We (me and the girlfriend) are 2 weeks into our 1 year around the world trip. We are currently based in Montreal and have a place untill the end of July.
Our initial plan was to travel accross canada but with the train pass costing around $1000 alone we have have decided against. We have come up with this as an alternative.
Road trip: Montreal > Mont Tremblant > Quebec City > Tadoussac (Whale watching)
We would really appreciate any infomation/pointers including do's, donts.
Firstly: should we hire a 4x4 and drive (cheapest place to hire & approx how much would it cost in fuel?)
Or travel by bus/train? (which companies?)
What are peoples thoughts on the route? Should we leave anything out? Are there any other places we must see?
Also places to stay
Please not we are on a fairly tight budget.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 NS and PEI with elderly traveller
- 2 Vancouver to Toronto car or train?
- 3 Travel agencies in Toronto, ON, Canada
- 4 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 5 Question on Staying on Nova Scotia
- 6 Icefields Parkway
- 7 Cat Ferry to Nova Scotia?
- 8 Nature drive in Canada and the U.S.
- 9 Vancouver to Ft St John/return - summer road trip
- 10 4 Days Vancouver & 5 in Whistler
- 11 Help with Niagara Falls and Toronto planning, please!
- 12 Niagara Falls - 2 Nights Family of 4
- 13 Banff to Jasper and back
- 14 Vancouver & Vancouver Island
- 15 Canmore for a few days
- 16 Keltic Lodge
- 17 The Canadian
- 18 2 weeks ‘corridor’, lowbudget daytrips by public bus, book on the spot?
- 19 Road from Calgary to Whitehorse
- 20 Restaurants in Jasper, Alberta
- 21 Getting from Vancouver to Nanaimo without a car
- 22 Going from Banff to Many Glacier without flying
- 23 East to West, Roadtrip
- 24 Tent camping with a dog
- 25 Help with Victoria get away
Road trip: Montreal > Mont Tremblant > Quebec City > Tadoussac