We (me and the girlfriend) are 2 weeks into our 1 year around the world trip. We are currently based in Montreal and have a place untill the end of July.
Our initial plan was to travel accross canada but with the train pass costing around $1000 alone we have have decided against. We have come up with this as an alternative.
Road trip: Montreal > Mont Tremblant > Quebec City > Tadoussac (Whale watching)
We would really appreciate any infomation/pointers including do's, donts.
Firstly: should we hire a 4x4 and drive (cheapest place to hire & approx how much would it cost in fuel?)
Or travel by bus/train? (which companies?)
What are peoples thoughts on the route? Should we leave anything out? Are there any other places we must see?
Also places to stay
Please not we are on a fairly tight budget.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 First Time Trip To Canada!!
- 2 Victoria, BC and Ottawa, ON -- similar?
- 3 Weekend in Calgary
- 4 Niagra Falls
- 5 One Week In Newfoundland itinerary advice.
- 6 Vancouver 2016 Trip Report
- 7 First Time Trip to Canada
- 8 Bus trip packing for August, Vancouver & Banff
- 9 Calgary-Vancouver-Calgary 12-day road trip
- 10 Irish Loop, Newfoundland
- 11 Seattle/Vancouver Retreat
- 12 A week in Eastern Newfoundland
- 13 Road trip from Toronto to New Brunswick and back
- 14 a visit to st john's one of the oldest cities
- 15 Need Help for First Trip to Toronto
- 16 Maritimes Trip - First Time 2016
- 17 Transporation - Quebec City to Montreal?
- 18 How were you treated in Quebec?
- 19 ideas for a short trip near Niagara
- 20 Dog Sled, Aurora & Niagara!!
- 21 Banff / Jasper 6 days
- 22 Road Trip to Calgary
- 23 Montreal to Quebec Ciry
- 24 A Week in Nova Scotia
- 25 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
Road trip: Montreal > Mont Tremblant > Quebec City > Tadoussac