We (me and the girlfriend) are 2 weeks into our 1 year around the world trip. We are currently based in Montreal and have a place untill the end of July.
Our initial plan was to travel accross canada but with the train pass costing around $1000 alone we have have decided against. We have come up with this as an alternative.
Road trip: Montreal > Mont Tremblant > Quebec City > Tadoussac (Whale watching)
We would really appreciate any infomation/pointers including do's, donts.
Firstly: should we hire a 4x4 and drive (cheapest place to hire & approx how much would it cost in fuel?)
Or travel by bus/train? (which companies?)
What are peoples thoughts on the route? Should we leave anything out? Are there any other places we must see?
Also places to stay
Please not we are on a fairly tight budget.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Jasper/Banff holiday help
- 2 9 Days in a Camper Van, Alberta Rockies Itinerary
- 3 Hotel near Stanley Parc
- 4 Looking for travel lapel pins HELP
- 5 Itinerary feedback, please
- 6 Romantic 4-Day July Getaway Ideas Needed
- 7 Need Help!! 1 week itinerary vancouver, whistler & islands
- 8 Vancouver and possibly elsewhere for two weeks?
- 9 Ocean Odyssey: Vancouver Island (and Vancouver)
- 10 Canada's 150th anniversary in the Maritimes
- 11 Prince Edward Island-must do things
- 12 RoadTrip Toronto- PEI
- 13 Best Way
- 14 Nova Scotia & New Brunswick and New Foundland
- 15 Montreal and Quebec City in August
- 16 9 hour layover in Montreal, what to do?
- 17 Bay of Fundy
- 18 Toronto 2 nights from Buffalo
- 19 Best way to do Vancouver to Calgary as a group
- 20 First trip to Vancouver
- 21 40th birthday party ideas in canada, May 5th 2017
- 22 Portland/Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver Honeymoon
- 23 Alberta Trip_2017
- 24 Vancouver with toddlers - getting around
- 25 Banff - Day Tours + Eateries
Road trip: Montreal > Mont Tremblant > Quebec City > Tadoussac