay where we would stay 2-3 nites and day trip from there around the trail.
From cape breton we will drive to Peggy's cove and stay for 2 nights with day trip to halifax. Then head back home through Maine-Vermont-NY state.
Can someone help me: 1) clean up the Cape Breton portion of our trip -suggested first stop and then suggested 'home base' near pleasant bay
2)any suggestions on must see things in PEI
We are more nature nuts looking for beautiful scenery and getting the local feel then anything else. Any help is much appreciated!
Road Trip Niagara-->Nova Scotia
- 1 Winter getaway to Quebec City!!
- 2 VANCOUVER AUGUST 2014
- 3 Golden BC
- 4 Which area to live in Kelowna? Help please.
- 5 HELP ! Where to move in Vancouver?
- 6 Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver - May/June 14
- 7 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 8 Day trips around Toronto in the fall
- 9 Camping in Banff & Jasper Natl Parks
- 10 Two students going to Montreal/Quebec City for cheap
- 11 Beware of Cottage owner in Ottawa/Renfrew area
- 12 Recommended language schools in Montreal or Quebec City?
- 13 Christmas Eve Dinner in Quebec City with kids
- 14 alberta is experiencing a big storm dec 2
- 15 Looking for suggestions: Banff activities for 7-year old
- 16 Ucluelet or Tofino
- 17 Banff/Canmore, Lake Louise (Field?) and Jasper in July
- 18 Golden, British Columbia
- 19 Northern Lights at Banff National Park in Winter?
- 20 Canadian Rockies Trip Report:
- 21 Best time of year and place for salmon fishing
- 22 tofino kayaking and fishing
- 23 Hiking Crypt Lake in May
- 24 Trip to Maritime Provinces
- 25 America by Rail