We (me and the girlfriend) are 2 weeks into our 1 year around the world trip. We are currently based in Montreal and have a place untill the end of July.
Our initial plan was to travel accross canada but with the train pass costing around $1000 alone we have have decided against. We have come up with this as an alternative.
Road trip: Montreal > Mont Tremblant > Quebec City > Tadoussac (Whale watching)
We would really appreciate any infomation/pointers including do's, donts.
Firstly: should we hire a 4x4 and drive (cheapest place to hire & approx how much would it cost in fuel?)
Or travel by bus/train? (which companies?)
What are peoples thoughts on the route? Should we leave anything out? Are there any other places we must see?
Also places to stay
Please not we are on a fairly tight budget.
Thanks in advance
Road trip: Montreal > Mont Tremblant > Quebec City > Tadoussac
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Driving from PEI to Edmonton, Alberta (end of Jan. beginning of Feb. 2015)
- 2 Road trip from Vacouver to Alaska.
- 3 Stay at Niagara Falls or downtown?
- 4 August trip to Montreal, Quebec and the Eastern Townships
- 5 itinerary help with a British Columbia+Alaska road trip
- 6 Calgary or Lake Louise?
- 7 Gulf Islands - anybody been to Galiano Island?
- 8 Relentless Beauty - Panecott's Trip to the Canadian Rockies
- 9 Ottawa to East Coast Maritimes
- 10 Planning a trip to Ontario?
- 11 Vancouver Trip Feb 16-20,2015
- 12 Travelling from Toronto to Quebec City and New Brunswick
- 13 2 days in Vancouver
- 14 Best way to get mobile data in Canada?
- 15 Montreal - Old Town or Plateau district?
- 16 8 days in NL
- 17 Montreal transportation pass
- 18 Ottawa and Thousand Islands
- 19 Best land travel for Canadian Maritines
- 20 First visit to Montreal, hotel and sightseeing recommendations needed
- 21 Newfoundland tent camping
- 22 Mother/daughter trip to Quebec City and Montreal!
- 23 2 months Canada and USA with alaska cruise
- 24 Thousand Islands
- 25 Crazy to Go to Montreal in Winter?