We (me and the girlfriend) are 2 weeks into our 1 year around the world trip. We are currently based in Montreal and have a place untill the end of July.
Our initial plan was to travel accross canada but with the train pass costing around $1000 alone we have have decided against. We have come up with this as an alternative.
Road trip: Montreal > Mont Tremblant > Quebec City > Tadoussac (Whale watching)
We would really appreciate any infomation/pointers including do's, donts.
Firstly: should we hire a 4x4 and drive (cheapest place to hire & approx how much would it cost in fuel?)
Or travel by bus/train? (which companies?)
What are peoples thoughts on the route? Should we leave anything out? Are there any other places we must see?
Also places to stay
Please not we are on a fairly tight budget.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 http://www.healthsuppdiet.com/image-revive-reviews/
- 2 http://health-wellnessworld.com/fierce-male-enhancement/
- 3 Quebec City in mid-November
- 4 5 day road trip from Vancouver to Calgary
- 5 Toronto Union Station area for a few evening hours
- 6 Lake Louise to Seattle Washington
- 7 Places to stay in Kelowna, British Columbia
- 8 Eastern Canada in December
- 9 Preferred Route for Driving the Rockies in November
- 10 Roadtrip ON-NL
- 11 Calgary
- 12 Tofino
- 13 Vegetarian Restaurant Recommendations Quebec City
- 14 Gypsy Guide to Driving the Icefield Parkway
- 15 Would you stay in Quesnel?
- 16 Vancouver/Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 17 Toronto or Quebec City?
- 18 Banff in October
- 19 Halifax Nova Scotia to Peggy's Cove
- 20 Quebec City in autumn
- 21 Feedback on itinerary - Mid October Banff/Lake Louise/jasper
- 22 Quebec City
- 23 Family ski holiday
- 24 First Time Trip To Canada!!
- 25 Vancouver and Victoria recommendations
Road trip: Montreal > Mont Tremblant > Quebec City > Tadoussac