We (me and the girlfriend) are 2 weeks into our 1 year around the world trip. We are currently based in Montreal and have a place untill the end of July.
Our initial plan was to travel accross canada but with the train pass costing around $1000 alone we have have decided against. We have come up with this as an alternative.
Road trip: Montreal > Mont Tremblant > Quebec City > Tadoussac (Whale watching)
We would really appreciate any infomation/pointers including do's, donts.
Firstly: should we hire a 4x4 and drive (cheapest place to hire & approx how much would it cost in fuel?)
Or travel by bus/train? (which companies?)
What are peoples thoughts on the route? Should we leave anything out? Are there any other places we must see?
Also places to stay
Please not we are on a fairly tight budget.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 Creative: norton Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:888:482:3831 norton 24*7
- 2 Toronto to N.F. to Buffalo without a car. Need help.
- 3 Tweak itinerary for Canadian Rockies
- 4 Newfoundland in early June
- 5 Nova Scotia in July
- 6 Cape Breton in early June
- 7 Magdalen Islands in early June
- 8 Magdalen Islands
- 9 Vancouver/Seattle Trip
- 10 Grround transportation from Vancouver Airport
- 11 How to break the drive from Montreal to Niagara falls?
- 12 Is it too late to plan Banff & Jasper for this July?
- 13 Passport question for Int flight
- 14 Banff Jasper Itinerary Help - Need ASAP Married Couple 9 days
- 15 Itinerary for 10 day Maritime trip
- 16 Icefields Parkway
- 17 3 Nights in Cape Breton
- 18 Parking in Niagara & Toronto
- 19 Itinerary Needed for Pacific NW, Canadian Rockies & Vancouver
- 20 Driving From Vancouver to Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise all over
- 21 Canadian Rockies (Banff, Yoho, Jasper) in July
- 22 Victoria, Canada
- 23 Car rental drop off fees or change itinerary Victoria to Penticton
- 24 Quebec City lower town vs. upper town?
- 25 Pacific Central Train Station Vancouver, BC questions
Road trip: Montreal > Mont Tremblant > Quebec City > Tadoussac