We (me and the girlfriend) are 2 weeks into our 1 year around the world trip. We are currently based in Montreal and have a place untill the end of July.
Our initial plan was to travel accross canada but with the train pass costing around $1000 alone we have have decided against. We have come up with this as an alternative.
Road trip: Montreal > Mont Tremblant > Quebec City > Tadoussac (Whale watching)
We would really appreciate any infomation/pointers including do's, donts.
Firstly: should we hire a 4x4 and drive (cheapest place to hire & approx how much would it cost in fuel?)
Or travel by bus/train? (which companies?)
What are peoples thoughts on the route? Should we leave anything out? Are there any other places we must see?
Also places to stay
Please not we are on a fairly tight budget.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Train to Vancouver from Toronto
- 2 Getting to downtown from Brossard
- 3 Aging can now be Defeated Naturally
- 4 Layover In Toronto
- 5 review of hotel in Montral
- 6 Montreal Questions
- 7 Need to fill in trip plans with one more destination near Vancouver
- 8 Trip report/Burlington, VT to Quebec City to Charlevoix
- 9 Rochester > Montreal > Quebec
- 10 Montreal vs Quebec City for Canada Day
- 11 youth group trip to nova scotia and prince edward island
- 12 Embassy suite Niagara falls, how far is the walk to the casino?
- 13 Waterton National Park
- 14 Economy vs business on VIA rail?
- 15 How do I get from Calgary to Glacier National Park or near by?
- 16 Car rental in Victoria, BC
- 17 Restaurant with amazing view (and decent food) Whistler
- 18 Activities for Children in Vancouver
- 19 Romantic destination in Canada
- 20 Travel Guide to Quebec
- 21 Travel Guide to Quebec
- 22 Newfoundland and Labrador with young children
- 23 Vancouver
- 24 Need help planning a Nova Scotia/PEI trip
- 25 Jasper and Banff
Road trip: Montreal > Mont Tremblant > Quebec City > Tadoussac