We (me and the girlfriend) are 2 weeks into our 1 year around the world trip. We are currently based in Montreal and have a place untill the end of July.
Our initial plan was to travel accross canada but with the train pass costing around $1000 alone we have have decided against. We have come up with this as an alternative.
Road trip: Montreal > Mont Tremblant > Quebec City > Tadoussac (Whale watching)
We would really appreciate any infomation/pointers including do's, donts.
Firstly: should we hire a 4x4 and drive (cheapest place to hire & approx how much would it cost in fuel?)
Or travel by bus/train? (which companies?)
What are peoples thoughts on the route? Should we leave anything out? Are there any other places we must see?
Also places to stay
Please not we are on a fairly tight budget.
Thanks in advance
Road trip: Montreal > Mont Tremblant > Quebec City > Tadoussac
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Quebec City trip.report
- 2 Best weekend of Carnaval?
- 3 Looking for a cold place to visit during my school break
- 4 Three days in Halifax - One being daytrip to PEI.
- 5 Is anyone has visited eagle lake in ontario
- 6 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 7 iPhone in Canada
- 8 Lake Louise/Jasper trip report
- 9 Free parking in Halifax near Waterfront.
- 10 Victoria Dining
- 11 Christmas Day in Quebec City
- 12 Bromont - a perfect getaway
- 13 Family holiday in Canada ( winter)..accommodation in Montana and Idaho too!
- 14 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 15 Quebic City or Montreal
- 16 Fabulous five days/Montreal & Quebec City
- 17 ft nelson bc
- 18 Canadian Rockies Trip: Hiking priority
- 19 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper - Early Agust 2014
- 20 Happy Thanksgiving!!!
- 21 Niagara Falls October 10-12
- 22 canada in the winter?
- 23 Canada in winter
- 24 10 Day Trip to Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
- 25 Banff - Jasper weekend itinerary October